Addicted-Gamers.com Xenoblade Chronicles Review

mike.m

CAGiversary!
Feedback
103 (100%)
xenoblade_coverart-212x300.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles is Monolith Soft’s shining swansong role-playing game that proves it is still possible to make a traditional RPG with a back to roots approach yet still able to deliver on the ideals of the genre; a compelling, grandiose story, likable characters, the lost art of exploration, and familiar but refined gameplay. Xenoblade Chronicles does not break the mold nor does it reinvent the endangered genre of the Japanese RPG (JRPG). It takes that mold and crafts something that has rarely been seen in this current generation of video gaming, one of the finest RPG experiences on the Wii or any console this generation.

By now, many Nintendo and RPG fans know that Nintendo of America has made it clear that Xenoblade Chronicles will not come to North America (along with The Last Story and Pandora’s Tower.) It is almost criminal that this game won’t see the light of day in North America without being imported or obtained via other shadowy means. But, as a person who understands running a business, I can’t entirely blame NOA for their decision. Yes, it is completely translated in English (and various other languages.) There is a cost in publishing and marketing and I get those concerns but NOA should’ve done the right thing. I say should’ve because it might be too late as anyone who is diehard enough would’ve imported the game by now. What a shame because I’m about to tell you why Xenoblade Chronicles is an all-time great at the end of the Wii’s lifecycle that is worth the two or three week wait to come in the mail.

Read the rest at Addicted-Gamers.com

bread's done
Back