Alan Wake download code $5.95 free shipping at Amazon (3rd party)

Jumped on it. I've heard mixed things about Alan Wake, but I'm already waffling on the purchase of this Xbox so I figure I should try all the exclusive titles I can. One has gotta spark my interest.

Got this. I played through the game and 1st dlc and still need to play the 2nd dlc. I usually install all my games to my hd now, so I guess a download code makes more sense than owning the disc.

Well sure the game is only $6 but you forgot to mention the $5 shipping.... wait, what? FREE SHIPPING!? Sorry guys, force of habit.

The game is a GREAT deal at $6 IMO, I gotta be honest though I was a bit disappointed to play the game and find out they scrapped the open-world elements

Very tempting. I would prefer to have the disk version though because I like collecting game boxes. Gah! Loved the game and already played through it four times at release. Still need to play the DLC!

I loved AW. The ending sucks but the game is loads of fun.

As far as these codes? MS printed a lot to go into Xbox bundles when they decided to bundle the Xbox with AW. I think a lot of these "fell off the truck," as it were.

[quote name='DaShaka']If you prefer the Disk based version with DLC Voucher, Gamefly has it for $12.99 with Free Shipping.

http://www.gamefly.com/game/xbox-360/Alan-Wake/138855/

I prefer to save the space on my hard drive, I like having a physical copy, and the DLC Voucher is nice to have. Just ordered a copy from gamefly myself. [/QUOTE]

aaahh I always forget about GF. I was so excited about finally catching a good amazon deal i pulled the trigger without thinking. maybe ill buy it anyway and sell my code to a friend

[quote name='metallicoholic']Does the digital download come with the free DLC like the disc version does?[/QUOTE]
Nope, the Games on Demand version does not come with the free DLC (The Signal) packaged inside the retail version.
[quote name='aus_nacht']I figure that if I like it I can pick up the dlc on sale this Christmas[/QUOTE]
Whoa...wait. THIS Christmas? Do ya know something or are ya just making an assumption based on last years sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks much OP! I'm planning to upgrade my HDD to 320GB when Modern Warfare 3 hits so I'll have plenty of space for this and the rest of the downloads I've had to delete over time.

Decided to snag one. BTW, this will be a download, not install, since you'll only get a code. I shudder to think how long it will take for my DSL to DL over 6 gigs...lol.

Seems to be $6 now - still, I snagged one. These are just sort of showing up from random sellers so hopefully they are all "quality" Amazon sellers...

[quote name='Blade']You can sign up for Bing Rewards (http://www.bing.com/rewards) to earn points, and once you hit 541, you can redeem for a $5 Amazon gift card. They used to give 250 points as soon as you signed up, which meant you could usually get the free $5 in 1-2 weeks. Now, they've lowered it to only 20. You can still use it in any browser, but it takes longer. I have around $40 after purchasing this.

Of course. The only difference between the gift card and credit is that the credit expires.[/QUOTE]

you can also use swagbucks. works similar. around 450 points you get a 5 buck gc at amazon

Whoa...wait. THIS Christmas? Do ya know something or are ya just making an assumption based on last years sale.[/QUOTE]

I made an assumption. It's not guaranteed but it's just what I was thinking when I made a purchase. Besides at full price it's 7 dollars (560 points) + 6 dollars for the game dl = 13 dollars which is the same price as gamefly.

Maybe it won't be on sale this Christmas but it's a pretty safe assumption that it will be on sale sometime this year.

[quote name='NoDAK']Whoa...wait. THIS Christmas? Do ya know something or are ya just making an assumption based on last years sale.[/QUOTE]

I made an assumption. It's not guaranteed but it's just what I was thinking when I made a purchase. Besides at full price it's 7 dollars (560 points) + 6 dollars for the game dl = 13 dollars which is the same price as gamefly.

Maybe it won't be on sale this Christmas but it's a pretty safe assumption that it will be on sale sometime this year.

lol! theres one guy selling it for $6.70 and free shipping and another guy selling it for 1 cent and charging $6.70 for shipping! Too bad the cent one wasn't amazon prime eligible lol.

bread's done
Back