Alan Wake 19.96 Amazon

It's only a $3 difference, but god dammit, I knew they were going to drop the price just after I ordered it.

[quote name='bigredvan14']It's only a $3 difference, but god dammit, I knew they were going to drop the price just after I ordered it.[/QUOTE]
Story of my life.

It's a good game in the vein of a Twin Peaks episode. Game is kind of short and can get a little repetitive at times. Good story though. I think HR is a better game but this one isn't too bad and definitely worth $19.96. I like that the game has a more mature atmosphere than most games on the 360.

Did Alan Wake ever get an official ending? I didn't want to get this because I heard the developers were going to release DLC that finished it and I was just going to wait until the PH edition comes out with the extra stuff on-disc (I don't go online).

[quote name='romeogbs19']Did Alan Wake ever get an official ending? I didn't want to get this because I heard the developers were going to release DLC that finished it and I was just going to wait until the PH edition comes out with the extra stuff on-disc (I don't go online).[/QUOTE]

Game is not gonna get a PH. You actually have to sell to get PH designation.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Did Alan Wake ever get an official ending? I didn't want to get this because I heard the developers were going to release DLC that finished it and I was just going to wait until the PH edition comes out with the extra stuff on-disc (I don't go online).[/QUOTE]

No official ending yet.

Developers stated that the DLC is to bridge the gap from AW1 to AW2, and that if there's no Alan Wake 2, they hope to close Alan's story in DLC. (I read this somewhere reputable, but don't remember where...)

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Not new. Used it was available from Family Video for $9.99 + ship.[/QUOTE]

It will get there... give it time.

[quote name='confoosious']every game will get there. what's your point.[/QUOTE]

The point of my original point was that I'm fucking waiting for it to get to $9.99, and the point of the second post was responding to the idea that it would never get to $9.99 new.

READ, MOTHERfuckER... READ!!!!

(your avatar is extremely appropriate in this instance)

[quote name='confoosious']so basically, you're telling us nothing we don't already know or care to know.

gotcha.[/QUOTE]

Yup, just following the established trend of CAG which boils down to:

1. Complaining because the current price is now $1~3 dollars cheaper than you paid,
2. Announcing the price at which you will purchase the product, or
3. Letting everyone know that you took advantage of the deal

How long have you been a member here, and you're just now figuring this out?

1 and 2 are f'ing annoying. Especially 2. I don't know why anyone thinks other people give a shit what their price point is.

3 I do sometimes as a means of thanking the OP.

[quote name='zenintrude']The point of my original point was that I'm fucking waiting for it to get to $9.99, and the point of the second post was responding to the idea that it would never get to $9.99 new.

READ, MOTHERfuckER... READ!!!!

(your avatar is extremely appropriate in this instance)[/QUOTE]

You're not the only one. I was hoping this game would have dropped to $10 on Black Friday and it didn't.

"Hates stupid people", kind of ironic, isn't it? :bouncy:

It's weird - I didn't really expect to like this game, I let it sit around forever in my backlog before even touching it, and when I did play it I constantly complained about it. I didn't understand the ending and didn't bother downloading the dlc with the included code.

Yet for some reason now I look back on it very fondly and have a strong urge to replay it on Nightmare mode. I think the game is actually kind of charming and really grows on you; I especially enjoy the environmental effect when the enemy is coming - very memorable which is hard to do these days (for me at least). Underneath the surface the game is a lot more clever than it looks, and I may be jumping on it again here at $20. Thanks op.

[quote name='handsomepete']It's weird - I didn't really expect to like this game, I let it sit around forever in my backlog before even touching it, and when I did play it I constantly complained about it. I didn't understand the ending and didn't bother downloading the dlc with the included code.

Yet for some reason now I look back on it very fondly and have a strong urge to replay it on Nightmare mode. I think the game is actually kind of charming and really grows on you; I especially enjoy the environmental effect when the enemy is coming - very memorable which is hard to do these days (for me at least). Underneath the surface the game is a lot more clever than it looks, and I may be jumping on it again here at $20. Thanks op.[/QUOTE]

It's exactly what it attempts to be: a good novel. It takes time to develop but the payoff is worth it. But it's not just some text heavy game like 999 either. The lighting effects and combat I thought were excellent.

well worth $20.

I don't need another game but I have a little bit left on an Amazon gift card... bah.

Oh, and coming back to this thread to argue with the person who posted above you? Hilarious.

[quote name='zenintrude']We're here to entertain, glad you enjoyed the show.[/QUOTE]
I'd be entertained if you bought Alan Wake for $19.99 instead of $9.99.

[quote name='sadboy']I'd be entertained if you bought Alan Wake for $19.99 instead of $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I simply CANNOT SATISFY THIS REQUEST.

Gotta draw the line somewhere.

This is a terrific game. Got it for free with my slim. Excellent gameplay and the storyline is pretty interesting. The only part I didn't like that much is how the ending isn't really an ending. You have to pay for the DLC to get the ending. No thanks otherwise it's a pretty good game.

I picked this up.

It seemed like it was an interesting game. Something different to play. And if I don't like it, well, it won't be that much of a loss.

bread's done
Back