Acheivements in Halo 3 beta?

Zmonkay

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but do beta trials generally have achievements or any such things?

I ask because I have a Halo 3 beta through Crackdown, and want to use a three month trial to Live that new 360's come with (creat new account, silver silver silver....select free trial to gold). Long story short I nullified the one on my real gamertag by making it online, so the option never came up, and then I have already used a month prepaid card, so customer service cannot give me the free trial month.

I would like to have any achievements or mention of the beta on my actual gamertag if they exist, but if they don't, I'll make one just for the trial.

Anyone here if Halo 3 will have anything like that, or if the Shadowrun beta did?

lol..sorta good anyway that there are no achievments so people will just be trying to have fun instead of going after certain acheivements. i hope achievements dont totally ruin the actual game..like 'beat down 200 ppl'. people will just go around beating everyone, which would be fucking gay. hopefully they have something creative to do.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']lol..sorta good anyway that there are no achievments so people will just be trying to have fun instead of going after certain acheivements. i hope achievements dont totally ruin the actual game..like 'beat down 200 ppl'. people will just go around beating everyone, which would be fucking gay. hopefully they have something creative to do.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah, I hear ya. Glad to hear there aren't any, so A. I don't need to worry about missing any on my gamertag, and B. so it can be fun instead of work

[quote name='MillerTime2523']They should have gamerpics for people who played in the H3 beta. At least something.[/quote]

Would be nice, kinda like the shadowrun gamerpic that came with that beta.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']They should have gamerpics for people who played in the H3 beta. At least something.[/QUOTE]Except for the fact that there's maybe two people who aren't in it...

No free gamerpic either. They won't do that when they can release a new picture pack the day the beta hits and everyone will eat it up.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']They should have gamerpics for people who played in the H3 beta. At least something.[/QUOTE]
Your reward for getting in the Beta is playing in the Beta.

yeah I figure there will be about 19 million people on XBL with Master Chief Gamer tags and me with Lord Cao Cao of Wei.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']lol..sorta good anyway that there are no achievments so people will just be trying to have fun instead of going after certain acheivements. i hope achievements dont totally ruin the actual game..like 'beat down 200 ppl'. people will just go around beating everyone, which would be fucking gay. hopefully they have something creative to do.[/QUOTE]

Why would an achievement like that ruin the game? Melees are a core part of Halo...For people who want such an achievement, whatever, let em get it, you can just shoot them.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Why would an achievement like that ruin the game? Melees are a core part of Halo...For people who want such an achievement, whatever, let em get it, you can just shoot them.[/quote]

because people start to become selfish (i.e rush the sniper everytime) as they try to get personal goals rather than focusing on winning the game. u should kill someone using whatever method is best in that situation, instead of doing the same shit for a week to get an achievement

Achievements do in fact ruin games. So many times in gears, people will just try to chainsaw or just try to snipe despite whether they're good at it or not and as a consequence, your team ends up losing.

It'd be cool if they restricted achivements to unranked playlists or something although I know that's not gonna happen.

[quote name='dastly75']Achievements do in fact ruin games. So many times in gears, people will just try to chainsaw or just try to snipe despite whether they're good at it or not and as a consequence, your team ends up losing.

It'd be cool if they restricted achivements to unranked playlists or something although I know that's not gonna happen.[/quote]

or the single player

[quote name='dastly75']Achievements do in fact ruin games. So many times in gears, people will just try to chainsaw or just try to snipe despite whether they're good at it or not and as a consequence, your team ends up losing.

It'd be cool if they restricted achivements to unranked playlists or something although I know that's not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I'm almost the complete opposite opinion regarding Gears achievements but we ultimately want the same goal. Maybe Epic will listen if we can all agree achievements belong in unranked games, even in slightly modified to increase the number of kills in unranked games.

So has it been confirmed there's no free gamerpic? I know I got one for beta testing BugBash.

I also agree like lilboo's idea. Make it one of the achievements similar to the Zero event achievement. Though, nearly everyone and their (happy) mother('s) (day) will have it.

[quote name='Damian']Your reward for getting in the Beta is playing in the Beta.[/quote]
I'm not saying we need a reward for participating, I'm saying it would be cool to sport your "Halo 3 Beta Tester" gamerpic, thats all.

[quote name='terribledeli']So has it been confirmed there's no free gamerpic? I know I got one for beta testing BugBash.[/quote]

Confirmed, no free gamerpic. I've had it since Friday.

bread's done
Back