Advice Needed On A Purchase

toocool17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
I need some advice on a purchase I made. Here is the story, I am not going to disclose the company names. First off in the end of May I bought a machine for $3,000 from a distributor (Company a) located in the USA, and the manufactor (Company b) is in Canada. The manufactor had a 30 day money back guarantee on the machine. I used the machine for a week or two and sent it back because it was having some problems. So I shipped it back to the manufactor in June. Now here is the problem, I paid Company A with paypal and they losted around $100 in fees. And Since the end of June Company A has been fighting with the manufactor to reinburse them the $100 loss. They have been fighting over this for about 3 months now. I have called Company A several times and told them I want my money and I dont care about the $100 loss. I don't know what to do. I have called Company A numerous times and here are a few of the responses: the owner is out of town and he signs the check, we are still working on getting your money back, we will call you back. And then no one ever calls me back, so I have to call them a few days later to remind them and they just keep saying there working on it. I am 19 years old and a college student, so I don't know what really I should do. Should I talk to the BBB, or call the company and tell them if I don't have the money by XX days then I will file a suit, to scare them? I can't get money back from paypal since it was a long time ago. I do believe the company has the money but knowing them they are racking up on the interest. Any advice would be great, im not sure what I should do, I really need the money for school and trying to get a new car soon.

I'd call the BBB and see what they said about it. They may look into it or atleast let you know about how many days you should have to wait for a result. Just my 2 cents

anyone else have any insight? I just called up company a and they said the owner is still working with the manufactor and they dont even know who is gonna give me my refund. Has anyone ever used the BBB, im not sure how that works. Thanks

[quote name='beane316']I'd call the BBB and see what they said about it. They may look into it or atleast let you know about how many days you should have to wait for a result. Just my 2 cents[/quote]

I would say the same. You can call the BBB and file a claim with them and they can get involved in the it. You can also find out the companys track record from the BBB, to see if the company is known for lossing money or isn't a reliable company to purchase from.

bread's done
Back