Advice on Arcade Stick for Fighting

escoe

CAG Veteran
I am looking to get a high quality fight stick for my xbox 360 for games like tekken tag 2 DOA 5 and Persona 4 Arena. I am Considering the Hori Soul Calibur 5 stick or the Tekken Tag 2 Hori stick, they look very similar to me, and although I like the tekken art better the price on the SC5 stick is about $50 less. Any recommendations or advice for other sticks.

They have the same layout and same parts, so the only thing you'd be paying extra for is the looks.

There aren't that many substantial differences between any of the high-end ($100+) sticks - regardless of brand, they'll probably be using the same Japanese buttons/joystick. The only major outlier is that Qanba/eightarc sell sticks that are dualmodded, or compatible with 360 and PS3, out of the box.

If you want the best quality fightstick make sure that it has sanwa or seimitsu buttons/joystick.

Other than that everything else is fluff or for your personal style. Some sticks have extra features but the most important thing on a fightstick in my opinion is the buttons and the stick.

bread's done
Back