Alan Wake Limited Edition (360) $39.99 at Amazon

aaron50

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18049[/IMG-R]Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
:360: Alan Wake Limited Edition $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, this should be exciting to watch as UPS manages to delay my package. It shipped from the Amazon warehouse in Lexington this morning, where it will be moved to the UPS sorting facility right next door, at which point it needs to be put on a truck and carted a total of perhaps half a mile. Maybe I'll get it next week.

I been watching this for days debating..... I should just bite the bullet and buy it.... If I hadn't of gamefly'ed it before I probably would have already.

My finally shipped...and some people already have theirs; WTF?! I ordered at like 10 in the morning the day the deal was posted!

My kindle also shipped though! I can't wait to get that bitch!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']My finally shipped...and some people already have theirs; WTF?! I ordered at like 10 in the morning the day the deal was posted!

My kindle also shipped though! I can't wait to get that bitch![/QUOTE]
I have free amazon prime because I'm a college student. They ship from Kentucky and I'm in Indiana so it doesn't take too long to receive.

[quote name='el swordo']I have free amazon prime because I'm a college student. They ship from Kentucky and I'm in Indiana so it doesn't take too long to receive.[/QUOTE]

I live in Tennessee and also have free student amazon prime.

I ordered yesterday and it shipped this morning. I wonder if the original purchases are being linked to a shipment that isn't in yet?

It'll come. Ordered mine Monday and got my shipping confirmation this morning. I have Prime and it'll be here tomorrow. Can't wait! Just in time for the weekend.

Ordered mine yesterday morning and it still is processing although it says "Delivery Estimate September 17." I have Prime as well. Hopefully it'll ship today or tomorrow.

Just sent my regular Alan Wake into Amazon. If they get it and this is still in stock and $40 I'm so down. Otherwise I just traded in Alan Wake...whoops.

Just received my copy a few hours ago and I have to say this is such an underrated game.Sad that it didnt sell as much but either way Im glad I jumped on this deal

Thanks again op! :D

Decided to pull the trigger on this. Got my $40 in credit today from trade-ins from the Blockbuster B1G1 a couple weeks ago and locked in my standard edition I paid $19.99 plus $20 coupon for at KMart for $21...so paying $19 in Amazon credit to upgrade my standard to LE sounded good enough to me...

[quote name='n4styn4t3']How many freaking copies of the LE does Amazon have? I can't believe this deal is still live.[/QUOTE]

Makes me think we'll see this even lower, and soon...

Not opening my copy until they run out of stock or the deal ends. Don't want to open the game now and be screwed the next day if/when this goes lower. Plus, no rush for me since I double dipped on Alan Wake with this awesome LE.

[quote name='grizbo']Makes me think we'll see this even lower, and soon...[/QUOTE]

It is an interesting thought. Makes me want to keep mine sealed until I am ready to dive in.

On another note, does anyone know if the included book is supposed to be read before or after playing the game? Is the book all of the pages you find in the game or something else?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't really see them dropping the price further unless they absolutely have to to get rid of these fast. At this price, it's still going to sell out sooner rather than later.

I just received an email that mine has been FINALLY shipped, and that I only paid $19.99 for it (used the $20 credit from Metroid: Other M)

Can't wait!

[quote name='thedream77']Crap another 5-star deal I had to pull the trigger on. I wake up, check CAG, presto a game I had no intention of buying until 1 minute ago is now being shipped to my house.[/QUOTE]

You know, the exact same thing happened to me. :p

Mine came in yesterday and I am pretty happy with it! Seems cool. Although I wish the set would stay "closed" without the aid of a slipcover.

Man this game has a terrible opening tutorial level. Pretty much ruins the game's atmosphere and it becomes a little hard to take it seriously. Then the game starts.

[quote name='ZForce915']It is an interesting thought. Makes me want to keep mine sealed until I am ready to dive in.

On another note, does anyone know if the included book is supposed to be read before or after playing the game? Is the book all of the pages you find in the game or something else?[/QUOTE]

I have the same question. Anyone have an idea?

[quote name='SoulPatch']I have the same question. Anyone have an idea?[/QUOTE]

I'm still searching out the answer. I've sent out a couple of emails and I'll let you know if I find out.

[quote name='DarkPGR']I just received an email that mine has been FINALLY shipped, and that I only paid $19.99 for it (used the $20 credit from Metroid: Other M)

Can't wait![/QUOTE]

Somewhat off topic, but it is always interesting to me how people use credit to calculate the cost of a game. In the above case, the author obviously assumes full price for Metroid, and then uses the credit to reduce the cost of the next game. Myself, on the other hand, always use the credit to "reduce" the price of the original game in my head. I would claim to have paid $30 for Metroid and $40 for Alan Wake. Obviously there is no difference at the end of the day except for the mindset. To me, taking the discount off the first game stops me from buying games that are not a good deal by "double applying" the discount in my head. I.e. Someone buys Metroid because it is a great deal with $20 rebate and then when they buy some other game at retail they consider it a great deal because they used a $20 rebate. In reality only one of them was a deal.

Thoughts?

[quote name='yzass69']
Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Either way is legitimate. Personally I count it towards the game I actually spend the credit on (often because the game which netted the credit was already paid off) but it works the other way. I do know some people who count it as a discount on both games though, which is obviously wrong.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Don't read the book or manuscripts until you complete the game is what my friend told me.[/QUOTE]
For real. What a stupid concept to include spoilers in the game itself.

[quote name='Jodou']For real. What a stupid concept to include spoilers in the game itself.[/QUOTE]

uhhh no. the manuscript IN GAME actually provides you with clues and background info. I thought it was rather well done. :applause: You could always choose not to read them.

As for the LE book, i dont know.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Don't read the book or manuscripts until you complete the game is what my friend told me.[/QUOTE]

You're friend is half right. Don't read the book in the L.E. until you beat the game. It's set after the events of the game.

The in-game manuscripts can be read either afterwards or while you're playing. It won't ruin the experience either way.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You're friend is half right. Don't read the book in the L.E. until you beat the game. It's set after the events of the game.

The in-game manuscripts can be read either afterwards or while you're playing. It won't ruin the experience either way.[/QUOTE]

Hm... Okay. I guess I'll read the manuscripts then. Collectibles like that are usually my favorite things to collect in games.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The in-game manuscripts can be read either afterwards or while you're playing. It won't ruin the experience either way.[/QUOTE]
It's not well thought out since it breaks the flow of the game (walk a few steps, find a page, enter menu to read/listen, repeat) and DOES contain spoilers about upcoming events. It's like having that annoying person who has already seen the movie in the room when you're watching it for the first time and they keep dropping hints about what's about to happen or flat out tell you. In fact, that's a perfect comparison of what the manuscript pages are.

[quote name='yzass69']Somewhat off topic, but it is always interesting to me how people use credit to calculate the cost of a game. In the above case, the author obviously assumes full price for Metroid, and then uses the credit to reduce the cost of the next game. Myself, on the other hand, always use the credit to "reduce" the price of the original game in my head. I would claim to have paid $30 for Metroid and $40 for Alan Wake. Obviously there is no difference at the end of the day except for the mindset. To me, taking the discount off the first game stops me from buying games that are not a good deal by "double applying" the discount in my head. I.e. Someone buys Metroid because it is a great deal with $20 rebate and then when they buy some other game at retail they consider it a great deal because they used a $20 rebate. In reality only one of them was a deal.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I always assume I paid full price for the first game, and apply the gift card/discount to the next games. But I'm still as frugal with gift cards as I am with my own money. I think what these companies have realized is that people spend gift cards more freely than their own money. I don't think people are as cautious with the gift cards when looking at deals, since they look at it as the money out of pocket right at that moment. I agree, if you use a $20 credit to spend on a full retail game, only one of the games was a deal.

[quote name='bvharris'] I do know some people who count it as a discount on both games though, which is obviously wrong.[/QUOTE]

I've seen that mentality too.

[quote name='msdmoney']I always assume I paid full price for the first game, and apply the gift card/discount to the next games. But I'm still as frugal with gift cards as I am with my own money. I think what these companies have realized is that people spend gift cards more freely than their own money. I don't think people are as cautious with the gift cards when looking at deals, since they look at it as the money out of pocket right at that moment. I agree, if you use a $20 credit to spend on a full retail game, only one of the games was a deal.
[/QUOTE]

I'd say it definitely does result in some of that, which is why it's such a great policy for Amazon. Personally I don't really buy anything with them I wouldn't have otherwise, but I do pre-order quite a few games and the credit offers are definitely an incentive to continue doing so with Amazon. They get more of my business, and I save some money, everybody wins - I think it's a brilliant strategy on their part.

[quote name='Jodou']It's not well thought out since it breaks the flow of the game (walk a few steps, find a page, enter menu to read/listen, repeat) and DOES contain spoilers about upcoming events. It's like having that annoying person who has already seen the movie in the room when you're watching it for the first time and they keep dropping hints about what's about to happen or flat out tell you. In fact, that's a perfect comparison of what the manuscript pages are.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to read them except for maybe the first one. It just prompts you to hit back if you want to read it then. You can read them anytime at the main menu or the pause screen. Not all of the manuscript pages are events of what you are going to play. A good portion of them are things happening on the side that fill in the story.

It's just personal preference but I really liked the manuscript aspect of the game as it was something different. Hearing Wake's voice more just set the mood for me.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You don't have to read them except for maybe the first one. It just prompts you to hit back if you want to read it then. You can read them anytime at the main menu or the pause screen. Not all of the manuscript pages are events of what you are going to play. A good portion of them are things happening on the side that fill in the story.

It's just personal preference but I really liked the manuscript aspect of the game as it was something different. Hearing Wake's voice more just set the mood for me.[/QUOTE]
And I agree, if it were handled better. Problem is, you don't know when they're going to drop hints and when it's just narrative.

[quote name='draven1089']Any one want to start a Alan Wake LE Train for the bonus disc for the avatar award?????[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone isn't going to pony up the dough for the LE :D

bread's done
Back