Alan Wake (360) $49.99

2nd the Amazing game. I'm usually ready for a game to end but this one I wanted more. I got it through Amazon the day it came out w/the $10 credit.

I'm excited for "The Signal" DLC to come out which is free if you buy the game new.

Please support this game by buying it new so we can get a sequel.

I'm almost finished with it! Soooooo freaking good! I'm also pumped for the DLC. Im an OG cheapass and this game is definitely worth full price so $10 off is a no brainer.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']BUY. THIS. GAME.

no more discussion. You go buy. Seriously, it's an amazing game.[/QUOTE]
Completely agree. Incredible game.

I'm going to buck the trend and say that this game isn't worth more than $40.

Sorry guys but the gameplay has little variation throughout and like 85 percent of the game is in the woods.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I'm going to buck the trend and say that this game isn't worth more than $40.

Sorry guys but the gameplay has little variation throughout and like 85 percent of the game is in the woods.[/QUOTE]

I'll do you one better, I say its not worth more than $35. Episodes 4 and 5 rocked, 6 was just ok, but 1,2, and 3 were slow and boring. The story is good but far from amazing. You are completely right about the gameplay which is why I was bored for such a long time.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I'm going to buck the trend and say that this game isn't worth more than $40.

Sorry guys but the gameplay has little variation throughout and like 85 percent of the game is in the woods.[/QUOTE]

In a way, I agree about the gameplay. It is mostly the same thing throughout and I thought I would surely get tired of it. But I haven't. I think this is a case of the "experience" as a whole outweighing the gameplay. The atmosphere of AW is just so spot on to me and I'm a total fan of the 1st person voice over here which I normally hate in movies and such. I played Heavy Rain in tandem with AW and think its a similar case there. Sure, I was just tapping buttons as prompted by the screen but the experience of the game as a whole was incredible. How about a caveat? If you've ever read a Stephen King book, and enjoyed it, then AW is worth close to full price ;)

I'm waiting for $19.99 at least on this game. For those who don't think that will happen soon look at what happen with God Of War III at Gamestop.com a few weeks ago at $19.99 + 10GC:)

[quote name='robdees']In a way, I agree about the gameplay. It is mostly the same thing throughout and I thought I would surely get tired of it. But I haven't. I think this is a case of the "experience" as a whole outweighing the gameplay. The atmosphere of AW is just so spot on to me and I'm a total fan of the 1st person voice over here which I normally hate in movies and such. I played Heavy Rain in tandem with AW and think its a similar case there. Sure, I was just tapping buttons as prompted by the screen but the experience of the game as a whole was incredible. How about a caveat? If you've ever read a Stephen King book, and enjoyed it, then AW is worth close to full price ;)[/QUOTE]

But gameplay is a HUGE part of any games experience and you yourself said that its the same thing. The story is good, but with the exceptions of episodes 4 and 5, you're basically running through the woods killing taken to get from one cutscene to the next. I got this game for $24 and I stand that its not worth more than $35, or $40 if you're really pushing it and that is new with the DLC code otherwise no more than $30.

I'll put it this way...I never and I mean NEVER replay a game, or re-read a book, or watch a movie a million times, and I immediately replayed this game on the hardest difficulty setting, including hunting for all the collectibles. In addition, I've had the soundtrack on continuous rotation and I read through the book that comes with the LE.....and I still haven't had enough Alan Wake.

This game is a masterpiece.

I'm waiting for $19.99 at least on this game. For those who don't think that will happen soon look at what happen with God Of War III at Gamestop.com a few weeks ago at $19.99 + 10GC:)

I want the game and I have $35 Amazon credit..but Im going to wait and see if it goes any lower...i have til next month for the credit to expire

I think Alan Wake is worth it for those who love a good story and appreciate the Twin Peaks references. It's not for everyone, but rarely does a game ever just engross me to the point of I HAVE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS, but this one certainly did.

I've been playing it every night almost since I got it. It's incredible! The frequent save points give it a good pick up and play option, but as soon as you get into the atmosphere, its hard to put down b/c you keep wanting to see just a little more. If someone had more time, it probably is a 3-day run thru.

But yeah, buy this new to get the code and support the dev's this is really only their 4th major game in over a decade. I just read in the GI Afterword for this game that they have a lot more content past the DLC, so it sounds like a new sequel is a definite possibility and will probably just use the same engine, hell why not?!?

[quote name='pjay']I'm waiting for $19.99 at least on this game. For those who don't think that will happen soon look at what happen with God Of War III at Gamestop.com a few weeks ago at $19.99 + 10GC:)[/QUOTE]

yeah yeah i read it the first time-
just rent it n get it over with-

misty being the one behind it all-mist. y as in the dark mist common obvious-didn't like the ending one bit.

Been this price since the game launched I believe, sans the $10 GC they were offering (damn you Amazon for sending the $20 RDR credits later than usual).

Overall, the game has an amazing atmosphere with surprisingly intuitive combat controls, considering the targeting reticule was the beam from the light source, not a fixed crosshair in the center of the screen.

bread's done
Back