Act of War: Direct Action - worth $20?

G33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I was thinking about picking this game up for $20, and was wondering if it was worth the price, either as a good, generic RTS, or as something unique. Here's a few of the RTS games I've played, and enjoyed:

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2
Earth 2150
Homeworld GOTY & 2
Rise of Nations
Starcraft
Total Annihilation
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos

So, should I get it?

Thanks in advance.

I picked it up for $20 and don't regret it. It's a good, generic RTS, and the graphics are really nice. If you had C&C: Generals on your list, there'd be no question, but I'll still recommend it.

Haven't really played C&C Generals yet, though I've seen someone playing it. It looked interesting, and I know the deluxe version recently dropped to $20. Is that a better buy than Act of War, or should I pick up Act of War now, and get C&C later, since it will be easier to find?

edit: actually, as a fan of the RTS genre, I'll probably just get both. Thanks for reminding me :).

I'm not sure if this will impact your decision or not, but I just remembered Act of War has an expansion coming out at the end of the month:

Act of War: High Treason

There's even a link to a demo of it on that page. I haven't played the demo since I know I'll eventually pick it up anyway, but it might give you a good idea of Act of War's style of gameplay.

Should I try that demo, or the original one for Act of War: DA? Also, is High Treason a standalone expansion pack, or an add-on? From what I've read, it needs the original game, but I was just wondering if I was wrong.

I think either demo should give you an idea if you'll like the game or not, and yeah, you'll need the original game to play High Treason.

bread's done
Back