Addicted to downloadable full games.

Kendro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
I love having access to all of my apps and games at all times on my iPhone (unlike a DS where you have to carry around cartridges).

I plan on getting the 250GB Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle with a downloadable copy of Halo: Reach. Besides Alan Wake, are there any other games that come with downloadable cards or codes? I love the idea of not having to get up and switch discs whenever I am in the mood for something.

Obviously I would never do this for newly released games like MW3 and BF3 since I like to trade them. But this is perfect for older timeless games that are cheap like Halo and Alan Wake.

Anyone prefer downloadable versions for older classics? Is there a full listing somewhere of games that come on cards so I can buy off eBay?

I love download games. So convenient, and they're right at your fingertips! And you seldom have to wait for load times or installs like you do with discs! I especially like them on the 3DS and the 360!

The $5-10 downloadable titles from PSN I like. But when the price ventures above $10-15, then to me I'd prefer if the game were on a physical disc so at least if I get bored of it I can resell it. I just cannot see how people are willing to pay MSRP(sometimes up to $59.99) for a title they have no way of reselling if they get tired of it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The $5-10 downloadable titles from PSN I like. But when the price ventures above $10-15, then to me I'd prefer if the game were on a physical disc so at least if I get bored of it I can resell it. I just cannot see how people are willing to pay MSRP(sometimes up to $59.99) for a title they have no way of reselling if they get tired of it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%.

I can't hardly ever make myself pay more than $10 for something downloadable, though there are a few exceptions. As far as full retail games like that, I can see the convenience, but I'll never do it as long as I don't have to. I'd much prefer the physical copy, and 90% of the time it's actually cheaper to avoid the digital route altogether unless you're using a PC(something I don't do) and purchasing through something like Steam. So yeah, I know digital needs to exist for those smaller studios and the smaller ideas that bigger Devs may have, but you can mark me down to always be against it when it comes to actual retail titles.

I wish I could think like this. However, there are games out there that I would already own if they weren't only downloadble. There's just something about holding a game, looking at them on the shelf, and flipping through the manuals...

[quote name='Dominick331']I wish I could think like this. However, there are games out there that I would already own if they weren't only downloadble. There's just something about holding a game, looking at them on the shelf, and flipping through the manuals...[/QUOTE]
Some games that were download only in the U.S. have come out on physical format overseas.

Check out sites such as Zavvi.com and PlayAsia and search around. You may be able to find the ones you're looking for.

i have a few ps3 games on my harddrive and it is conveinent. burnout paradise and midnight club complete and with dcuo being dlable its easy nice to be able to just select them and play instead of needing to change disks. it probably wont happen but itd be cool if new games came with a dl code or something that allows you the ability to dl them to your harddrive.

bread's done
Back