Again DS - Did this game release today?

deanabrown

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know of Again actually released today? Everywhere I look its backordered. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks.

Haven't actually seen a copy in the wild but Amazon says it's in stock.

Not much news out there about it this week...only one review on Metacritic, too.

My local Best Buy is showing that they have this game in stock today. I am a fan of the developer and will be buying this game. Thanks for posting the review.

[quote name='deanabrown']My local Best Buy is showing that they have this game in stock today. I am a fan of the developer and will be buying this game. Thanks for posting the review.[/QUOTE]

Please post impressions after you play it a bit!

I'm definitely interested in the game but it's becoming increasingly difficult to justify spending $30 on a DS game.

GameFly has it listed as shipping today. I would say that it was released and that other stores will get it in stock later today.

Had to go to two best buys. First one didn't have any copies, even though the website said they did. Second one had four copies. This game may get hard to find as time goes on. Will let you know what I think once I play it.

about 4 hours into it. So far, it's just okay. Reminds me a lot of the Phoenix Wright games where they hold your hand through the whole thing but this game doesn't have the writing of the Wright series. In the four hours I've played, there has only been three times (about 10 minutes a piece) where I've gotten free reign to do my own thing without the game holding my hand. The story so far is is meh but I am hoping it eventually goes down the path that they've been alluding to. Game is extremely easy, unlike their other games where you find your self getting some boneheaded game overs, this doesn't even give you that kind anxiety.

I'll finish it up but so far I honestly can't say that it's worth the $30. It's more in the $15-20 range or just rent the thing. For supposedly being the last Cing game in the US, this isn't a good way to go out (at least so far).

Ugh. These reviews are killing me. I appreciate everyone's honesty, though...I'll keep it on my radar as the price drops a bit.

Just noticed that the cover art for the game has the Nintendo Wi-Fi logo on it. What does the game do with Wi-Fi? I don't think I've read anything about online features.

hope someone writes a walkthrough soon as I've hit the proverbial "brick wall". I've done everything, I've talked to everyone and I've searched everything but yet I can't progress the game. I was cruising through the game and then BAM, I'm stuck trying to figure it out for two days running

Just finished the game the other day.....

Well, on a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 6.

The positive part was the adventure game play which I enjoyed. As another poster mentioned, the style is very similar to Phoenix Wright. The story was not bad with a few twists and turns. The biggest let down was there was entirely TOO MUCH dialog and the game was too repetitive. Didn't feel there was a need to continuously recap what just happened. The dialog was boring and put me to sleep, which is why it took me so long to complete. As far as difficulty, the puzzles were relatively easy to navigate through. There were two puzzles I found challenging, but was finally able to solve them without any assistance.

In some ways, I am wondering if this game was rushed out given the financial difficulties of the company.

Overall, I would say this game is average. If you are still looking to get this game, I would wait for a price point of $15 or less.

bread's done
Back