Afrika PS3 Walmart $29.99

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
It's $10 cheaper than on Amazon, and I know that this game is also annoyingly hard to find. I grabbed this one used from GameStop.com last year, but it even just a few months after it came out it took forever to track down a copy. Thought some of you might be interested in it, especially since it's $10 cheaper than the regular price. I'm not sure atm if this is also in store, but i've never actually seen a copy of this game in a walmart before.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Afrika-PS3-PlayStation-3/15105915

For those who would like some info on the game, I did a blog on it last year when I first started playing it: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=13856

Thanks for the tip. I've been half looking for this game for a while. Definitely not an easy one to spot. Reminds me of my quest to find Nightcaster II way back when.

I'm really interested in trying this out, but $30?? I feel like this game should be $7 at the bottom of a bargain bin somewhere by now.

[quote name='Grinchy']I'm really interested in trying this out, but $30?? I feel like this game should be $7 at the bottom of a bargain bin somewhere by now.[/QUOTE]

What makes you think that? Honestly this game is really really good. Niche, yes, but that doesnt mean its an old madden game.

$20 too much. The copy I got maybe a few years back was that price and I was unable to play it. It crashed every single time I tried playing it!

[quote name='Drclaw411']It's $10 cheaper than on Amazon, and I know that this game is also annoyingly hard to find. I grabbed this one used from GameStop.com last year, but it even just a few months after it came out it took forever to track down a copy. Thought some of you might be interested in it, especially since it's $10 cheaper than the regular price. I'm not sure atm if this is also in store, but i've never actually seen a copy of this game in a walmart before.
my gamestop has 2 used for 22.99. couple that with poweruprewards coupon of 5.00 off or b2g1 free coupon and you get what its really worth. fun game though.

I bought this from GameStop around 10 months ago at the same price. I'm sure some GameStops still carry them if you look for it but I guess now you don't have to look for it.

I bought the Korean version (English text, yay!) back before its US release, and I'd say that the game is worth $30. It's like Pokemon Snap, but with real animals, spiffy cameras, etc. If you like watching things like Planet Earth or Life, you'll like this game.

Of course, if you'd rather shoot things in Africa, namely people, I would instead suggest Far Cry 2. It's a big beautiful game world where the animals roam free and everyone speaks in really fast run-on sentences.

Reported to Amazon. Hopefully they are compelled to price-match.

$20 too much. The copy I got maybe a few years back was that price and I was unable to play it. It crashed every single time I tried playing it!
Sounds like an isolated problem with your copy...bad luck.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems like Amazon itself is out of stock.

Does the US version have trophies? I remember reading that it doesn't (or was that for the Asian version?). I know I went with Aquanaut's Holiday rather than Afrika (or was it something Hakuna Matata?)

[quote name='Serpentor']Does the US version have trophies? I remember reading that it doesn't (or was that for the Asian version?). I know I went with Aquanaut's Holiday rather than Afrika (or was it something Hakuna Matata?)[/QUOTE]

The Asian versions do not have trophies (My version of Hakuna Matata does not). I'm pretty sure the US version was released after the cutoff point in the US where all future titles were required to have trophies, though.

[quote name='Serpentor']Does the US version have trophies? I remember reading that it doesn't (or was that for the Asian version?). I know I went with Aquanaut's Holiday rather than Afrika (or was it something Hakuna Matata?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it has trophies.

If you play a lot of games its certainly a big and interesting change. I put about 15 hours into it and I love to platinum it but it does have a slow plodding pace.

It also has some bad load times and poor design. If you read the IGN review you can get an idea of how ts bad as a "product".

It does what its set out to do though which is drive an interest and appreciation for wildlife. It has one of the best scores of any outdoor game and beautiful animal models that have a lot of personality.

If you put a premium on new experiences though the game is great, even for 30 bucks.

Buy.com has a few up on ebay for $29.99 shipped as well - that's where I grabbed one. I watched it go out of stock at Amazon and decided to grab one before HitmanGaming does his thing. :lol:

bread's done
Back