Advice/Tips To Becoming a Bartender!

200STM

CAGiversary!
Hey there CAGs I am thinking of about trying to become a bartender! Any advice or tips into becoming one or how the job works in general? I am going to apply at a Que Pasa soon for that role. I know about the late nights, and the dealing with assholes, but any more advice will help thanks CAGs also are any of you bartenders?

I am a bartender....not at an actual "bar" but at LongHorn Steakhouse, I was a server for 3 years before I got to become a bartender. It is definitely decent money for working around 22 hours a week (41k.....in Alabama that really is pretty good), I know that being a bartender at very popular bars, clubs, etc you can just absolutely rake in the dough.

I just read over MULTIPLE recipe website (for making cocktails, margaritas, etc) , and eventually they just stuck with me.

I wished I could help more, but it really isnt too difficult. Just make sure you know your drinks and you are set.

1. Know your drinks (plenty off apps for that).
2. Be a good looking chick with a nice rack.
3. Flirt with the customers.
4. Dress like a whore.
5. Profit.

I'm a dude, thanks for the info. I have a friend who bartends she says she can get the okay from her manager that I can observe and help around (working for free but it helps getting experience).

Oh, you're a dude. I try to avoid dude bartenders.

Play up the Brony thing I guess, it's slightly less gay than being a dude bartender.

1. Know your drinks (plenty off apps for that).
2. Be a good looking chick with a nice rack.
3. Flirt with the customers.
4. Dress like a whore.
5. Profit.

Being a dude bartender doesn't prevent you from doing any of the above. Especially #'s 1-4.

I'm going to enjoy it alright, they say bar tending is like a new pair of underwear at first its constricted but it becomes a part of you.

Also say good bye to normal sleep schedules. Staying up till 5-7am on the weekends is going to be the norm.

Use to live with bartenders and the likes.

bread's done
Back