Alice: Madness Returns LE Lithograph - get 'em before they are gone (again...ha!)

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah I know, I know, not an initial deal..but those interested know the drill. Generally after they sell out, you can count on the value at least doubling or more.

Interesting other merch available as well - mini lithos - $10 ea - buy all four receive $8 discount.

(Might be a way to condense these litho threads eventually - although ME probably deserves it's own due to the interest and number they pump out.)

Alice: Madness Returns Tears full-sized lithograph. Limited edition of 500 printed, individually signed and numbered by US Artist, Julie Dillon.

18x24" Lithograph, 100lb. Paper

Price: $40.00

This is Treehouse so you can expect shipping in flat double layered cardboard or worst case scenario rolled in box or tube. Shipping will run probably between 6.50 -12 depending on what option you choose.

Latest update: Seems they are selling them in bunches. Hard to tell exactly how many are left.

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/tears-lithograph

Last edited by a moderator:
In for 1, a bit expensive, but it will go nice with the art book. I am a sucker for nice litho limited editions. 18" x 24" is pretty nice, i will have to get it framed. I didn't see anywhere how many were left though.

Same. The Alice in the litho was too angelic. It feels more like a Disney Alice litho than an American McGee Alice. I debated on buying it for almost a week, and I'm still leaning on no. If it would have been a nice picture of her holding the Vorpal Blade, I would have been in for two. Even if the Alice in this litho was more demented, I would have considered it.

I know a lot of you won't like this question but, will this be an easy flip? Even if it's not I always wanted a limited litho, ever since the ME ones sold out. I'm just not sure whether this is really the one I want to get or wait for a different developer to possibly put out lithos for different games. Just wondering, if I end up not liking it. Let me know what you guys think.

[quote name='Matedawg11']I know a lot of you won't like this question but, will this be an easy flip? Even if it's not I always wanted a limited litho, ever since the ME ones sold out. I'm just not sure whether this is really the one I want to get or wait for a different developer to possibly put out lithos for different games. Just wondering, if I end up not liking it. Let me know what you guys think.[/QUOTE]

I sort of doubt it. It hasn't sold out after about a month. There were 37 in stock about a week ago, and there's still like 20 left now.

[quote name='Vinny']In for one. Never got around to beating the first game but the artwork was really nice.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI if you had not heard the original game is included with the new game

That stock number might be misleading, as well. Initially only 50 were released, even though the order page said 500. Maybe all have been put out for sale since then, but if not there's a good chance these will hit the $24 or even $10 "we can't sell these" price.

[quote name='L0sther0']Just FYI if you had not heard the original game is included with the new game[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and good thing because I stopped playing the first as it didn't seem to work very well on my Win 7 machine.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, and good thing because I stopped playing the first as it didn't seem to work very well on my Win 7 machine.[/QUOTE]

And if you have physical copy of the original, it would be a good idea to sell it now since prices are pretty high. Sold mine for $55 which pretty much pays for both games now.

Ordered the other limited print item instead since I didn't really like the Tears art that much.

Limited Edition custom screen printed Vorpal Blade poster. 300 hand printed pieces, individually numbered.

16x20", 80 lb. cover paper
Price: $35.00

they should have made one of those minis in 18x24" format --- like London Calling, and had them signed and numbered. That would have looked amazing in large format. I won't get this, and the game looks disappointing, as well - like Dante's Inferno with a crazy Wonderland skin. That's too bad, really. I'll watch more gameplay and the reviews once they are released.

Ordered a Tears litho. I wish I could find a mat and frame big enough to fit 18x24... my Dead Space litho is still in its packaging.

[quote name='takotchi']Ordered a Tears litho. I wish I could find a mat and frame big enough to fit 18x24... my Dead Space litho is still in its packaging.[/QUOTE]
Check Hobby Lobby if you have one near you. I've gotten frames for 4 18x24 Mass Effect lithos from there.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Check Hobby Lobby if you have one near you. I've gotten frames for 4 18x24 Mass Effect lithos from there.[/QUOTE]

I don't have one nearby and I wouldn't shop there if I did.

That said, I tried Michaels, and they didn't have mats large enough. Frames, but no mats. :roll: Oh well.

[quote name='HunteR7411']Limited Edition 18x24" Lithograph
Only 200 available. Please reduce your order.

How did it go to only 17 left to 200?!?[/QUOTE]

199 in stock, lol...

Looks like they started shipping them out. I just got a notification before I could email them to cancel. Oh well. better be amazing. I think the art book will be way cooler though.

[quote name='MotzCTG']Looks like they started shipping them out. I just got a notification before I could email them to cancel. Oh well. better be amazing. I think the art book will be way cooler though.[/QUOTE]

I got a shipping notification this morning. I plan on refusing shipment and doing return to sender. I expect a full refund if not, they can fight my credit card as I will dispute it.

I am not 100% sure where they are shipping mine, I am off in Romania right now for work, so if it goes to my house UPS will have no way to deliver, if it goes to my office then it will be accepted. I am not too upset, but I don't like being deceived.

I bought it because I liked it, not because it was about to sell out, so I kept my order. (It still hasn't shipped.) That said, I will feel stupid if it goes on sale. We'll see.:whistle2:|

Against my better judgement I decided to keep the lithograph as I was impressed on how they shipped it. The package was in a complete flat box (not the round tubes from valve) and were immaculate condition when I opened it. I have 17/500 of the tears litho.

[quote name='takotchi']I don't have one nearby and I wouldn't shop there if I did.

That said, I tried Michaels, and they didn't have mats large enough. Frames, but no mats. :roll: Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if your Michaels works the same way, but in ours if you go to the custom framing section, they will cut you a custom mat in a limited selection of colors for a small extra charge, sometimes free if you pick a color that isn't in demand. I had some custom cut mat for my Bioshock prints made up, they were super nice about it. I think it's one of the things they offer but don't really advertise. If you have a JoAnne Fabrics or AC Moore with custom framing departments, they sometimes have build-your-own mats that come in various sizes, but tend to look ugly put together if you don't touch them up with inks.

~ Signed, Onett's scrapbooker girlfriend IRL

bread's done
Back