Ace Combat 6 PS3 coming soon

Hey I need a little help in rumor control. I heard a guy at Game Crazy talking about a PS3 version of Ace Combat 6 and it wasn't a worker so it might be believeable ;) . If anyone has heard about this as a timed exclusive please give your input. Also, if it is true will there be any flightstick bundles?

What I can tell you is that Atari (the publisher of the Euro version on 360), mentioned something about it coming to PS3 back in September I believe, so there's a chance it's coming. In OXM, the creator did state it's a timed exclusive on 360.

I heard something about this being a timed exclusive way long ago, but I haven't heard anything for or against since. I might hold out a little longer picking this up just in case, just because of the PS3 controller. I got to play the AC6 demo a bit tonight and I hav to say I like L2/R2 for controlling yaw, mostly because they're analog but also because of the placement.

IMO the title needs changed as it's very misleading. I came in here thinking alright it's confirmed sweet, instead all I get is more hear say about it.

[quote name='metaly']I heard something about this being a timed exclusive way long ago, but I haven't heard anything for or against since. I might hold out a little longer picking this up just in case, just because of the PS3 controller. I got to play the AC6 demo a bit tonight and I hav to say I like L2/R2 for controlling yaw, mostly because they're analog but also because of the placement.[/QUOTE]I completely agree. There might be a way to change it under options or something, but that really hurt it for me (because that was the way I was yawing for years).

Yea it will come to PS3 eventually but I'd rather just get AC7. Six was a bit disappointing in that it was too easy and the story wasn't as cool as AC5 (the only other AC game I've played). I'm not that good at the game and did not get shot down during the entire single player campaign playing on the hardest difficulty available at the beginning. I think it was "hard", not sure.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']IMO the title needs changed as it's very misleading. I came in here thinking alright it's confirmed sweet, instead all I get is more hear say about it.[/quote]

:bomb: Exactly. I was hyped for AC6 until I learned it went 360 exclusive.

I definitely haven't heard anything about it... I thought this was clearly only on 360. I just found out that Iron Man was going to be on ps3, i thought it was 360 only as well.

[quote name='Aleman']Yea it will come to PS3 eventually but I'd rather just get AC7. Six was a bit disappointing in that it was too easy and the story wasn't as cool as AC5 (the only other AC game I've played). I'm not that good at the game and did not get shot down during the entire single player campaign playing on the hardest difficulty available at the beginning. I think it was "hard", not sure.[/QUOTE]
Yup. AC6 is probably the worst in the series. Granted being the worst AC still makes you better than most games, it was a disappointment. The story is nowhere near as good as previous games, the music was mediocre, and the missions were pretty bland.

It's still a good game, but just don't expect something as good as the previous games.

This rumor comes from Playstation 3 magazine PSM3. PSM3 is part on online gaming website CVG.

In their feature "2008 year of the ps3" I noticed something interesting.

Among the games listed one poped out the most, Ace Combat 6 with this written below:

"Japan's favourite dogfighting series returns with a new made-up war, a brace of superweapons, online co-op and a custom controller for the superfans."

Could this be a miss print even though there is a picture and writting to go with it or do they know something that we don't and that Namco will be annoucing this for the PS3 soon.

Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-109638.aspx?CT=1

The rumor is still going.

Weird, I was just thinking about this game and wondering again what happened to the PS3 port rumors. I hope there's more word on this soon, because now that I have a 360 it's really tempting to just pick this up and I'd much prefer to play it on PS3.

Also, could the OP change the title until there's more concrete news? It gives me false hope every time.

I didn't feel like reading all the posts, so if this has been posted, sorry. It was announced in OXM a long time ago that Ace Combat 6 would be a timed exclusive.

bread's done
Back