Age limit for trade-ins?

metalgearray

CAGiversary!
Some stores seem to have an age limit for trading in games for some reason. Why is that? What stores have the limit? And what is the limit? Thanks guys.

it's usually an age limit for cash and system trade-ins.. the limit here is 18 or older to trade-in systems for cash.. I know GameCrazy stores use it.

if i remembered correctly, it has to do with business law. about how minors can not make contracts, with the exception for food and necessities.

JSweeney can probably add here.

If someone under the age of 18 trades in an item their parents can come and demand it back, provided of course the parents refund the trade-in price. Minors cannot make contracts except for in a few limited instances. Rather than deal with this hassle some stores simply refuse trade-ins from those under the age of 18.

I'm always with my parent or brother when I trade in games, because I can't drive yet. A while ago when I traded in Mario Kart Double Dash at Media Play they said I had to be 16 to trade it in so it depends on the store.

18 is the minimum because of the liability laws that prohibit vendor's from engaging in business transaction's with minor's... at least in NY it is...saw a case once where a kid stole some money and bought over $200 worth of Yugi-oh cards, in the end the parents got the money back because the child was a minor thus voiding the transaction & making it the vendor's liability...

Yeah I too was wondering what game stores would have against old people as I clicked this thread...

bread's done
Back