Airplane crashed outside of Buffalo, NY.

tokitoki50

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just want everyone to know that a Continental Airlines plane crashed in Clarence, NY tonight at 10:20 PM. 44 passengers, 4 crew, and 1 man on the ground dead. Not much detail on what happened, a friend of mine was a fireman first on the scene.

It's freaky, I live about 10 minutes away.

Well not every plane crash can be as lucky as last months.

A smaller 50 seat plane crashed into a Buffalo neighborhood at 10:10pm yesterday/tonight. I think many more on the ground will be found too.

Can we make up our minds which topic will be closed? :roll:

It's been a little over two years without a commuter crash plane death.

Yeah I don't know, a mod reopened my thread I guess.

I'm not sure, but this is the only crash that's ever occurred in the Buffalo area.

Local news is reporting that the pilot may have radioed in that there were mechanical problems, but it's not confirmed. The plane basically crashed right into the village of Clarence, which is amazing that only one person on the ground died. People on the ground reported seeing the plane flying erratically as it went down.

I heard the plane just fell off radar without any warning.

Some police guy was talking and lived 3 miles away and didn't hear anything? My grandpa has horrible hearing and something exploded about 2-3 miles away and he could hear it. That explosion blew a building to pieces but I'm sure a plane going 300MPH into the ground is a little louder.

He's actually the county executive, but yeah, that's pretty wild. The local news interviewed a guy who saw the plane go down and said that his whole house shook.

Just saw this on the evening news. First thing that popped into my mind was Donnie Darko for some strange reason.

It's amazing that the damage and casualties were as minimal as it were. It'd be pretty nuts if it dropped in the city.

Definitely a tragedy, but I'm sick and tired of every mother fucker within a mile radius of the crash site getting on national news and describing the sounds they heard.

~HotShotX

I flew out of JFK yesterday night and didn't hear about it until I landed. I'm not shocked no one at the airport knew. I'm sure its not the kind of new you want to spread around before a flight.

bread's done
Back