Alan Wake (360) $49.99 + $10 Gaming Credit at Amazon

Cyrian

CAGiversary!
Looks like they matched Walmart. It's one of those things where you have to add it to the cart to see the price. And it still has the $10 gaming credit.
Alan Wake

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't pre-order the game (unless you count ordering it at 4am on Tuesday as a pre-order) and I received the pre-order codes this morning as well! So maybe everyone will get one???

I wasn't hoping for them, but hey if Amazon wants to give me them, I'm not going to complain...

Got my email with the preorder codes. So at the end of the day, Amazon came through with the $10 refund, and codes. This is why I always shop at amazon.

I ordered Alan Wake after it released and actually just now got the pre-order bonuses. Wasn't expecting them at all (honestly didn't even know they existed), but I'll take them I guess. Makes my purchase even more worthwhile now.

My pre-order bonuses came through early this morning as well. Thanks amazon! Now I'm just waiting for my red dead redemption credit....

I broke down and ordered this last night. I still had the $10 credit from a previous Amazon purchase, knocking it down to $40 and another $10 coming for next time. Ingenious. Now I hope I get the bonuses too. I'm excited to play this based on all the positive feedback I've seen here and in reviews.

Queuing this up for after I'm done with Splinter Cell Conviction.

C'mon amazon. Give us our RDR credit...you'll get a lot more sales on AW, because probably half of us waiting on it are trying to buy this game with it.

I'm kinda bummed. I was waiting for my RDR credit so that I could order Alan Wake for $29.99 + the $10 credit, and now the credit bonus is gone. And my RDR credit still hasn't arrived...

[quote name='Armor42']I'm kinda bummed. I was waiting for my RDR credit so that I could order Alan Wake for $29.99 + the $10 credit, and now the credit bonus is gone. And my RDR credit still hasn't arrived...[/QUOTE]

Don't order it then, I won't be, I'll use the $20 for something else and wait for Alan Wake to drop.

A single player only game with seemingly limited re-playability, shouldn't take long.

EDIT - The $10 video game credit is still showing up in the Special Promotions section on the page, but if you don't get a notification at checkout then yeah, it's probably gone.

I also wonder what the deal is with the RDR credit : ( I am waiting to pick up Alan Wake at $30 as well.

I am a prime member and have ordered so many games through Amazon in the last year and they have never taken this long to deposit the credit. To be honest though I have a back-log so deep (thanks a lot Gamefly sales) I really shouldn't sweat it. And RDR is a hell of a game, really blowing me away.

Still though, what's up with Amazon?

[quote name='benjamouth']Don't order it then, I won't be, I'll use the $20 for something else and wait for Alan Wake to drop.

A single player only game with seemingly limited re-playability, shouldn't take long.

EDIT - The $10 video game credit is still showing up in the Special Promotions section on the page, but if you don't get a notification at checkout then yeah, it's probably gone.[/QUOTE]

thank you, I hadn't noticed it! I'll probably order it if the bonus is still there once I get my $20 credit

Does anyone know if this offer is still good? Its 6:15pm PST and it doesnt show if I get the 10 credit or not. Also Red Dead Redemption is at 49.99 at the moment

I ordered yesterday afternoon and then last night I got an email from Amazon saying my credit card was declined (I have no money and for some reason it didn't use amazon credit). So I ordered it while they still offered the $10 credit but read the email the next day. I still get the $10 credit, right?

Well, I ended up just buying an AW limited edition from Gamestop tonight on a whim. Probably not very rare, but it was the last in store and she talked me into it...it's soooo very sleek for an LE.

It is dead. They removed it from the "special promotions" box. I'll wait for a price drop and use the RDR $20.00 credit on Blazblue: Continuum Shift or the red Xbox 360 controller with the play and charge kit.

[quote name='xlaxparkax']It is dead. They removed it from the "special promotions" box. I'll wait for a price drop and use the RDR $20.00 credit on Blazblue: Continuum Shift or the red Xbox 360 controller with the play and charge kit.[/QUOTE]

When the heck are we going to get this RDR credit? Does anyone recall amazon waiting this long on issuing credit?

[quote name='mr_bungle']When the heck are we going to get this RDR credit? Does anyone recall amazon waiting this long on issuing credit?[/QUOTE]

I got my credit today.

Got mine in the email. Little to late for Alan Wake, but it can go towards Crackdown 2 I suppose.

Oh, and I think its taking longer because it isn't a credit. It's a gift card.

I'm missing a $10 credit. I bought Alan Wake and Split/Second last week. I got an email with a $10 credit last week and already spent it on Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm bummed because I didn't keep track of which game I got it for. If I go to checkout for a game now, I've got $40 in credit, which are from SMG2 and RDR. I should have another $10 for either AW or SS.

Anyone not get their credit for either AW or SS yet?

Ummm weird, I just got another email saying I'm getting Alan Wake credit, when I already have and already spent it.

[quote name='mitnosi']Ummm weird, I just got another email saying I'm getting Alan Wake credit, when I already have and already spent it.[/QUOTE]

Same. Although Amazon often erroneously double credits, I'm guessing the email is just a mistake. Says:

"This credit will be automatically applied to your account within 2 business days after the item ships."

Since it refers to getting it 2 days after the game shipped (which we already did) instead of getting one within 2 days of the email, I don't think we'll get another.

Finally got my Red Dead credit and put it towards this game yesterday. Hope I get the game soon.

[quote name='LeRoy']Finally got my Red Dead credit and put it towards this game yesterday. Hope I get the game soon.[/QUOTE]
i did that too and my order came in today. alan wake has so much atmosphere that you are constantly moving and dont have much time to admire the scenery. imo, its pretty scary but idk about what other people think.

Just finished it, and really had a good time through the single player campaign. Here's to waiting for the new DLC.

bread's done
Back