Alan Wake Limited Edition (360) $39.99 at Amazon

aaron50

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18049[/IMG-R]Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
:360: Alan Wake Limited Edition $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSUHitman']You're friend is half right. Don't read the book in the L.E. until you beat the game. It's set after the events of the game.

The in-game manuscripts can be read either afterwards or while you're playing. It won't ruin the experience either way.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that info MSU

[quote name='ZForce915']Sounds like someone isn't going to pony up the dough for the LE :D[/QUOTE]

LOL, I have the regular edition. No point in buy it twice just for some avatar gear.

Ah man, Alan Wake sticks out on my shelf pretty far. I really wanted this to fit next to my games, but just larger but instead I'm not sure where I can put it. That is a bit of a downer.

Well the verdict is that I just can't put this next to my other games because it looks awful. So I put it on the bookshelf sans slip cover. I suppose it makes most sense to take the game out and put that with my other games, although even that doesn't match the other cases.

But other than the awkward size this is one of the finest and classiest limited editions I've ever seen.

[quote name='draven1089']LOL, I have the regular edition. No point in buy it twice just for some avatar gear.[/QUOTE]

But I guess it's okay to pirate the content instead...:roll:

[quote name='Ruahrc']But I guess it's okay to pirate the content instead...:roll:[/QUOTE]

He doesn't want to pirate the disc, he wants to borrow it to play the content that is only available on that disk (I think there is an achievement attached to it as well).

At least that is what I think he meant.

[quote name='Ruahrc']But I guess it's okay to pirate the content instead...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Please. We're talking about some avatar gear? Who cares?

Well, I ordered it on Monday and it finally says "shipping soon" :p , sheesh, they must have this game wedged away in some weird warehouse, even though it is super save shipping, they usually get it out faster than this :p .

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's just personal preference but I really liked the manuscript aspect of the game as it was something different. Hearing Wake's voice more just set the mood for me.[/QUOTE]

You're definitely not alone. It's one of the things that makes Alan Wake really stand out. And to me, it spoiled absolutely nothing at all, because that is how the story was constructed. You're suppose to know what's going to happen. It's not like you read the plot summary or had a friend tell you. The game itself is laying these things out because they want you to know.

[quote name='spincut']Well, I ordered it on Monday and it finally says "shipping soon" :p , sheesh, they must have this game wedged away in some weird warehouse, even though it is super save shipping, they usually get it out faster than this :p .[/QUOTE]

Actually I think they tend to be very slow with super saver shipping any time they have a great price on something.
Try ordering a Gold box or lightning deal. Those take well over a week to be put into shipping status if you use Super saver shipping.

Mine shipped the day I ordered it- Tuesday- and was supposed to arrive today. There is no tracking information after September 15 at 6-something A.M., and it's supposedly being shipped via "OnTrac", which I've never heard of, rather than UPS as has been the case with everything I've ever ordered from Amazon. Something's not right here.

[quote name='Matt Young']Mine shipped the day I ordered it- Tuesday- and was supposed to arrive today. There is no tracking information after September 15 at 6-something A.M., and it's supposedly being shipped via "OnTrac", which I've never heard of, rather than UPS as has been the case with everything I've ever ordered from Amazon. Something's not right here.[/QUOTE]

Could be a regional shipper? They can be a bit cheaper then others sometimes.

I got mine in today after ordering it on Tuesday night(free prime!) and this is one of the nicer LE's I've seen as far as packaging. The felt-like book is pretty nifty! This game is thick with atmosphere though, wow. Not since The Darkness has a game created such an and immersive game world and narrative. I'm only about 45-1 hour in, but it's pretty awesome, EASILY worth the $15.98 I paid for it,

It's regional as in the western United States:

https://www.ontrac.com/

But the fact that Amazon's never shipped anything to me via this method and the lack of tracking information worries me. Here's what Amazon's tracking info says:

Shipment Date: September 14, 2010
Destination: MORENO VALLEY, CA, United States
Estimated Arrival: September 16, 2010

Track your package
Date Time Location Event Details
September 15, 2010 05:40:00 AM Toledo OH US Departure Scan
September 15, 2010 01:16:00 AM Indianapolis IN US Shipment received by carrier

Ontrac's site has even less info:

Detailed Tracking Info:
Transaction Date / Time Facility
DATA ENTRY Sep 14 2010 5:26PM Reno

Deliver To: Matt Young
Service Commitment Time: 9/16/2010 8:00 PM

Chances are that I'll get it tomorrow, and I didn't even pay extra for the shipping since I have Amazon Prime, but the lack of info and the differences between the 2 sites' information kind of worries me.

OnTrac is hit and miss depending on your area. Some people hate them, I love them as they get my stuff to me 99% of the time overnight (instead of 2-day with Prime) and usually it arrives by 9am, although not always.

It's 2 a.m. here in the east coast and I just started playing it this evening. Gotta say, this games is really creepy if you're playing it in the middle of the night alone in your room. Haha

[quote name='Ratfoot']Got mine today, not sure if I want to open it now.[/QUOTE]

Is it ticking?

I think mine shipped before I had a chance to think about it more. Probably should have held off - it's been a long time since I spent this much for a game - but I'll move on and hopefully enjoy it. I look at it as my contribution to Tai's college fund.

[quote name='Justin42']OnTrac is hit and miss depending on your area. Some people hate them, I love them as they get my stuff to me 99% of the time overnight (instead of 2-day with Prime) and usually it arrives by 9am, although not always.[/QUOTE]

same here ontrac has been absolutely gold for me

yeah i love ontrac as well since I get my packages before noon.

With ups its like 6pm =(

Now to be on topic, this was a great game

I pulled the trigger on this since I had a $25 Amazon gift card and the LE contents look pretty sweet. Looks like a game I'd really enjoy and I can't wait to start playing it!

Mine is still scheduled to ship on Monday. I should have it by the middle of next week. I can't wait. I just finished Bioshock 2 and I'm looking for another adventure game to play.

So if you already own the reg edition is this worth the double dip? I would trade in or sell my Alan Wake copy ans keep the LE

[quote name='joshnorm']So if you already own the reg edition is this worth the double dip? I would trade in or sell my Alan Wake copy ans keep the LE[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say...yes. The LE won't fit on your shelf (if you're using a standard media type shelf) so the LE can go on your bookshelf or with any other limited editions or collectibles.

Alan Wake on my bookshelf

Unrelated note, does anyone know where I could get a replacement stopper for that decanter on the top left of my bookshelf? :)

[quote name='Ratfoot']Got mine today, not sure if I want to open it now.[/QUOTE]

Your profile shows that you are playing it, I hope you opened it up and enjoyed the creamy Alan Wake-y goodness inside.

[quote name='eau']Does the DLC download voucher included in the LE have an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it does or not, but I've read from multiple places that even if the cards have expiration dates, they don't expire. This was a question that came up with the Dragon Age DLC that came with a new copy of the game.

I received mine today. Not being a big fan of LE's (all I really want is the game), I was really surprised just how freakin' cool this set is. The packaging and the book alone makes this easily worth the $40. Impressive stuff, that I wish more developers would emulate this style..

Well the good news is it looks like more devs are following suit. The unboxing of the Fable 3 LE looks nice and very book like

Is it the same publisher or no?

[quote name='joshnorm']Well the good news is it looks like more devs are following suit. The unboxing of the Fable 3 LE looks nice and very book like[/QUOTE]

Amazon didn't do the best job of packaging it. Mine's not damaged, but it quite possibly could have been. It was just rattling around inside a box that was too big for it.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']So I've got this in my cart and still havent jumped on it.....is the price ever gonna get lower?[/QUOTE]

I think it's possible we can see it cheaper during Black Friday but right now I don't think so.

Got this with my Metroid: Other M $20 credit. At 19.99, it really is kind of a no-brainer. What's really weird is that I saw this deal on Reddit before I saw it on CAG.

Trying really hard to resist......I rented it from gamefly when it came out and almost got the 1000 cheese.

It was a really really good game, i think i'll wait for the LE to drop even more, hopefully.

But hopefully it also doesn't become the next Force Unleashed LE which is now a bit rare and overpriced. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Don't worry so much man, it's coming. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

Well... you were wrong. Amazon still lists the same tracking info, and now Ontrac, after listing a "Service Commitment Time" of 8 P.M. last night, now says, "Package yet to be tendered to OnTrac.". I have written to both Ontrac and Amazon complaining. 2 day shipping, yet it's been 3 days and now the carrier claims they've never received the package. Brilliant.

Amazon responded by saying, "Wait till September 20th and then maybe we'll see if we can do something about it." Ontrac hasn't responded to me, but when they claim they haven't even received the item, what am I supposed to do? This is bullshit.

[quote name='Matt Young']Well... you were wrong. Amazon still lists the same tracking info, and now Ontrac, after listing a "Service Commitment Time" of 8 P.M. last night, now says, "Package yet to be tendered to OnTrac.". I have written to both Ontrac and Amazon complaining. 2 day shipping, yet it's been 3 days and now the carrier claims they've never received the package. Brilliant.[/QUOTE]

I hate when amazon messes up shipping. I normally get my stuff overnight with two day shipping though.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wait until the 20th?[/QUOTE]

No. I am not waiting till 1 week afetr my order when I chose 2 day shipping and Amazon and Ontrac's tracking info contradict each other. This isn't service at all. They're literally doing nothing.

Amazon's always been great, but this Ontrac company is very shady, saying up till last night that the package was on its way and now saying they've never received it. I'm just shocked that Amazon refuses to do anything but tell me to wait.

[quote name='Matt Young']No. I am not waiting till 1 week afetr my order when I chose 2 day shipping and Amazon and Ontrac's tracking info contradict each other. This isn't service at all. They're literally doing nothing.

Amazon's always been great, but this Ontrac company is very shady, saying up till last night that the package was on its way and now saying they've never received it. I'm just shocked that Amazon refuses to do anything but tell me to wait.[/QUOTE]

Dude the 20th is Monday. What do you expect them to do? Overnight you a package?

They might end up doing that eventually but for now they'd rather not have two packages show up at your house and have you return one.

In the end, Amazon will probably refund you the 2 day shipping cost and apologize and probably give you some gc or credit. Shit happens. Given Amazon's awesome track record, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Come on man, stop crying like they raped your xbox and left a stain.

bread's done
Back