Akai Katana - 25% off - $29.99 shipped

[quote name='blinknot4']For those who have played both - compare this to Sine Mora. I did not really like Sine Mora (I tend to suck at shmups) - but this game looks pretty awesome...

EDIT: As somebody stated on page 2, MOST WANTED, fulfilled by Amazon has it priced at 19.97. I have ordered from them before via Amazon - and it was normal and legit.[/QUOTE]

Shark Distribution is also great, no problems with orders from them (fulfilled by Amazon).

[quote name='chimpmeister']Shark Distribution is also great, no problems with orders from them (fulfilled by Amazon).[/QUOTE]

I ordered via Shark Distribution on Saturday when this was priced at $21.XX (which oddly an hour later it was back up to the $30 Amazon price), oh well, $2 isn't a big deal.

Great game btw, shmups should all really be priced at $20 though imo.

Thanks for the heads up, $20 was my buy point, and Prime shipping was just a bonus, will have the game before the weekend.

I LOVED this game. It took me about 5 hours of play before I fully understood the systems in place, but those 5 hours leading up to that point were insanely fun too. It was just a whole other layer of depth that I broke into at 5 hours. I stopped playing because I spent three hours one night replaying a single level for high score. It's not that I didn't love doing that, but I recognized the addictive quality and moved on to finish Persona 4 in anticipation of Arena. It was well worth 40. It's well worth 30.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow this game is dropping despite all those great reviews. Tempted to pick up a copy myself.[/QUOTE]
I played a little over the weekend. I didn't really find it to be anything special, honestly. I've played most good shmups, but I'd classify this in the GigaWing category: Too many bullets to possibly avoid, so just keep feeding it credits. Maybe there's a game mechanic I was too lazy to learn about that would change that opinion, but I prefer shmups that I actually have a chance to avoid dying.

bread's done
Back