Age Of Empires 3 Complete Collection, 19.99 On Games For Windows

I have put in too many hours with Age of Empires 3 and the War Chiefs Expansions... (Easily over 200 hours) This is cheaper than the standalone expansion of The Asian Dynasties, so I may have to buy it.

I've heard AoE 3 was pretty decent. In fact, I looked this up on Amazon a few days back and $19.99 is a nice deal.

With Civ V so close, I don't know though.

Thanks OP!

Awesome price!

Next to Counter Strike and World of Warcraft, Age of Empires III is one of the best PC games on the market. I've spent 20+ days of playtime in this game. If you haven't played it yet.. do yourself a favor and try it. You won't regret it.

Speaking of Microsoft published RTS games, can I buy a digital version of Rise of Nations anywhere? I can't find anywhere that offers it. I lost my CD and am jonesing to build some Russian artillery.

[quote name='RebelCapitalist']I've heard AoE 3 was pretty decent. In fact, I looked this up on Amazon a few days back and $19.99 is a nice deal.

With Civ V so close, I don't know though.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Their two different games. AOE 3 is an RTS while Civ V is not. I don't know if I would put them in the same class either. I enjoy both Civ and AOE games but the Civ games are more detailed and deeper than the AOE games. However, sometimes I just don't want to spend hours on end just to play one game of Civ.

If I buy this is it tied to a Games for Windows account or is it just a download and the CD keys?

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Speaking of Microsoft published RTS games, can I buy a digital version of Rise of Nations anywhere? I can't find anywhere that offers it. I lost my CD and am jonesing to build some Russian artillery.[/QUOTE]

No idea about a digital version, but if you have a Half-Price Books near you, check there. My thee local ones in Columbus, OH always have a couple of copies available (new) for $9.99

[quote name='Clownzilla']Their two different games. AOE 3 is an RTS while Civ V is not. I don't know if I would put them in the same class either. I enjoy both Civ and AOE games but the Civ games are more detailed and deeper than the AOE games. However, sometimes I just don't want to spend hours on end just to play one game of Civ.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I put them together since they are both strat games. I might get AoE then. I love Civ and sometimes games takes days. But one thing I enjoyed with Civ Revolution on the consoles was the ability to play a game in 2-3 hours without too much detail.

Sounds like AoE 3 will be along the sames lines. Think I'll buy this today. :)

I'm a sucker for strategy games.

Was a big fan of vanilla AoE 3 at launch... but I just don't know if I can drop $20 on this.

I know it's a good savings off retail, but damn if Steam (and the other DD services) sales and GOG haven't spoiled me into the $10 and under category.

[quote name='solidsmooky']If you're a fan of RTS games and don't buy this you are literally a clown.[/QUOTE]

You have a good point. Was watching an episode of Windows Weekly and Leo Laporte brought up AoE 3 and how he loved the game. Guess there's an online AoE coming or something.

Fate?

Might be coincidence, but that's a good enough sign for me. Buying it later for sure now. haha

I've been wanting to try this series and I had some points leftover on my account so I picked this up
I must say that it's fantastic and well worth 20 bucks.

I'm running Windows 7 64 in case anyone is wondering

Are you able to re-download if needed and or burn to a dvd. I want it but I have a brand new lap top that I will probably want reformat and put Win 7 Pro on it instead of Home.

Check the Downloads tab in GFWL and you can re-download your games. Not sure if there are any limits though. Their support FAQ is really basic.

If i read it correctly yesterday (22nd), the price was good "thru aug 23rd"
so it should be still good now right? Cause now its 39.99$

Technically it would mean until end of 23rd. If they said "until" that could imply the end of the 22nd.

If you're really interested, I'd contact someone and point it out. Too bad you don't have a screen shot.

I'm playing for the first time and love hearing the cannons fire at the buildings with the sound turned up. :)

Ya didnt think id need one or i wouldve taken a screenshot, ill email them when i get home from work tonight. I hope i can still get the price cause i loved aoe2, but i wont hold
my breath

bread's done
Back