Alan Wake, $40 at best buy

Nice price, I have to assume this game is not selling that well sadly. I got one on Ebay for 36.62 but I would be all over this if not for that.

I have no doubt the game is worth what it's selling for, but I have a strict no DLC policy (I'll get downloadable games, but not add-ons) and as such I'll wait for a "Complete" edition. If none ever comes, then my apologies to Remedy, a developer I really enjoy and would love to support.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I have no doubt the game is worth what it's selling for, but I have a strict no DLC policy (I'll get downloadable games, but not add-ons) and as such I'll wait for a "Complete" edition. If none ever comes, then my apologies to Remedy, a developer I really enjoy and would love to support.[/QUOTE]

Believe me its not worth $60, $40 is just fine since you get a code for the first DLC. The game is good just not $60 good.

Just finished "episode" 2 and I'm really enjoying it so far. $40 is a solid price since, as others have said, you'll get the first DLC add-on for free.

I got it from Amazon day of release for $50 plus $10 VG credit. Worth every penny. I played it over a 2 day period which I never do. I never got tired of it and as soon as an episode ended I wanted to start the next one.

The free DLC episode will be available July 27th I believe. Hopefully it sells enough to warrant a sequel.

[quote name='Capocci 007']For some reason I don't see the best buy ad here. Did I miss something? Anyway Alan Wake is $40 at BB this week.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing. been checking all week for this sunday's ad. thanks for the heads up. I'll be picking that up then. any other good deals? thanks op.

Do I need a paid Xbox Live membership to download the free dlc? I've only been playing 360 games offline and I'm not sure how it all works.

[quote name='sdcranford']I got it from Amazon day of release for $50 plus $10 VG credit. Worth every penny. I played it over a 2 day period which I never do. I never got tired of it and as soon as an episode ended I wanted to start the next one.

The free DLC episode will be available July 27th I believe. Hopefully it sells enough to warrant a sequel.[/QUOTE]

There is definitely a second DLC episode coming after that one, for $7.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/17/alan-wake-dlc-episodes-priced-at-7-each/

[quote name='deletion']i was thinking the same thing. been checking all week for this sunday's ad. thanks for the heads up. I'll be picking that up then. any other good deals? thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head there were 3 games in the $40 catagory. Pretty sure the other 2 were Blur and BF Bad Company 2.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar'] I'll wait for a "Complete" edition[/QUOTE]
Same but it's due to not having my 360 connected to the internet so obviously the new episodes are locked away. Not in any rush since the last time I enjoyed online was CoD 4. Almost 3 years ago...

I hope Amazon price matches it. I still have my Red Dead gaming credit I want to you on it so I can pick it up for $20 :)

Good price point for the game. It is pretty fun, if you are the type that can be sucked in with good atmosphere and cool story, as long as you can suspend your belief a bit. ;)

[quote name='Capocci 007']Off the top of my head there were 3 games in the $40 catagory. Pretty sure the other 2 were Blur and BF Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

thanks capocci. dang, good deals this week then. oh man, i'm going to be broke!

I've been watching for a price drop on Alan Wake, hopefully Amazon will price match so I can use my $10 credit from the Glory of Hercules (for the wife).

I just got done with this game this afternoon... I have mixed impressions. I'm not sure it is worth 40 just because I don't see myself playing it again. It was very creepy at first, but you kind of get use to it by Episode 4. The story isn't bad, a bit convoluted, but it will keep you going for the first few chapters just to see what's next.

I guess the end game was just a let down overall. Not going to ruin it for anyone, but I wanted more variety and challenge in the end, and a different resolution for the core game.

If you got the money, I guess go for it, but games with no online component almost always have huge price drops within a year, so if you have a backlog, I'd wait. You're probably better off waiting for the DLC to come anyway.

just finished episode 4-i like the story n the way it unfolds like a tv series-after each episode/little cliff hangers--there is like break in the game-n music starts to play like when a movie ends-(real cool music at that/wich u can choose to skip if you like-when you start the next episode there is a recap of the previous episode which leads you into the new one

i like the tone and vibe this game gives off-its great-just feels like your part of a very good tv series.

one of the best stories i've seen in a video game in a bit -
it has me hooked-hope i like the ending though as i heard some people are divided on that

[quote name='FlameOnMe']This game is really a rental... I 1ked it in about 15-16 hours roughly (two play thrus).[/QUOTE]

just buy it n when you get it lock in your trade in with amazon-

there's your rental-

i bought it from them 3 weeks ago for $50 plus 10 credit-locked in tiv for $38

but i have to mail it out this monday-so got about 2 days to pass it-wich i surely will cuz im really digging this game

i wish there was a $20 coupon floating around for this game...I would definitely pick it up then....

[quote name='youenvy']just finished episode 4-i like the story n the way it unfolds like a tv series-after each episode/little cliff hangers--there is like break in the game-n music starts to play like when a movie ends-(real cool music at that/wich u can choose to skip if you like-when you start the next episode there is a recap of the previous episode which leads you into the new one

i like the tone and vibe this game gives off-its great-just feels like your part of a very good tv series.

one of the best stories i've seen in a video game in a bit -
it has me hooked-hope i like the ending though as i heard some people are divided on that[/QUOTE]

That was my opinion of the game. I really liked it. It actually one of my favorite games I have played this year. I actually thought the ending was a good end to this game
Although predictable, it alllowed you to come up with your own conclusions.
. I can't wait for the new episodes to show up.

To talk about the faults... yes the game is around 10-15 hours but other single player games are actually shorter. If you take the time to search out the collectables, then you can add hours to the time. Once you finish the main quest, you can then go back again on Nightmare which will give you more of a challenge since you have to conserve ammo, unlike Normal and Hard where you just blast through. Mix in that the developer is creating more episodes to add to the game... i think it is actually a fairly good buy for a single player game.

Yeah, I agree with the guy earlier who said the single player games will drop in price quickly. This is a cool game I bet, but definitely not worth $40 w/o multiplayer and with all that pay-for-DLC-that's-already-on-the-disc bullsh i t.

[quote name='dylandersen']Yeah, I agree with the guy earlier who said the single player games will drop in price quickly. This is a cool game I bet, but definitely not worth $40 w/o multiplayer and with all that pay-for-DLC-that's-already-on-the-disc bullsh i t.[/QUOTE]

To be fair they're giving you the first DLC for free if you buy it new. I don't think it's already on the disc either because isn't the file 500MB?

[quote name='FlameOnMe']This game is really a rental... I 1ked it in about 15-16 hours roughly (two play thrus).[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. For me, this should have been a rental. I bought into the hype and regret the purchase. It was good but not that good :)

[quote name='harrymcback']Still waiting for Amazon to price match. They're really slow this week.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'd love to avoid the tax.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Same here. I'd love to avoid the tax.[/QUOTE]

Ebay is your friend bought for 33.99 plus 3.99 shipping. Used 3.63 in bing cash back and got another 2.86 bing on it.

bread's done
Back