Action Replay Max Glitch or what----HELP!!

cruzincontrol

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (86%)
Hey fellow CAGers,
I just recently acquired Action Replay Max for PS2 (Blue Box says over 30,000 cheat codes). More specifically AR Max PS2: DUS0051. Also supposedly enables region free DVD movie player. I just tried to put it in several times (with their AR Max memory card in the slot) and my PS2 (the slim version) doesn't even recognize the disc. I get that message that says "Please put a disc of Playstation or Playstation 2 format" or whatever the hell that message is. What's up with this? Do I have a bum copy and should I get my money back? Is it b/c I have the slim PS2 version and maybe since the copyright year on the disc says 2003 that this is bunk? Also the disc color on the bottom is blue, does that mean anything? Seems any accessories/devices for PS2 I get is so damn defective.....Anything better out there?...Trouble-free game enhancing my a$$!!.....Appreciate any advise.

You might have too old of an AR there. What's the copyright on the back of the box? The latest AR version comes with their new 16MB Max Memory card with a 2005 copyright. The 2004 package came with a 16MB USB flash drive. The 2002 and 2003 versions came with a crappier memory card or dongle that required you to boot the AR disc first as the card could not be accessed from the PS2 Browser.

Easy way for you to check the version of your AR, look at the bottom of the disc and you can read some text in the reflective layer of the disc around the hub. Latest version that I am aware of is 3.34.

The copyright on the back of the box is 2003. It includes that crappy Memory Card. On the disc it says US English V 3.02. So what's that mean? Too old of a version? Has anyone else experienced problems like this as well?

WAY too old of a version. The 3.02 only supports up to the SCPH-39001. 3.10 and up was required for the SCPH-50001 and with the slimline SCPH-700xx, I think you need 3.30 or higher. On top of which those old memory cards of theirs from 2003 don't work on the slimline at all. Return it and get a current AR Max.

bread's done
Back