Advice on a possible used PSP deal please

Lokki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I'm kind of in the market for a PSP. There are several games on the PSP that I'd like to play, but I'm just not sure how much use the system will actually get. I'm sure that my 8 year old son would use it though.

Anyway, I can't decide if I should go with a used one or gram a new one since they've had the price drop. I found a used 1001 model on craigslist for $40.

I have an original black psp for sale, it is in good condition and works great

No other info than that. It has been reposted several times over the last few weeks. It seems like a decent deal, but are there any issues with the 1001 that I should be on the lookout for if I decide to buy it?

Thanks

make sure it starts up. and put a umd in it. look for dead pixels when you go pick it up.

$40 is a good price make sure it comes with the charger.
if not have the guy knock the price down a bit for ya.
i just got a few psp's off craigslist for a good price, they are kinda beat but work quite well.
and of coure if this person rubs you the wrong way dont go thru with it. go with your gut :)

good luck

as much as I hate gamestop they usually have a decent selection of PSPs, enough that you can find one with a clean screen. beyond that theres always the Amazon Marketplace

Im not 100% on the prices nowadays but 40 isnt bad, but the 1001 is pretty big. I have the slim (2000) and my friend has the fat (1000) and you would be surprised how much the smaller size make a difference in comfort. That being said, I dont think functionality should change at all either way (except for hacking but thats a whole other thing).

not to hijack the thread but i did have a related question about battery life. I actually bought mine new around Xmas (god of war one) and notice the battery life sucks. Is that normal? It gives me about 4 hours max when playing with a full charge, and if i leave it sitting for a week or two without using it then go to play it it will have lost a LOT of its charge. Like 30-50% it seems

Is that normal or do i have a screwed up battery? It was just something i found odd.. not really something the OP can check on the spot though it would require a bit of use.

yuck.. the peacewalker bundle was one of the ugliest colors to come out in a while. Im suprised they didn't go with a cool camo green instead of that minty jolly ranger color. Still 150 bucks is a decent price for the bundle i guess. Im actually waiting for the core system to go below 130 and then i think i'll pick up a backup system.. or if one of the bundles gets cheap i may get those

Well I guess it finally sold. The listing is no longer on Craigslist. Oh well. I'll keep an eye out for a deal. THanks again all.

[quote name='Kenshindono']not to hijack the thread but i did have a related question about battery life. I actually bought mine new around Xmas (god of war one) and notice the battery life sucks. Is that normal? It gives me about 4 hours max when playing with a full charge, and if i leave it sitting for a week or two without using it then go to play it it will have lost a LOT of its charge. Like 30-50% it seems

Is that normal or do i have a screwed up battery? It was just something i found odd.. not really something the OP can check on the spot though it would require a bit of use.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's normal and it sucks. I don't mind the 4-5 hour playtime but the discharge rate of the battery when it's not used is ridiculous.

I really hope Sony doesn't skimp on the NGP's battery.

IMO the PSP Fatty 1001 is the only way to go. The UMD slot actually has a back door with a locking mechanism, and the joystick pops off. Sucks if you lose it, but awesome to replace it. I used to have a 1001 and used a 3rd party joystick and since then I've owned 2 psp "slims" and hated the built in joystick that can't be easily replaced.

bread's done
Back