AIM Down?

Tennisjon2002

CAGiversary!
Is anyone elses aim not working? I am getting the message that the service can not be reached. I restarted my computer and still getting it then tried my other computer? is this happening to anyone else?

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']Is anyone elses aim not working? I am getting the message that the service can not be reached. I restarted my computer and still getting it then tried my other computer? is this happening to anyone else?[/quote]

I'm getting shit too. I can barely sign on, and when i actually do, it doesn't work and i eventually get booted. Glad to see i'm not alone.

damnit it is lettin me on my other sn, the one that i mess wit people on but not my real 1. i hate aim. WHY!!!!!!!???????

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']damnit it is lettin me on my other sn, the one that i mess wit people on but not my real 1. i hate aim. WHY!!!!!!!???????[/quote]

Ironically enough, I just did this same exact thing. It only lets me on with select sn's. wtf?

I was getting "flickers" during the last hour, where I'd get booted but signed right back on. They're probably updating and adding more of those lameass movie promos that pop up and annoy the hell out of you. :roll:

Mine's good. I just finished chatting with a friend of mine. I'm using IM, though, so that might be why... But I think IM and AIM are the same thing anyways.

[quote name='moiety']I was getting "flickers" during the last hour, where I'd get booted but signed right back on. They're probably updating and adding more of those lameass movie promos that pop up and annoy the hell out of you. :roll:[/quote]

This is why you use DeadAIM with AIM. :wink:

Do you have XP SP 2? Sounds like one of those kind of issues... check your firewall. I've heard of AIM problems like this before. Also, check your connection settings. If it just plain pisses you off too much, completely uninstall it and then download again & reinstall (small file, isn't that big of a download)

i don't have service pack 2......and AIM has always been fine until just recently (and other people have been having the same problems)

[quote name='xzafixz']Good thing I deleted that shitty ass program a long time ago, goodfuckingriddance.[/quote]

I use trillian, and have been for a few years now.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='xzafixz']Good thing I deleted that shitty ass program a long time ago, goodfuckingriddance.[/quote]

I use trillian, and have been for a few years now.[/quote]

Eh, Trillian is okay. I used to have gAIM myself.

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='xzafixz']Good thing I deleted that shitty ass program a long time ago, goodfuckingriddance.[/quote]

I use trillian, and have been for a few years now.[/quote]

Eh, Trillian is okay. I used to have gAIM myself.[/quote]

Yeah, I've used that too. Not on this machine though.

bread's done
Back