Alcatraz 2 Hour Premiere - Monday 1/16 8 PM on Fox

gravel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Anyone else excited for this show?

Alcatraz

For anyone who hasn't seen the preview, there's a link to the trailer. The basic premise is that before Alcatraz closed, all of the inmates disappeared. Then after many years, the inmates start returning, at the age they were when they vanished. It's from J.J. Abrams and the cast looks good, so I have some high hopes for it.

Anybody planning on watching?

Meh, I never jump in on the early boat for these types of shows. I will let it get to episode 6 or so before I start paying attention.

I will give it a shot. I am always down for seeing my clone Jorge Garcia act in tv shows and movies.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm excited for it. I just hope FOX gives it a chance.[/QUOTE]
This is the biggest issue for me. Most of these shows are canceled within 6 episodes or at the very least its well known they are not being picked up for a second season.

J.J. Abrams

The same shmuck who brought us Cloverfield(which was essentially Aliens meets Godzilla), though I have to admit I liked his Star Trek reboot.

[quote name='Habbler']I will give it a shot. I am always down for seeing my clone Jorge Garcia act in tv shows and movies.[/QUOTE]

Ha, thats the one reason I dont want to watch this show. I will check it out anyways and hope he doesnt ruin it for me :D

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm excited for it. I just hope FOX gives it a chance.[/QUOTE]
That's my big concern. If it's mildly successful, Fox will move it to a night where it has no shot, then they will move it to Friday nights since the ratings have dropped.

Any series on Fox will have no legs. They are not serious about TV shows unless it's The Simpsons or American Idol. They have no clue how to utilize timeslots to keep a show alive. Firefly died hard because of that, and it's such a cult classic that you know Fox really pissed away something great.

I thought it was okay. It seems kinda rushed to get through each "inmate" and things fall into place far too easily for them to be caught. On the bright side, the lead actress has a nice rack; so there's that. I'll watch a few more episodes.

I finally got around to watching the premiere last night and then I watched the new episode that aired last night. I like it a lot so far, and I'll stick with it for now.

Oh, and I agree with the titty observation. She's not shy about presenting them, either.

It was pretty good, not something I'd drop everything for but definitely was fun. Just another cop drama with a bit of a supernatural twist is what it seems like.

MEH. MEH. Meh. Meh.

Its not good nor bad just there. Its no real difference between it and the hundreds of other cop type drama shows.

My biggest problem is that they have that supernatural edge to it yet its completely ignored. There is no real link as far as I can tell that these people have to be from Alcatraz. Other than the fact that they said they are all suppose to be a million years old they could easily be just random everyday tv criminals. The one I saw had a guy who liked to kill kids....I saw that on an episode of Bones, CSI, Criminal Minds..etc etc.

ya, that seems to be the direction they are going. Normal cop show, two minutes of supernatural. I'd prefer if they focused more on the supernatural, but the whole thing just seems so forced.

hearing sam neill say welcome to alcatraz, in the put on accent, i dont care for the show based on that.

[quote name='powercreep']On the bright side, the lead actress has a nice rack [/QUOTE]

Woah, woah WOAH... no one told me this. How do I not know about this? I might need to start watching now.

Actually, I'll wait until it hits Netflix or something. I'm done jumping on board sci-fi shows that sound cool only to have them canceled (Firefly) or suck (The Event, FlashForward, Invasion, etc... just about every show).

The woman playing the female detective also played Polly Zobelle in the second season of Sons of Anarchy. I didn't even make the connection until I saw it on IMDB.

Does anyone watch this? I just finished watching the season finale.

Im kind of confused...

Arent Hauser and that Madsen inmate brothers? But in the hospital they said the bartenders brother stabbed the girl. So there all brothers?

Also they showed at the end how they put silver in their blood and are able to track them. But for what purpose. They still didnt say anything about time travel, which it made it look like that scientist guy was trying to hope to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm, but Tommy Madsen is Rebbecca Madsens grandpa, and Sam Hauser is Tommys brother but has a different last name. Thats what i got. Its the same guy who is dating Lucy in the past, that is the brother of Tommy. But how is Ray related to Rebbecca? Adoption?

I hope the show gets picked up for more seasons, i really like it, even if im a bit confused.

Hauser isn't related to any of them. I'm not sure where you ever got that idea. Ray and Tommy are brothers. Ray changed his name to work on Alcatraz. Tommy then arranged for Ray to adopt Tommy's son, who was Rebecca's father.

I think im just getting young ray and young hauser mixed up, they look the same to me..from what i can remember.

I wish i could find a place where people are talking about the story, because id like to hear what people think about whats going on. But i cant seem to find any good spots. Facebook just has please renew, or people asking questions. Sometimes i just like to read what people think.

bread's done
Back