Advise for Final Fantasy XIII

arsenalcrazy8

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone I need help with a problem.

I have both 360 and PS3 and I know that technically the PS3 version of Final Fantasy XIII is better.

However, im currently in college and I have my 360 there along with all my multiplatform games. My Ps3 is currently back home. SOOO this means that If I buy Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 I can only play it on breaks and in the summer. I am a big FF fan, but does the "better" ps3 version merit me not playing it whenever I want? If I do get the inferior 360 version I can play it whenver i want but Im scared I wont get the full experience.

I just dont know what to do...helllpppp fellow CAGs please.

Ask yourself 3 questions...

1. Am I so lazy that getting a few times hours apart to switch discs is going to inconvenience me?

2. Do I have an HDTV/ is the fact that the 360 version will not be in 1080p bother me?

3. Do I have HD surround sound/ is the fact that the 360 version without HD sound going to bother me?

If you answered no to all 3 questions, go with the 360 version.

yeah id say play on 360 so u can play it whenever you want. i mean it looks and sounds a little better on ps3, and there isnt any disc swapping, but id rather deal with that then deal with the fact that i cant play it whenever i want

How is this even a question? Unless you're going home every weekend, get it on the xbox unless you plan on waiting till later to pick up FFXIII during the summer.

People who hate themselves would buy it for 360. So if you hate yourself, then thats the one to get. Otherwise, PS3. Remember, theres only one console where you can play a true HD version of final fantasy, and its not the 360.

[quote name='blitz6speed']People who hate themselves would buy it for 360. So if you hate yourself, then thats the one to get. Otherwise, PS3. Remember, theres only one console where you can play a true HD version of final fantasy, and its not the 360.[/QUOTE]

So many facepalms I have for this post. And that's only after reading the first line.

In all honesty, wait until to you can play it on PS3 since you have one. The game would ruin your studies anyway.

I just went through the same debate for myself and here is my conclusion...

Yes it's on one disc, yes it has better graphics, yes it has better sound....but is that really the reason you are buying an RPG? Story and gameplay will be the same...graphics will still look better than any Final Fantasy you've played previously so what's the big deal?

Experience of a game is different for each person so you have to decide what's best for you but that's my 2 cents.

[quote name='Weedy649']I just went through the same debate for myself and here is my conclusion...

Yes it's on one disc, yes it has better graphics, yes it has better sound....but is that really the reason you are buying an RPG? Story and gameplay will be the same...graphics will still look better than any Final Fantasy you've played previously so what's the big deal?
[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! The rest of this thread pretty much sounds like fanboys/graphics whores, not video game fans.

[quote name='opterasis']Ding ding ding, we have a winner! The rest of this thread pretty much sounds like fanboys/graphics whores, not video game fans.[/QUOTE]

Cry moar.

[quote name='opterasis']Ding ding ding, we have a winner! The rest of this thread pretty much sounds like fanboys/graphics whores, not video game fans.[/QUOTE]

um what? we're helping him be a CAG buy purchasing 1 copy, the technically superior PS3 version, and not two, when he is upset at how the 360 version looks in comparison. it has nothing to do with being a fanboy.

and as for graphics? well wow, why are console game systems evolving to have more graphical power? if one is superior to the other, why waste time getting the lesser one (this regarding FF13, while bayonetta would have been preferable on 360 apparently).

[quote name='Arakias']um what? we're helping him be a CAG buy purchasing 1 copy, the technically superior PS3 version, and not two, when he is upset at how the 360 version looks in comparison. it has nothing to do with being a fanboy.

and as for graphics? well wow, why are console game systems evolving to have more graphical power? if one is superior to the other, why waste time getting the lesser one (this regarding FF13, while bayonetta would have been preferable on 360 apparently).[/QUOTE]

And if you really are a fan of video games, why the hell would you wait until summer to play it?

Here's my guess. Since he's in college...IF he has an HDTV, it's most likely 720p and smaller than 32 inches. It might not be, but the average gamer in a college dorm doesn't have better than that. If that's true, he's not going to notice a damn bit of difference anyways, so everyone saying otherwise is just lying to themselves.

It's not as simple as "AMG YOUR AN IDIOT IF YOU GET IT FOR 360, PS3 IS A BAJILLION TIMES BETTER!!!11"

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about 360 culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like the PS3 where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over who owns a 360, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is 360 users, after reading about this inferior port, are not going to want to buy Square's games again. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire console's userbase with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and patch this game or you can kiss your fans goodbye.

Well whilst technically superior Arakias, OP did explain that he would be able to play it more on 360.

I've been playing it on my 360 for the past hour....graphics are beautiful on it. Maybe I'd notice the difference if i tossed in the ps3 version after but I have 0 complaints on graphics and sound. My one complaint is that the disc are stacked inside the case but I keep my game disc in a binder anyhow.

Thanks for the responses guys. I ended up getting it on 360 simply because I cant wait to play the game, and this is the easiest way for me to do it haha. I may regret it later because it is inferior, but for me, playing the game was the most important part. I may trade it later for the ps3 version after I finish it. Ill probably play it on both eventually. I cant believe the 360 box says 1080p though...what a blatant lie...

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I cant believe the 360 box says 1080p though...what a blatant lie...[/QUOTE]

that's how I feel about upscaling, but then I imagine the terror of having to explain upscaling to Joe Bestbuy. it's like trying to explain that google is on the internet to my parents. They think it's a separate program like AOL. So when I get them a new computer, I say "yes, it has the google." Just like upscaled games just say "yes, it'll display in 1080p" instead of "Game renders at blah blah blah, but is upscaled to work at 1920x1080"

[quote name='ninja dog']Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about 360 culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like the PS3 where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over who owns a 360, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is 360 users, after reading about this inferior port, are not going to want to buy Square's games again. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire console's userbase with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and patch this game or you can kiss your fans goodbye.[/QUOTE]

lulz

bread's done
Back