alan wake 400 msp xbl

Thanks OP, I had not seen this yet. Definitely gonna have to pick up "The Writer" DLC. Already have "The Signal" DLC, along with a GoD copy of the game, and I even still have a sealed copy of the LE. So this should complete the cycle for me!

Yeah, whatever the first DLC was. It was not "The Writer". But I just wanted to mention that I bought the collector's edition several years ago for $40, and I I still haven't opened it.

[quote name='ShadowMillions']Is the DLC any good ? I have heard that the ending doesn't give closure exactly, and the DLC helped do that.[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right. I recommend both DLC. If I remember right, The Signal was the more critical of the two, but considering how cheap they are right now, get them both. You'll enjoy it.

American Nightmare is very good, but not exceptional. Still suggest getting it on sale or not.

[quote name='bigperm81']just saw alan wake the game is 400 msp and both dlc packs are half off, 280 msp i beleave. great deals[/QUOTE]

This is the first I've heard of this. Thank you for posting!!

i loved both games and the dlc. i didnt even mind the cleaver way american nightmare kinda stretched content out, it really is a better game than it should be. im pretty high ranked in the challenge mode to, so come get u some

[quote name='berzirk']You are exactly right. I recommend both DLC. If I remember right, The Signal was the more critical of the two, but considering how cheap they are right now, get them both. You'll enjoy it.

American Nightmare is very good, but not exceptional. Still suggest getting it on sale or not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much. Getting all 4 for $16 doesn't seem so bad. :)

[quote name='ShadowMillions']Thanks very much. Getting all 4 for $16 doesn't seem so bad. :)[/QUOTE]

thats a nice deal, the dlc is high quality too!

Kinda a huge F-U to M$ when its $1 on PC. I don't even have a good enough laptop to play it and I still brought it for Steam. I'm bad. Good deal for the 360 none the less though.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Kinda a huge F-U to M$ when its $1 on PC. I don't even have a good enough laptop to play it and I still brought it for Steam. I'm bad. Good deal for the 360 none the less though.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you think about it, you're only giving Remedy $1, if even that as you can choose how to split your money. Just playing devil's advocate :evil:

But I think in the video they said they asked Microsoft for permission to do this promotion (and the XBL promotion) or something like that.

[quote name='thenutman69321']How is it that so many people who own an Xbox don't check the XBL deals thread every week. Lots of people saying they would have never seen this deal, ya'll should start checking that thread. Plenty of good deals going on all the time.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Oh well.

Which of the dlc's is worth buying, or are they both? Never tried the series but I will buy the main game since it's so cheap. If I like it I may also pick up the arcade version aswell.

Got this game for free a long time ago, but still haven't got a chance to play it yet. Probably gonna get the DLC stuff anyway though.

Alan Wake is well worth 400 MSP if you haven't played it and you are into single player games you should definitely download it, best suspense game ever.

Not sure what to do here. I've never played AW and I'm definitely buying the original for $5, but I can't decide if I should also get the DLC and AN.

I guess the question is HOW much am I missing out on by just buying the original? Does the DLC and AN really add that much more to the experience? I'm trying to be the ultimate CAG and spend as little as possible here, but I don't want to regret skipping the extra content when it's all full price again.:wall:

Thanks, purchased this game off the marketplace today. Game is story driven so far. Hope there is a little more freedom further in the game.

[quote name='arc31181']Not sure what to do here. I've never played AW and I'm definitely buying the original for $5, but I can't decide if I should also get the DLC and AN.

I guess the question is HOW much am I missing out on by just buying the original? Does the DLC and AN really add that much more to the experience? I'm trying to be the ultimate CAG and spend as little as possible here, but I don't want to regret skipping the extra content when it's all full price again.:wall:[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. From the little I've heard the DLC doesn't add a ton of content and AN is a spinoff type story that doesn't have any bearing on the main story.

[quote name='arc31181']Not sure what to do here. I've never played AW and I'm definitely buying the original for $5, but I can't decide if I should also get the DLC and AN.

I guess the question is HOW much am I missing out on by just buying the original? Does the DLC and AN really add that much more to the experience? I'm trying to be the ultimate CAG and spend as little as possible here, but I don't want to regret skipping the extra content when it's all full price again.:wall:[/QUOTE]
Both are sub par to the original game, especially AN. I'd say get the main game and the dlc but as with almost every dlc ever you're not missing that much by not picking it up.

[quote name='MrBigFeathas']I'd like to know this as well. From the little I've heard the DLC doesn't add a ton of content and AN is a spinoff type story that doesn't have any bearing on the main story.[/QUOTE]

The DLC is more about gameplay than story. It doesn't really explain much about the main plot. American Nightmare does have some bearing on the main story, but only at the end really. You could watch that on Youtube. I probably had more fun with the two DLCs than AN gameplay-wise. For these cheap sale prices, I'd just get them all anyway.

This game is awesome and for 400 points ($5) is worth it. The addons for it are cheap too along with the "sequel" Amercan Nightmare. I think you can get EVERYTHING for about 1200 points.

Alan Wake is my FAVORITE 360 game this gen. I hope it goes multi-platform because as of NOW there is no way I am getting the new Xbox.

1. Alan Wake
2. Forza Series
3. Condemned
4. Left 4 Dead series
5. Gears of War Series

Got American Nightmare for 320 points and COJ: Gunslinger for 1200. Woot! MS gave me an extra 400 points because it took them 3 days to deliver my original code for 1200MSP from the 10 dollars off credit.

[quote name='Chin35char']Got American Nightmare for 320 points and COJ: Gunslinger for 1200. Woot! MS gave me an extra 400 points because it took them 3 days to deliver my original code for 1200MSP from the 10 dollars off credit.[/QUOTE]

I used my coupon twice to buy the 1200 point download. It wasn't showing up immediately so I thought it didn't go through. Today, I got an email saying they were sorry and gave me 400 more points on both orders, despite the use of one single coupon.

So $40 MSP for $10. I don't even want anything yet, but still nice.

i check the xbl deals thread every week, i love the fact it gives me a little heads up on upcoming deals. im bad to spend all my msp and that lets me re-up before the deals start. it saves me from having to look for the upcoming deals myself, and thats awesome. this whole site is killer. i used to never shop at best buy, i bought everything at gamestop. now i found all kinds of sites to order from, and have saved alot of money to boot. me, my two sons and wife all love to game, so mad props to cag.

Gotta be honest, now that I know NOTHING will transfer over to the XBox One I'm a little weary to buy anything. I certainly won't be buying any more XBLA games unless they announced a stripped down super cheap XBLA 360 or something.

Alan Wake is one of my favorite games this gen though and while I have all the DLC I never finished it...could be a good time with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc31181
Not sure what to do here. I've never played AW and I'm definitely buying the original for $5, but I can't decide if I should also get the DLC and AN.

I guess the question is HOW much am I missing out on by just buying the original? Does the DLC and AN really add that much more to the experience? I'm trying to be the ultimate CAG and spend as little as possible here, but I don't want to regret skipping the extra content when it's all full price again.

I'd like to know this as well. From the little I've heard the DLC doesn't add a ton of content and AN is a spinoff type story that doesn't have any bearing on the main story.

While I never finished the 2nd DLC the first and what I played of the second are both awesome. AN is also awesome I personally I'd put it right behind the original AW and in front of the DLC. AW is easily one of my favorite games this gen and if you end up liking it then it's DEFINITELY worth it to get all the DLC included AN. If you don't like AW you won't like the DLC, so...

Maybe get AW right away and play it a bit and if you're digging it get the rest of the DLC, if not you're not out extra MSP. All the DLC, even AN, fleshed out the main story a bit so if you enjoy the original it's well worth it.

Executive desision time, I have sealed collectors edition that picked up for $25 way back when. Looks like its going for $90ish, should I buy the downloadable version and possibly hang in to sealed copy and sell off laters

[quote name='meta460085']Executive desision time, I have sealed collectors edition that picked up for $25 way back when. Looks like its going for $90ish, should I buy the downloadable version and possibly hang in to sealed copy and sell off laters[/QUOTE]

The collector's edition is IMO one of the TRUE "collector's" editions out there. The book is really cool and so is the commentary stuff (or honestly I forget what all is there I just remember it was cool). If you're planning on selling it of course keep it sealed, but if you're a fan of the game open up the CE and enjoy it.

[quote name='JKSonic']The collector's edition is IMO one of the TRUE "collector's" editions out there. The book is really cool and so is the commentary stuff (or honestly I forget what all is there I just remember it was cool). If you're planning on selling it of course keep it sealed, but if you're a fan of the game open up the CE and enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

It also has the jacket and scarf which was massively popular for a while.

I agree. It is the one CE that I am very happy I got as the book and commentary is actually really cool.

i got the ce edition a few months back at gamestop, it wasnt sealed or anything because it had been on display for two plus years, but was still very happy with it. they wanted like 69 bucks for it. the manager said if id buy it he would give me 20 dollars off or so. unsure what he did but i think i paid like 45 total. in the end it saved me a lil more since i gave the unopened copy i had picked up at kmart awhile back to my brother for his bday. like the commercail says thats a win win

bread's done
Back