Alan Wake 45.69, LE 68.04 @ Amazon

downsouthtigger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I want to say thanks to Shipwreck on his Preview on the signal. It seems he posted the link there first.
Read his preview here

Alan wake available through Amazon for 39.89. However fulfillment is through Gogamer, so shipping is 5.80 so total is 45.69. Still better than I've found anywhere, and $14 off retail. If you are looking for a used copy, Warehouse deals has 2 copies starting at 35.99. They are eligible for FSSS and/or Prime, and are in like new/very good condition.

Link to Amazon

However if you check the price for the limited edition it has dropped to $68.04, which is also eligible for FSSS or prime.

I know this may drop more soon, but with the signal just being released some may want it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been this price for about a week or so now. I picked up the LE, even though I already had the regular version. Easily my favorite game in a while, and one that seems to be criminally overlooked by the general public.

If you're a fan at all, the Alan Wake LE is very nice. The soundtrack is lackluster, as it's about 10 or 11 tracks, a mix between songs and score. That, though, was the only part of the package I was disappointed in. Overall package is great, with the 'Alan Wake Files' being particularly nice. The documentaries are interesting, too, which shouldn't be shocking for a game that had such a long development cycle.

In addition to that, I recommend this: http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Col...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280332728&sr=8-2

The guide itself is written like a book, so it's interesting, but the great part of this is art/development book 'Alan Wake: Illuminated'. Covers a lot of the same stuff as the documentaries, but it's hardcover and high quality. You get both for $24, which is actually about a dollar less than the artbook itself sells for.

Sorry for my pimping of goods, but I really, truly, loved this game... such a shame that sales have been extremely lackluster.

Question:

Is this CE fairly common? Or should I jump on it now? I'm pretty sure I'll like the game, but don't know if I should wait for the CE price to drop.

Edit after 007's post: I'd try the amazon thing myself, but it's messing up for me. The Order game part is gone and it skips straight to the related media.

Edit 2: Oh, I could add 999, does Amazon use that system for stuff? For adding 999 it'll adjust to actual stock?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Question:

Is this CE fairly common? Or should I jump on it now? I'm pretty sure I'll like the game, but don't know if I should wait for the CE price to drop.[/QUOTE]

Amazon seems to have a fair amount of them left, so I don't think rarity will be an issue with these. I obviously didn't check out all the way, but it let me add close to 1000 to my cart.

(You can check Amazon stock that way, right?)

[quote name='uscommander']how is this a deal?[/QUOTE]

Because the price for the standard version is $20 less than at most other places and the LE is $11 cheaper than normal.

Threadcrap somewhere else please.

This may be the best game I've played this year.

I picked up the LE a month or so ago when Gamestop has it for under $60. Well worth it for under $70. It's a beautiful package.

[quote name='uscommander']how is this a deal?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mblackwl']Because the price for the standard version is $20 less than at most other places and the LE is $11 cheaper than normal.

Threadcrap somewhere else please.[/QUOTE]
It was $32 last week at GG ($35 after shipping) and there was plenty of stock. A week before that it was $35 at Kmart (not including tax). Maybe that's why uscommander didn't consider this much of a deal.

Amazing game, playing through it right now after picking it up from GG.

Every CE comes out with way too many, except Blizzard ones. The Blizzard ones with pets for WoW are the only ones that sell out. Let Halo 3 LE be a lesson to all those who would buy a superduper edition on launch day.

Don't do it. You'll find it for lower.

Alan Wake was always destined to drop in price like a rock. A SP-only game that is short and gets monotonous by the end will do that. Especially when it releases in the same period of time as Red Dead Redemption and doesn't sell very well.

Low sales + single player-only + short = price drops not long after release.

Imo.

[quote name='lilman']It was $32 last week at GG ($35 after shipping) and there was plenty of stock. A week before that it was $35 at Kmart (not including tax). Maybe that's why uscommander didn't consider this much of a deal.[/QUOTE]

I do realize it has been on sale at those other places. The reason I posted is that this is the cheapest Ive seen on Amazon, especially for the LE. Many of us have tons of Amazon Credit. This is an amazing game and I want to pick it up myself. I don't have credit at GG or Kmart, so paying nothing and not using all my Amazon credit = win to me.

bread's done
Back