Advice from those who have second jobs PT

howlinmad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys, those of you who have second jobs, where do you go to work after work?
I have a regular 8-5 full time IT job, and looking for something extra to help pay the bills. "Computer boy" pay just isn't cutting it.

Gamestores?
Retail chains?

I know I will lose alot of family time/free time, but I want to be able to see them sometime. Any places that work well with you on second job schedules? Somewhere that you aren't doing worse than finding the random deal and throwing it on ebay would be nice.

I work at a bank in the daytime after school and work a graveyard shift at a hotel. I dunno if you'll want to do retail, it's not the most exciting job in the world and the customers for the most part are rude. Try looking into hotels and stuff for midnight shifts, although retailing is pretty much the only job that is open on the weekend.

Personlly with your 'experience' I would suggest Best Buy.

Us CAG's might hate the store but they pay pretty well for the retail industry. Also they can make pretty good bonuses if you get in the right positions. My wife went there for a temp job while we moved in 2003. She started at $8 and in two months she was making over $12 an hour. Given she had retail experience but you have the computer experience.

Just a suggestion

Or, you could look for a PT data entry type job. There's usually some available nighttime positions. Plus, it should pay more than any retail job... and you likely won't have to deal with annoying customers.

If you have a car I would suggest Pizza Delivery. I would always have regular full time job and would deliver pizza's one or two nights a week and than every other Saturday and Sunday afternoon, and had so much extra spending money it was great. I would make an extra $80.00 to $100.00 the two nights I worked just in tips plus almost the same the weekends I would work. If you have a decent college football team plus an NFL team the weekends are great to work during football seasons. I would clear just in tips $150.00 to $200.00 total, working the 11-7 shifts, on Saturdays and Sundays at Pizza Hut when I worked there.

If you live near a university, you might want to check there. Actually, any college school usually has flexible hours & depending on the position, you might be able to work towards a full-time position, if that's what you want. Once you get FT at a mojr school, it's Home Sweet Home with usually good pay! Either way, college is the way to go (not to mention all the HOT college girls (or boys....whatever))!

bread's done
Back