Air Purifiers?

getmeoutofjoliet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Anybody use those Ionic Breeze/HEPA filter air purifiers? Do they create a sensible difference? What kind do you use? Anybody get any of the ones off eBay?

Gracias,

GmooJ

I use a Honeywell (not sure what the model number is). I think it works pretty well.

I'd like to get another one for the basement.

If you have a furnace, be sure to change the filters on a regular basis in that, too. That makes a huge difference.

[quote name='shieryda']

If you have a furnace, be sure to change the filters on a regular basis in that, too. That makes a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was going to say. Buy a good filter for your furnace as a first step before getting an air purifier. It will make more of a difference and at a cheaper cost. (You can get a great 3M filter for $10-30.)

Consumer reports has done tests of these things and found that the Ionic Breeze (and other purifiers of that type) don't do diddly. I wouldn't waste my money on that particular filter. If you are going to get one, get a HEPA one.

I had an Alen brand tower. I didn't really notice that much of a difference, but it was doing something. Probably ozone cancer I dunno.

I have a Honeywell at home and a Hunter at work. I like the Hunter more more because its onboard computer is easier to program. The Honeywell's electronics is clumsy by comparsion..

I do noticed that there is a lot less dust in my bedroom due to my air purifer.

bread's done
Back