Advice On Best Cellphones/Providers?

Raikoh

CAGiversary!
I'm with Verizon right now, and I'm looking to switch, their service is unsatisfactory and their phones are all nerfed, in my opinion.

What would be a good provider, and a good cell phone to get that has a lot of functionality? (But hopefully not over $200)

Anyone have any good advice on Cingular (AT & T)? That's what I'm leaning towards.

I'd appreciate any help!

It's all about Sprint's SERO (Sprint Employee Referral Offer) plan, google it.

You can also get a $25 referral Visa gift card if you say someone referred you.

Where do you live that the verizon service is poor? They have the best network, all I can say is just sign up for one and try it out and return it before the 15 days if it doesn't meet your needs.

[quote name='Thongsy']Where do you live that the verizon service is poor? They have the best network, all I can say is just sign up for one and try it out and return it before the 15 days if it doesn't meet your needs.[/QUOTE]

The stability itself is fine, but the features on most of their phones are severely lacking. Customizing your cell phone isn't very possible, you cannot receive games or ringtones aside from their own lackluster service, the amount of characters you can send in a text message is poor, etc.

The best customer service and phone line quality is Verizon. Cingular is trash. (not my opinion, but Consumer Reports and just about every poll that measures customers' satisfaction with their provider.)

It sounds like what you want is a flashy phone for everything but making calls. I can't help you there. I use t-mobile (very happy with their line quality, coverage and CS) for calls (rare, I don't like talking on phone, but no matter where I am around here and when I travel through the country I never have problems) and TMs (lotsa those).

But before you consider switching plans or providers, I'd suggest stopping in a Verizon shop, showing them the phone you have, and tell them what you want in a phone and ask if they have a phone that has those options. I'm sure they'll help you out... I can't imagine a huge provider like Verizon not having a phone/plan with the features you want.

[quote name='guinaevere']The best customer service and phone line quality is Verizon. Cingular is trash. (not my opinion, but Consumer Reports and just about every poll that measures customers' satisfaction with their provider.)

It sounds like what you want is a flashy phone for everything but making calls. I can't help you there. I use t-mobile (very happy with their line quality, coverage and CS) for calls (rare, I don't like talking on phone, but no matter where I am around here and when I travel through the country I never have problems) and TMs (lotsa those).[/quote]

But before you consider switching plans or providers, I'd suggest stopping in a Verizon shop, showing them the phone you have, and tell them what you want in a phone and ask if they have a phone that has those options. I'm sure they'll help you out... I can't imagine a huge provider like Verizon not having a phone/plan with the features you want.

Anyway, don't you get a new free phone after 2 years of using Verizon? I would check on that.

I use Verizon and will be getting a new phone next month :D.

No matter what new phone he gets from Verizon, they're all crippled. Unless he hacks it himself. I love the Verizon service, like their phone styles, but they always disable everything, OBEX, doesn't allow uploading your own ringtones and wallpaper and such. They want you to buy everything from their Get It Now store at inflated costs.

If you have Alltel in your area, I would suggest you try out their phones, since you wouldn't be losing any coverage since them and Verizon use each other's network and they don't cripple their phones like Verizon. I don't know how Nextel or T-Mobile compare, but those might be good options, though do stay away from AT&T as they do tend to have horrible service, unless you try them out a lot in those first 15 days and have others who know the service is good where you live.

Some of the newer phones from verizon aren't crippled. I just got the Env and i can do bluetooth data transfers and everything from my computer, but not Phone to Phone.

[quote name='suko_32']This all highly depends on your area.[/quote]

QFT. Just remember Moto phone + Motorola Phone tools = your best friend

bread's done
Back