Alan Wake - Limited Edition $39.96 at Walmart

This LE has an audio commentary. I've only played the first episode with it on, but already it's been pretty interesting. I wish more games would do that. I've played every Valve game with commentary on my second play and my first time through Monkey Island 2 SE, since I'd played the original game about 10x before.

This game is amazing!! Maybe I'm just cheap, but I'm surprised LE is still this high.

I've already played the game (and loaned it to my sister-in-law) and I;m thinking of buying it again just for the extras. I'm not a big fan of LE/CEs in general, but the book seems really interesting to me.

I got this on amazon's pre-black Friday sale. Really great game. Has anyone heard any updates on the download game that is to be released this summer?

Got mine a little while back for about this price. It's a really cool CE and all the material inside is worth reading. I kinda with they would have added in something a little more concrete like a flashlight or something but the case itself is pretty awesome.

[quote name='JKSonic']Got mine a little while back for about this price. It's a really cool CE and all the material inside is worth reading. I kinda with they would have added in something a little more concrete like a flashlight or something but the case itself is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

Sure they could have given you a cheap looking flashlight (see Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition), but what you got was something I have never seen in a game before, in-game-commentary!

This CE/LE (or whatever) comes with a video pop up while you play the game while the developer discusses various tidbits.

I'll take the flashlight, you take the commentary. If I'm interested in commentary, I'd just look it up on YouTube for free. To get back on topic I believe you also get some sweet looking gear for you avatar too with this edition.

[quote name='loc0bob']I'll take the flashlight, you take the commentary. If I'm interested in commentary, I'd just look it up on YouTube for free. To get back on topic I believe you also get some sweet looking gear for you avatar too with this edition.[/QUOTE]

So you'd "steal" it instead... Besides, had they made the flashlight instead of the commentary you would not be able to watch it on youtube.

Anyhow, people don't think the book add-in is concrete enough? As I understand, it's pretty thick and actually includes a lot of quality content.

I saw this at $29.99 at best buy....not sure if its just my store though. I really want to get it but I already have the game and dl both the extras. I love this game. Highly recommend it.

yeah may still be a little high. however i will say, this is my favorite l.e that i own, i really like the packaging, the book is an interesting read, and it has alot of neat content on disc(s) HOWEVER i bought it at this price months ago and can see it getting cheaper. still a very nice collector's edition though.

you actually unlock avatar clothes for having the limited edition disc too, probably the easiest avatar award you can unlock, if you have the limited edition that is lol.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Pretty sure this has been on sale for like $24 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

No it hasn't. It was $30 for a black friday week day.

bread's done
Back