Adaptec Gamebridge AVC-1400

Omnislash124

CAGiversary!
Does anybody know where I could find one of these for cheap? I really don't want to pay more than $25 for one. I've looked around, and most places that have it at a good price are sold out. The cheapest I've seen is $50.

This thread seems to have dropped off the more significant pages, so I'll bump it once.

Looking for a Adaptec Gamebridge, either 1400 or 1410, for under $50 - 60 if possible.

I remember when Fry's sold these for $3. Adaptec sucks for discontinuing this product.

[quote name='C_A']I remember when Fry's sold these for $3. Adaptec sucks for discontinuing this product.[/quote]

Yeah, which was why I was hoping to score one of these for relatively cheap, but that doesn't seem likely. Alas, I live on the East Coast, so I wouldn't have known about Fry's.

That thing is worth money now? Hot damn. And it's just sitting around doing nothing. I haven't been using it since I got Vista. But in all honesty, it doesn't work with everything. I had trouble using my X'eye on it.

[quote name='Paco']That thing is worth money now? Hot damn. And it's just sitting around doing nothing. I haven't been using it since I got Vista. But in all honesty, it doesn't work with everything. I had trouble using my X'eye on it.[/quote]

That may be true, but I really only need to do the most basic gaming on it, nothing fancy.

Oh, and devildr1ver, that sounds good. I PM'ed you already, so we can discuss some more there to avoid cluttering up the boards.

Every time these threads show up I kick myself for only buying one when Woot kept having them.

And, before anyone asks, I don't have one to sell.

[quote name='mguiddy']Every time these threads show up I kick myself for only buying one when Woot kept having them.

And, before anyone asks, I don't have one to sell.[/quote]

Me too. if I knew these would be worth something, I would have picked more up. Fry's had em for like six bucks? But at least I got use out of it. We killed a dreamcast from overuse because of this baby.

[quote name='ninja dog']who would've guessed this thing would be worth money?

i think I threw mine away :lol:[/quote]
I think you used the wrong smiley. :cry:

shit, I just put mine up yesterday. Its used, BUT it's already at 37 dollars. HOT DAMN. Now I feel stupid for only buying one when they were six a piece.

Yeah, so I ended up getting another USB Video Adapter by the name of EasyCap. $16 on amazon, and it works great for me. Well, the quality isn't great, but I suspect that's because I'm using composite cables displaying on a screen, which if I'm not mistaken, is attempting to display 640x480 on a screen made for 1680x1050 (my 22" widescreen). No lag, capture works great.

I made some test runs that I've uploaded on Youtube if you were curious. I want to thank Paco for his help with information about these USB adapters.

Atelier Iris Test Run

Super Smash Bros Brawl Test Run

[quote name='Gombay']So, I assume you're not looking for one anymore? I'm selling mine for $35 shipped.[/quote]

Yeah, I think I'll stick with this. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Wow, thanks for mentioning the EasyCap. I may have better luck gettin that (my Fry's didn't have it). Anyone remember what department in Fry's they were in? Also, any feedback on the EasyCap (I just did a quick google search and not much came up in regards to lag/issues when using it for gaming on a monitor).

Thanks!

I am looking for a Adaptec Gamebridge too, but couldn't find one anywhere beside ebay and I don't like doing my business on ebay =p just me. And I've been thinking about the easy cap because it is very cheap on DX. I would like some more info on it too. Does it has a little delay while you're playing? Like if you press something it goes a bit slower on the screen? I'll only use this to play my Wii/360 on my laptop at work. And honestly I don't care much about quality issue, as long as it playable (not like I'm expecting Hi-Def out of playing through composite =p). But yeah OP please try playing your wii with it and let us know how it goes. Thanks you!

I wish I knew about this years ago. I bought a TV Capture card, new sound card, several different items to get it to work. And now an EASY CAP?!?!? Awesome. Simply.

Anything on Ebay that's a USB capture card will work. They're as cheap as 15-20 bucks.

so hmm will either easycap or gamebridge work with Xbox 360 NTSC-U console? I've read around and people saying it can only display xbox in pal 50hz? or NTSC black and white?

[quote name='luan87us']so hmm will either easycap or gamebridge work with Xbox 360 NTSC-U console? I've read around and people saying it can only display xbox in pal 50hz? or NTSC black and white?[/quote]

My youtube videos say otherwise... I use NTSC w/the standard S-Video cables for every system I own that has em available with the GameBridge adapter I have.

[quote name='luan87us']so hmm will either easycap or gamebridge work with Xbox 360 NTSC-U console? I've read around and people saying it can only display xbox in pal 50hz? or NTSC black and white?[/quote]

I'm not sure why they would even say that. Your standard LCD can display pretty much all frequencies. I don't know where they got the impression that these capture devices had a problem with capturing different sources.

bread's done
Back