Advice Please..

Averse Paradigm

CAGiversary!
As of late, I'm all about online gaming. Well my Gamecube doesn't give me too much of that. :drool: Is it worth selling my GC to buy an original Xbox? The only real reason I have it is for the GOTY, Resident Evil 4..but I can get that on the PS2..there are also loads of Xbox games at TRU for $9.98 right now. let me know guys. Thanks!

[quote name='Averse Paradigm']As of late, I'm all about online gaming. Well my Gamecube doesn't give me too much of that. :drool: Is it worth selling my GC to buy an original Xbox? The only real reason I have it is for the GOTY, Resident Evil 4..but I can get that on the PS2..there are also loads of Xbox games at TRU for $9.98 right now. let me know guys. Thanks![/QUOTE]

yes sell...personally, i'd get an original xbox at bestbuy with the product replacment plan. when you're ready to upgrade to a 360 (within 2 years), send your xbox in and get bestbuy credit to apply towards you 360.

and yes...it is worth selling your GC. Halo2 alone will keep you busy online not to mention all the other LIVE games.

Normally, I would never encourage anyone to get rid of their Cube, but in your case, maybe it's the best thing you can do. We're not far from the Revolution being released, so there probably aren't going to be too many must have games released between now and then.

I'm just not sure how much money a used Gamecube will bring these days. If they're not going to give you much for it, I'd hang on to it. If you can get what you feel is fair though, I'd do it in a heartbeat if I were you.

Since the MSRP of the 'Cube is $100 with a free game, I would hold on to it. You wouldn't get too much $$$ for it. And, since the 360 has been released, there will be fewer and fewer people playing regular Xbox games online.

Just keep your CUBE since its $25 trade in value... Never trade in your systems unless you want to lose your investment...

[quote name='rabbitt']Since the MSRP of the 'Cube is $100 with a free game, I would hold on to it. You wouldn't get too much $$$ for it. And, since the 360 has been released, there will be fewer and fewer people playing regular Xbox games online.[/QUOTE]

I think for the first 8 months or so you will be fine though. You still have 2 million people online out of 18 million consoles. lets say only half of the 360's sold. Then you have 1 million people on live playing xbox games. I guess in this case I will say sale the cube.

If you're keeping your Cube for 1 game, then there's no point if you're done with it. But as others have already said, you won't get much for it, probably $60 at the most if sell it on eBay. But the Cube is a heaven for cheap, quality titles.

But the safest online game is Halo 2 for the Xbox- since no 360 game has really broken 500K barrier yet and people can still play Halo 2 on their 360 (and yes, 360 Halo 2ers can play against Xbox Halo 2ers).

Online gaming on consoles is still a hit or miss. PC still rules IMO and console gamers how argue with that probably haven't gamed online on a PC all that much. But PC gaming is 5 times more expensive than console gaming.:razz:

bread's done
Back