Air Force Poland crashes Lech Kaczynski Poland President dead

New reports say 132 dead. Pretty crazy. Terrible day for Poland... Can't imagine what it would be like to be hearing your president died...

Not only was it their President, but it was their Head of National Security Office, the deputy Parliament speaker, the deputy foreign minister, and the army chief of staff.

It's a terrible day for Poland.. extremely sad. RIP President Kaczynski and the other souls on board.

Also the President's wife, and their head central banker, I guess the equivalent of our Ben Bernanke. What a terrible day for that country.

[quote name='D4b34rs']New reports say 132 dead. Pretty crazy. Terrible day for Poland... Can't imagine what it would be like to be hearing your president died...[/QUOTE]

Cant imagine what it would be like to hear your president is dead?

The president is just a man. Im sure you hear all the time about some no name person getting shot in a drive, or dying in a car wreck or just dying from old age and you dont give a shit. So why would the president be any different? The president is no better than a engineer from a russian car company, the guy running the fry machine at mcdonalds or a woman that paints sea shells and sell them on a hawaiian beach.

The president isnt even that important (the american president that is, I dont know how polish politics work), you know that right? The president doesnt actually decide shit. If he wants to do anything he has to have it voted and passed through first. He is just the frontman for the band called the american government. He just sings the songs and stands infront of the others.

But in the end saying you cant imagine is really transparent and fake sounding. Its a kneejerk reaction most people have where they dont really care but want to sound like they do

Yeah, fuck him for calling you all out on your bullshit.

Being a phony is the real way to go if you want internet popularity!

conspiracy I tell ya.... well I'm sure we aren't the only ones who have a backup government or line of succession plan in place in case this sort of thing happens.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Yeah, fuck him for calling you all out on your bullshit.

Being a phony is the real way to go if you want internet popularity![/QUOTE]

Yeah, who cares about some country's leader along with 100 other people dying in a horrible fashion. Empathy is for queers. I laughed all the way through 9/11.

Terrible news! Very sad for all the families of those who died.

And jesus CAG is full of douchebags these days. The growing size of my ignore list is probably going to melt the servers eventually.

[quote name='Sporadic']Yeah, who cares about some country's leader along with 100 other people dying in a horrible fashion. Empathy is for queers. I laughed all the way through 9/11.[/QUOTE]

I'm saying I doubt anyone in this thread actually does care - and is merely doing the whole "Oh, a dead person thread. Time to post about how 'sad' I am. Okay, back to the grind."

And then when they're called out on it... "Oh, better go on the defensive and call the person who noticed this a terrible person! That way I can feel even better about myself! Never mind that I didn't even know Poland had a president until today - that's just how I roll!"

Class acts, all around.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I'm saying I doubt anyone in this thread actually does care - and is merely doing the whole "Oh, a dead person thread. Time to post about how 'sad' I am. Okay, back to the grind."

And then when they're called out on it... "Oh, better go on the defensive and call the person who noticed this a terrible person! That way I can feel even better about myself! Never mind that I didn't even know Poland had a president until today - that's just how I roll!"

Class acts, all around.[/QUOTE]

Good. Can't wait until you die and no one gives a shit. Hopefully that includes your family.

[quote name='gargus']Cant imagine what it would be like to hear your president is dead?

The president is just a man. Im sure you hear all the time about some no name person getting shot in a drive, or dying in a car wreck or just dying from old age and you dont give a shit. So why would the president be any different? The president is no better than a engineer from a russian car company, the guy running the fry machine at mcdonalds or a woman that paints sea shells and sell them on a hawaiian beach.

The president isnt even that important (the american president that is, I dont know how polish politics work), you know that right? The president doesnt actually decide shit. If he wants to do anything he has to have it voted and passed through first. He is just the frontman for the band called the american government. He just sings the songs and stands infront of the others.

But in the end saying you cant imagine is really transparent and fake sounding. Its a kneejerk reaction most people have where they dont really care but want to sound like they do[/QUOTE]

I forgot hearing about how this country was in mourning when JFK was killed 50 years ago. Nice to see that some compare a person who accomplishes being President of a Country compared to someone who makes 5 bucks an hour putting french fries into oil. Plus crashing in a plane has got to be one of the scariest deaths to be thousands of feet up in the air and having a multi ton metal bird crash to the earth.

[quote name='Tony208']^ I'll care when you die cause I'll have a place to deposit my trash[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Good. Can't wait until you die and no one gives a shit. Hopefully that includes your family.[/QUOTE]

CAG: Keeping it classy.

"You called me a phony? Yeah, yeah? Well I hope you DIE and when you die I'm gonna put TRASH on your grave and NOBODY will care. That'll show you for calling me out on the internet!"

you're calling us phonies even though we didn't say we cared or felt sad, we were just mentioning how unfortunate it was that this occurred
now gtfo you dickwad

Last edited by a moderator:
Not wanting to jump on the assholes that think this doesn't matter, this does suck for Poland to lose so many leaders.

That really sucks, having all those people in the plane die with the president also. Who takes the presidents place down there now?

[quote name='WeaponX2099']They should have replaced their plane. It was 20 years old.[/QUOTE]

Well that makes NO SENSE....yea lets replace a plane that's 20 years old.....uh hello....most the fleet of airplanes people fly on are that old if not older. You have to realize that the engineers who designed the planes design them with long term use in mind. Things can happen to any plane even if it's 1 day old. It's a horrible event, but unfortunately things do happen...

[quote name='WeaponX2099']They should have replaced their plane. It was 20 years old.[/QUOTE]

I think it was more of a case of the pilot being pressured (or being stubborn) to try to land in bad conditions. They were going to a quite important Katyn rememberence ceremony (you can watch the Wajda movie for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katy%C5%84_%28film%29). Or read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre. Katyn to Poland is as important as Pearl Harbor or 9/11 are to the USA.

It's a sad day for Poland... in fact, April seems to be a bad month, in general for Poland...

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well that makes NO SENSE....yea lets replace a plane that's 20 years old.....uh hello....most the fleet of airplanes people fly on are that old if not older. You have to realize that the engineers who designed the planes design them with long term use in mind. Things can happen to any plane even if it's 1 day old. It's a horrible event, but unfortunately things do happen...[/QUOTE]

At first, the news was claiming that it was the fault of the plane. The plane was 20 + years old with other planes in that batch crashing. But now I hear that it may be the fault of the pilot. He tried to land in fog.

[quote name='BigT']I think it was more of a case of the pilot being pressured (or being stubborn) to try to land in bad conditions. They were going to a quite important Katyn rememberence ceremony (you can watch the Wajda movie for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katy%C5%84_%28film%29). Or read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre. Katyn to Poland is as important as Pearl Harbor or 9/11 are to the USA.

It's a sad day for Poland... in fact, April seems to be a bad month, in general for Poland...[/QUOTE]

Katyn is even a lot bigger to Poland, considering over 22,000 people were murdered. I'm from Poland and needless to say this hasn't been an easy day for me.

@DarkSageRK
Wow, fuck you asshole, not everyone is a selfish prick like you.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']At first, the news was claiming that it was the fault of the plane. The plane was 20 + years old with other planes in that batch crashing. But now I hear that it may be the fault of the pilot. He tried to land in fog.[/QUOTE]

A lot of factors are going to be looked into. I don't know if Poland has like an NTSB or any investigative system, but I am sure they are going to look into all possibilities. It all depends on the behind the scenes .... was it really the pilot's fault or the plane's fault? Can the company risk taking the blame for a faulty something in one of their models and risk billions on buyers... I don't always believe what the reports say because money is always involved and anytime a company takes the blame for a design flaw or something that is wrong with their plane, they lose billions of dollars. Who knows they may just say Pilot/Human error. The only real people who will know what the hell happened are the people who check out the flight recorder...that most of the time tells the story, along with radar data and eye witness accounts.

[quote name='Gimgak']Katyn is even a lot bigger to Poland, considering over 22,000 people were murdered. I'm from Poland and needless to say this hasn't been an easy day for me.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know... I'm Polish too. I was trying to make an analogy that would resonate with Americans.

I was rather shocked to hear the news this morning... said a prayer and moved on. I don't really have that much of an emotional attachment to politicians... maybe it's wrong, but that's just me... I was much more emotional when Karol Wojtyla passed away several years back. And, besides, it's almost as if I just expect bad things to happen to Poland...

My Dad was a pilot. His attitude was that the older the plane or helicopter, the better. He figured that any kinks in an individual aircraft would be worked out in time or it would crash. If an aircraft was twenty years old, it just meant that any lingering issues had twenty years to work themselves out. His strategy worked. He's still around, safely away from old aircraft.

As a point of comparison to the Polish plane, the United States Air Force still uses B-52 bombers that are over thirty years old. They are tentatively scheduled to be replaced in the middle of this century.

Like someone else said, this seems to have been more about pilot error than a mechanical malfunction. I would hate to experience what Poland is going through. Losing that many of a country's leaders is never a good thing, even if you personally might not agree with some of their policies.

It is highly unusual to have so many high ranking people die at one time like that. The purpose for the trip, to remember another tragedy, makes it even more ironic and tragic. Really sad.

being a decent human being is so hard when the juveniles want to look all hard on the interwebs... very sad. condolences to Poland on their loss from an actual caring fellow human being.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I'm saying I doubt anyone in this thread actually does care - and is merely doing the whole "Oh, a dead person thread. Time to post about how 'sad' I am. Okay, back to the grind."

Class acts, all around.[/QUOTE]

Did your mom not hug you enough when you were a kid or something? You're the original tough guy, let me tell ya.

bread's done
Back