After buying a ps2, what would you immediately recomend?

Sn0brawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I intend to buy a ps2 in the following days/weeks. What should I get with it, or soon after I buy it. Any reccomendations would be appriciated.

Depends one what you like, I think theres a good helping of what ever you could possibly want in every catagory.

But my first suggestion that jumps to mine is SSX3 just because the original SSX was my first game... that and DOA 2, but I think SSX3 is a bit more fulfilling.

oh and dont forget a memory card.

Wipeout:Fusion.... and the good point is that it can be had very cheap. I still stand by that this is THE game to own for the system.

And if you're on the SSX front, I'd actually go with Tricky, it's my favorite from the series, but then, I'm just rambling.

I would get either FF X or maybe the GTA double pack. Both games will keep you busy for a long while. And yeah it pretty much depends on what you like.

Devil May Cry was my first game, bought it with my PS2. I really enjoyed it. IMO it was a great way to be "welcomed" to the PS2, and still remains a favorite. Just stay away from DMC2 :)

Ratchet & Clank. It's a high quality, classy game. My normal preference is RPGs, but this is the first game I've played to completion on my PS2.

You definatelly need a memory card and if you have friends a second controller. I suggest you get kingdom hearts since a sequel is on the way. Soul Calibur 2 should last you a while and if you like rpgs Disgaea is a fun game. Seems kiddy to people at first but its pretty dark and funny. Never had a game make me laugh before . it'll last you quite sometime its like ff tactics but with a deeper battle system and an easier to understand story.

Get a good quality power surge protector strip. One with a rj-11(phone) jack is a must. You don't want any random power surges frying your ps2 or network connector. Costco has a 3200 Joule power strip for $20. I don't think the $100 Monster ones are worth the extra cost since any good product has a $10,000 product guarantee.

Your timing is perfect to pick up R-Type final (if you like shooters). I'd also consider Contra: Shattered Soldier, GTA double pack (if you don't own it for another system yet), Rygar, Activision Anthology, Prince of Persia, Baldur's Gate (1, not 2) and Ico. All can be found for pretty reasonable prices, except maybe PoP (but you can still get that with Splinter Cell free, I think).

Hot Shots Golf 3 is definately worth the $20 (new) you would pay for it. I also enjoyed Xenosaga (if you like RPG's) and Max Payne (if you don't have it on the computer).

[quote name='TiKi2']Get the ps2 with the Network Adapter and try out socom[/quote]

that's my vote too, except make sure its Socom II.. but really, we have to know what type of games you like in order to make feasible suggestions.

Since we don't know what game genres you prefer, here is the best of everything:

RPG: Final Fantasy X
Action: Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Racing: Need for Speed Underground
Fighting: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Strategy: Disgaea
Action/Sports: Tony Hawk's Underground

I would say the very first game to get is Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec. At the $19.99 Greatest Hits price, you really can't go wrong. When I got my PS2 a couple years ago, GT3 came with the system as a "special edition" package. It's probably one of the best games to be packed in with the system, because the game had so much depth, gameplay and many lost hours poured into it.

Some other games I would suggest are: Amplitude, Silent Hill 2 and 3 (you might want to pick up the first one if you haven't played it, and tackle that before 2 and 3 to really understand the story and referrences), Ace Combat 04, Virtua Fighter Evolution, Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 (I really like it, I'm not sure how other people like it's design), and SSX 3 (I have the GC version, and it's fantastic). I haven't been playing my PS2 as much as my GC (despite having it longer), so I'm still looking around for games that would interest me as well.

And be sure to get a memory card!

I'd reach for the major RPG's like Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts. Then, I'd get Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice. Those should keep you busy for a while, since they're all pretty cheap now; all of them are Greatest Hits, I believe.

RPGs: Final Fantasy X, Suikoden III, Disgaea
Sports: Madden 2004, ESPN NBA Basketball, ESPN NHL Hockey
Racing: Gran Turismo 3
Multiplayer: WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain, NFL Street

RPGs: FFX, kingdom hearts
fighting: soul calibur 2, guilty gear x2, capcom vs. snk 2, marvel vs. capcom 2, tekken 4 (not all...unless ur a hardcore fighting gamer. i also hear that virtua fighter 4 evo is good)
sport: SSX3, madden 2004, gran turismo 3 (might want to wait for 4)
other: ratchet and clank, metal gear solid 2, gta double pack, devil may cry, DDRMAX

what what what? not one person mentioned rez? c'mon, thats imo the best game on ps2. its a must own (unless you have epilepsy(?)) mark of kri is great if you like the idea of disney characters using massive weapons to stab, cut, behead, dismember, and otherwise harm each other, plus it can be had pretty cheap.

i would have to say get BloodRayne or Max Payne. Rygar is a damn good one too. id also recommend WWE Smackdown! HCTP and Def Jam Vendetta.

bread's done
Back