Adventure Games!

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!
Thinking about picking up the Back to the Future games tonight. Sam and Max is on sale for .99 but they have released any other episodes. What are some of your recommendations for adventure games?

Head to gog.com and pick up:

The Longest Journey
Broken Sword series
Gabriel Knight series
Sanitarium

Those are the best adventure games ever, I'd say, and they're nice and cheap.

[quote name='mkelehan']Head to gog.com and pick up:

The Longest Journey
Broken Sword series
Gabriel Knight series
Sanitarium

Those are the best adventure games ever, I'd say, and they're nice and cheap.[/QUOTE]

Well I was mainly talking about for the iPad since this is the Apple iOS forum. Broken sword is available though and I have been thinking about getting that one. I agree Gabriel Knight games were really good. I played them when they came out many years ago.

I would think about passing on Back to the Future and pick up a Monkey Island game instead. I had high hopes for BTTF but it seems to be crap according to reviews.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']Well I was mainly talking about for the iPad since this is the Apple iOS forum. [/QUOTE]

Oh, my mistake. It seems that the iOS forum was added to my tracked forums by accident.

If you have a PC, though... check those out.

Hector: Badge of Carnage is the best adventure game on iOS, period. You need it if you're any sort of adventure fan.

Scarlett and the Spark of Life: Episode 1 is a hilarious, Monkey Island-style adventure, but only a couple hours long. Still, it's only two bucks last time I checked.

City of Secrets is apparently really good, but I haven't tried it yet.

Return to Mysterious Island and its sequel are good if you're looking for something more serious.

Papa Sangre may not be exactly what you're thinking of when you think of "adventure games," but it's one of the most intriguing adventure games I've ever played, period.

Ace Attorney, a port of the DS game, is worthwhile if you've never played it.

[quote name='Citizen GKar']Hector: Badge of Carnage is the best adventure game on iOS, period. You need it if you're any sort of adventure fan.

Scarlett and the Spark of Life: Episode 1 is a hilarious, Monkey Island-style adventure, but only a couple hours long. Still, it's only two bucks last time I checked.

City of Secrets is apparently really good, but I haven't tried it yet.

Return to Mysterious Island and its sequel are good if you're looking for something more serious.

Papa Sangre may not be exactly what you're thinking of when you think of "adventure games," but it's one of the most intriguing adventure games I've ever played, period.

Ace Attorney, a port of the DS game, is worthwhile if you've never played it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Added several to my wishlist.

bread's done
Back