Alan Wake Limited Edition at Walmart.com $19.99

Argg...I ordered one when it was 30 for instore pickup. Ordered another one at 23 and I guess I'm just not picking it up. I paid partly with gift card. Does anyone know how they refund that? Because I may have thrown away the original gift card.

my wallet is begging to stop buying games....but deals like this are just one chance...grabbed one......

so glad I jumped back in this thread.

gonna return my $29.99 once it gets to the store and keep the $19.99 when that gets into store.

anyone know if they price match their own website after you order? I ordered last week and with the $10 difference, will they credit me in store? I don't want the hassle of having to return it and order another copy off the website if I don't have to.

Has anyone actually picked this up yet? I'm concerned that it says LE on the site but the picture is of standard. Knowing how shady walmart is, I'd hate to show up and get the SE and be in for a day of customer service.

I called CS and they checked the price and said I should receive a refund of $10.98 in 3-5 business days. I just checked my order details and the price adjustment refund is reflected there.

[quote name='Zin_LG']I called CS and they checked the price and said I should receive a refund of $10.98 in 3-5 business days. I just checked my order details and the price adjustment refund is reflected there.[/QUOTE]

many thanks. I did not see a number to call, but I did send an email. We shall see!

[quote name='emozolik']many thanks. I did not see a number to call, but I did send an email. We shall see![/QUOTE]

I had to google it to find it. 1-800-Walmart (1-800-925-6278)

wow thanks for the update, grabbing another to keep sealed.
and did you notice free shipping to a fedex office location? works great for me!
now to pursue my $10 back on the first order...

thanks for posting the 800 number

Thanks, actually don't have a walmart I can get to without going over a bridge so I just shipped it. 1.95 is cheaper then the bridge tolls here.

Just called walmart.com at the number provided above. She checked for the rollback price and adjusted it. On the original order it now shows a rollback of -10.xx. She said it would be refunded in 2-3 business days. Thanks for the heads up, even sweeter deal at 20 bucks!

I just emailed CS about a refund or credit. We'll see what happens and thanks for the heads up on the price change.

Ahhhh i own the regular one with all DLC should i buy the LE ahhhhhh....

I do not see myself playing this really much after i finish the dlc achievement god knows when. This would be just a collectable item but limited in space. I just keep getting CE when i got a reg ver and never take games to sell or trade so they just stay in my racks. :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Ahhhh i own the regular one with all DLC should i buy the LE ahhhhhh....

I do not see myself playing this really much after i finish the dlc achievement god knows when. This would be just a collectable item but limited in space. I just keep getting CE when i got a reg ver and never take games to sell or trade so they just stay in my racks. :)[/QUOTE]

This CE is a cool CE. As such I bought it and have the regular also

wow calling for $10 was a long azz pain!
make sure you tell them it's a rollback (which it is) as that is the only way they supposedly can credit you back

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']This is an absolute no-brainer at $20...[/QUOTE]

this. one of my top atmospheric games on the 360.

[quote name='donut']wow calling for $10 was a long azz pain!
make sure you tell them it's a rollback (which it is) as that is the only way they supposedly can credit you back[/QUOTE]

How long is the hold time? I'm at 9 mins and counting.

damn i said screw it and went to buy it and sold out. It says something like not enough stock for 1 copy... I had to wait and kept exiting the final page of checkout like 3 times last hour or so. :)

Edit: Now i get this

We were unable to fulfill your request.
The server encountered an unexpected error. Please try again in a few minutes

[quote name='confoosious']How long is the hold time? I'm at 9 mins and counting.[/QUOTE]

First call over 20 (finally young lady said her computer was down and I needed to call back????...no transfer option...?)
Called back and most likely 15+ at first rep said no ... but then admitted IF it was a rollback, only then credit could be issued ...

just my luck... hopefully others are able to have less hassle

[quote name='confoosious']It doesn't look sold out from here.

Anyway, the magic word as someone else noted is "rollback." Got $10 back.[/QUOTE]
I guess i might of not explained right it says instock but when you put it in cart you either get it in there or error saying not enough stock and have to save for later or remove. Then when it does go in you get the error when you click checkout. You have to check fully to see if stuff is instock sites showing instock does not always let you checkout. Just a note for another time. I hope more come in i tried on chrome and firefox and had other friends say the same thing. I had this long ago and they say stuff sells out but takes time for the site to update to show out of stock. GL i wasted enough time on this item. I could of made $30-40 from the time i wasted. :) The hunt is what these days. But i do not buy more then one and flip stuff i am not into that.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I guess i might of not explained right it says instock but when you put it in cart you either get it in there or error saying not enough stock and have to save for later or remove. Then when it does go in you get the error when you click checkout. You have to check fully to see if stuff is instock sites showing instock does not always let you checkout. Just a note for another time. I hope more come in i tried on chrome and firefox and had other friends say the same thing. I had this long ago and they say stuff sells out but takes time for the site to update to show out of stock. GL i wasted enough time on this item. I could of made $30-40 from the time i wasted. :) The hunt is what these days. But i do not buy more then one and flip stuff i am not into that.[/QUOTE]

Strange my order went thru less than 5 minutes ago. Did you try free ship with site to store? That's what I did and it placed my order no problem.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I guess i might of not explained right it says instock but when you put it in cart you either get it in there or error saying not enough stock and have to save for later or remove. Then when it does go in you get the error when you click checkout. You have to check fully to see if stuff is instock sites showing instock does not always let you checkout. Just a note for another time. I hope more come in i tried on chrome and firefox and had other friends say the same thing. I had this long ago and they say stuff sells out but takes time for the site to update to show out of stock. GL i wasted enough time on this item. I could of made $30-40 from the time i wasted. :) The hunt is what these days. But i do not buy more then one and flip stuff i am not into that.[/QUOTE]

I just went through it from the beginning and it takes me all the way to the place order page. For obvious reasons, I did not click on place order.

I called walmart.com. I didn't have to wait long to talk to a rep and have the credit of $10.60 applied .. and I thought this was a nice deal at $29.96.

I just called and was within the time frame to adjust for the rollback. Called without a wait and got it adjusted with no problems! Thx for posting the info and #!

Just called CS and tell them the price rolled back. I think the time frame is 7 days, but I not sure.

[quote name='confoosious']I just went through it from the beginning and it takes me all the way to the place order page. For obvious reasons, I did not click on place order.[/QUOTE]

• There is a problem with an item in your cart. See below for details.

Your Cart (1 item)
Subtotal: $19.96

Does not include any applicable shipping changes, sales tax or optional gift wrap charges.

Alan Wake - Limited Edition (Xbox 360) The number of items you've requested exceeds what we currently have in stock.

works in chrome now but still messed up in firefox. After all the time spent on this i decided not to bother i have a feeling walmart will again screw up my order and send me a reg edition or something else. If it does not work try chrome i will save the $$ and use it on someone elses extra gift. :)

[quote name='Tsel']How exactly do we go about getting it adjusted? And what's the grace period?[/QUOTE]

Call them up and tell them there was a rollback in an item you ordered. I ordered mine on 12/7, which is within the 7 days.

[quote name='barrit']Call them up and tell them there was a rollback in an item you ordered. I ordered mine on 12/7, which is within the 7 days.[/QUOTE]

That's when I ordered mine as well, so I'll be giving them a call in a few.

What is wrong with me? I couldn't resist purchasing this CE although I already have the downloaded version on my XBox. Someone please take away my credit card!

[quote name='sharpeone']What is wrong with me? I couldn't resist purchasing this CE although I already have the downloaded version on my XBox. Someone please take away my credit card![/QUOTE]

Just stop! I love CAG to death but there is nothing about it that saves money. The only money saved is on individual purchases, in the long run you buy more video games and crap you don't need compared to not being a member of CAG.

bought it when it was 29.99$, emailed CS see how it goes, if no refund, i'll call.

I already have the regular as well... but can't resist a cheap CE :D

edit: tried calling, and got through easily, refunded!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jabrim']Just stop! I love CAG to death but there is nothing about it that saves money. The only money saved is on individual purchases, in the long run you buy more video games and crap you don't need compared to not being a member of CAG.[/QUOTE]

I know. I check this site constantly throughout the day for deals. I should stop, but it's difficult. It's a disease...

[quote name='sharpeone']I know. I check this site constantly throughout the day for deals. I should stop, but it's difficult. It's a disease...[/QUOTE]

I hear ya! I have such a backlog right now from all the deals i've found on here it's kind of ridiculous..

bread's done
Back