Aksys Games posting survey about Otome games

masuto

CAG Veteran
On the main page of Aksys website there is a survey you can take. It's about otome games. If you don't know what an otome game is, it's one of those dating games for girls. Definitely check out their survey here.

EDIT: They closed down their first survey and opened a second survey here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna play the Sakura Taisen 1 + 2 game for PSP.

edit!

awww I took the survey... there wasnt really any freestyle form to request Sakura Wars :cry:

I wrote it in in the "other" box for one of the questions lol

I wasn't familiar with the term "otome game", so I googled. Seems it's different from your average dating sim - the genders are swapped around, with girl main characters going after guys. I'm guessing stuff like Tokimeki Memorial: Girls' Side would qualify as an otome game.

Bizarre. I wonder why Aksys would hold a survey for dating sims geared primarily towards females. But, the survey did have questions that were a little more general.

I hope this helps them in figuring out what visual novel/dating sim to bring over.

If you were going to try your hand at dating games in the west, wouldnt you start with the ones for guys, which clearly would have a bigger market?

I don't know, we already have a bunch of Japanese games that contain dating-sim elements (ar Tonelico series, Persona series, Luminous Arc series, Sakura Wars 5, Record of Agarest War) and practically all of those are from the male perspective. A male-oriented dating sim without the JRPG hybrid wouldn't be that much of a stretch, whereas an otome game would be uncharted territory.

[quote name='Halo05']Oh god no, leave this $$$$$$ shit in Japan.[/QUOTE]

It might get the effeminate weirdos out of our Jrpgs. I'm for that.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't know, we already have a bunch of Japanese games that contain dating-sim elements (ar Tonelico series, Persona series, Luminous Arc series, Sakura Wars 5, Record of Agarest War) and practically all of those are from the male perspective. A male-oriented dating sim without the JRPG hybrid wouldn't be that much of a stretch, whereas an otome game would be uncharted territory.[/QUOTE]
Well yeah, but how many people play those games because of rather than in spite of the dating sim stuff? I suppose if they're games where it plays a major role, some people do, but I still wonder how well stand-alone dating sims would do over here, especially with guys.

Ok think about it this way, theyre targeting girls and I have no problem gathering up the female gamers. Plus, if we go out and buy a gal game, then we're either seen as perverts or pedos. When girls go out and buy otome games, they're seen as...just girls.

America has actually gotten at least one otome game, it was a rhythm otome game called Princess Debut and was on the DS. It was actually fairly fun, though the rhythm part wasn't very hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back