Activision giving away 500 demo kits of DJ Hero

My confirmation is nowhere to be found, and I'm just going to come to the conclusion that their stupid website screwed me over. I really wanted to test this game out...oh well.

So, the confirmation e-mail said that they're gonna mail it to me, but I had not given them an address (I've since added it to my profile on the site). I hope that is doesn't cause any problems. And of course, replying to their e-mail results in a failed delivery, and there is no support on the site. Ugh.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']My confirmation is nowhere to be found, and I'm just going to come to the conclusion that their stupid website screwed me over. I really wanted to test this game out...oh well.[/QUOTE]

If you actually just want to try the game, then just head to the nearest Best Buy. They all should still have it set up.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']My confirmation is nowhere to be found, and I'm just going to come to the conclusion that their stupid website screwed me over. I really wanted to test this game out...oh well.[/QUOTE]

I came to the same conclusion as well

I think it may have been an optional field. You can go to the site and log in and check if you have an address also.

[quote name='Sdawg']I think it may have been an optional field. You can go to the site and log in and check if you have an address also.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can find like that is my public profile, which I doubt they would use for shipping info.

Sweetness, I can't believe I got one! Props to OP for informing me about this contest, and sorry to everyone who couldn't enter because that site is so broken (I had to create 3 accounts just to enter correctly).

I had an email in my junkmail folder saying i'd won one-- went to the site and just like several had said, I didn't have my postal address in there under my account.. submitted it and we'll see what happens..

The email is from "[email protected]" so I went to "lagraphic.com" and called their contact info at 1-818-295-6100. I then told them I was calling regarding the D.J. Hero Trial Kit Contest, so they transferred me to Marketing. I told the guy from Marketing the situation of Activision not having my address at the time of registering for the contest and there fore my concern about shipping, and he said that I was not the first person to call in with this problem. He took my name and number and said that he'd be contacting a representative from Activision and getting back in touch with me. We'll see what happens. I'll post if I hear back.

Nothing for me, but I scored big on some other stuff lately. If I sold one of the keyboards sets I got I could buy DJ Hero lol.

got my email last night and it arrived today. that was fast.

djhero.jpg

who was it delivered by?

Also does anyone know if you're able to buy a game only copy of DJ hero? And would that work with this? TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i guess i aint getting anything either, oh well, was worth a shot i guess. i just played the game anyways, had it sitting around for a couple weeks but done with all homework now so can crack it open. fun, hard. im not coordinated i guess.

[quote name='Brother Daz']who was it delivered by?
[/QUOTE]

UPS 3 Day shipping. It shipped from LA Graphico in Burbank, CA.. which is like 20 mins away from where I live.

[quote name='abducted vision']UPS 3 Day shipping. It shipped from LA Graphico in Burbank, CA.. which is like 20 mins away from where I live.[/QUOTE]Thanks!

No win for me, but it is nice to see so many CAGs win them.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was 360 only, so if any of you PS3ers won one, and don't need it let me know :p

[quote name='weaselbelly']The email is from "[email protected]" so I went to "lagraphic.com" and called their contact info at 1-818-295-6100. I then told them I was calling regarding the D.J. Hero Trial Kit Contest, so they transferred me to Marketing. I told the guy from Marketing the situation of Activision not having my address at the time of registering for the contest and there fore my concern about shipping, and he said that I was not the first person to call in with this problem. He took my name and number and said that he'd be contacting a representative from Activision and getting back in touch with me. We'll see what happens. I'll post if I hear back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the number, entered the wrong mailing address and called so I can try to get it straightened out.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Obligatory and slightly bitter "I never win any of this shit" post.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']I also won. I'm shocked by the number of people that won on CAG.

Too bad I don't have a 360...[/QUOTE]

I'll be more than willing to play it for you when you forward it to me :D

I got a call back tonight, from a guy in their Printing department (I assume this is also their shipping department). He told me the DJ Hero Demo packages had already shipped and I should expect it on Monday, December 21st. I asked him how it could have shipped to me when they didn't have my address, and he said, "uh, yeah, that's a good point." So then he asked me my name and email address and looked me up on what seemed to be a list of contest winners. He then asked me for my address and said that he'll make sure that the onw assigned to me is sent out to my correct address and that I should still receive it by Monday, December 21st.

The solution surprised me since he said they'd already been shipped, so my guess is that they simply shipped the ones they had addresses for and the other ones are just sitting in the corner of a warehouse on a pallet. I'm also surprised he said i'd still get it on Monday.

Everyone be sure to check your Junk Mail/Spam folders. I didn't think I won either until I checked mine and saw that I've gotten a confirmation email 2 days ago.

Can't even make an account to reg. just keeps saying enter a user name over and over again even though I have on there....

weaselbelly, thanks for pulling up that info. I don't remember giving them my address, either, so if I don't get a kit by the middle of next week, I might give them a call.

[quote name='weaselbelly']Thanks BlueMarcell!

Note: You will need to register with Activision for the Sweepstakes.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I just saw that ... Then I proceeded to click the close button in my browser. Thanks for the heads up, but no thanks... I really don't want that crap laying around just to play a "demo".

bread's done
Back