Aha Take On Me: Literal lyric version

I could never make out more than a small portion of the lyrics in the original. Not that I was particularly interested.

What I always found the most interesting about this video, beyond the technical aspects which were very good for the era, is that it became a cultural reference point. It was satirized numerous times on the assumption that everybody had seen it, yet the original was itself a pastiche of cultural references, mostly 'Altered States' but also a style of comics that was common in Europe long ago.

[quote name='epobirs']I could never make out more than a small portion of the lyrics in the original. Not that I was particularly interested.

What I always found the most interesting about this video, beyond the technical aspects which were very good for the era, is that it became a cultural reference point. It was satirized numerous times on the assumption that everybody had seen it, yet the original was itself a pastiche of cultural references, mostly 'Altered States' but also a style of comics that was common in Europe long ago.[/quote]

Speak english goddommit....

i forgot to mention above that i watch the first fucking minute and a half of the embedded video before i realised i had to click on the fucking link

I personally like the Reel Big Fish cover, myself. But yeah, don't post something just because it's mildly interesting to you, at least not here.

[quote name='Filler2001']I personally like the Reel Big Fish cover, myself. But yeah, don't post something just because it's mildly interesting to you, at least not here.[/quote]
Yeah i like the reel big fish cover too. You don't find many brass instruments in most bands.

[quote name='Filler2001']I personally like the Reel Big Fish cover, myself. But yeah, don't post something just because it's mildly interesting to you, at least not here.[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about? Posting stuff that's only mildly amusing to the OP is 99% of the Off-Topic Forum.

I thought it was pretty funny. It'll be interesting to see what other videos people will parody like this.

bread's done
Back