Alien Syndrome -- is this an improved way to control a game?

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
The game sounds pretty cool (it's from SEGA though, so I'm not having a lot of faith at this point). I watched some vid's on IGN and thought, "Is this going to be a fun game (overhead Gauntlet style) to control with a Wii controller?

I don't own a Wii but I've been playing a little bit and it seems like the cursor is a bit loose sometimes. Don't get me wrong, it's cool for some games. I'm just wondering if this is one of them that would be better with a reg controller.

I didn't want to start another thread on this game, but has anyone played this yet? Websites show the game as being available, but there are zero reviews for this game. I was pretty interested, but it's not looking so hot at the moment.

There's no way this game is going to be good. It was being built akong side the PSP version. That's why the box art is so cool because the game is going to blow.

I just finished playing it 5 minutes ago on the wii. Reminds me of gauntlet legends, but... um... crappy? i did not like this game for a second with the crappy wii controls. first impression though, it might get better as i play it.

i hate not being able to strafe :/

[quote name='1_Chocobo']I just finished playing it 5 minutes ago on the wii. Reminds me of gauntlet legends, but... um... crappy? i did not like this game for a second with the crappy wii controls. [/QUOTE]

Possibly the best 3 sentence review I've ever read, thanks I'll save my cash. It's too bad though, a modern shooter sounds like good fun. I was hoping it'd play like Loaded on PS1.

when i got suckered into preordering this i was told it would be 'just like metroid prime b/c its about a chick fighting aliens'

[quote name='monkeydeew']when i got suckered into preordering this i was told it would be 'just like metroid prime b/c its about a chick fighting aliens'[/quote]

oops. :D

From the comments I read, it seems to be a like/hate game. If you go into the game expecting a sci-fi dungeon crawl, then you'll probably be reasonably satisfied.

Chances are I will end up liking this game, but I'll know for sure when I get it next week or so.

how could you not include a strafe function in a top down shooter?

Fail.

"Is this an improved way to control a game?" I think this is a question which could and should be asked of all Wii games. Unfortunately, I think the majority of the time the answer would be no.

I wouldn't trust Sega of all developers to optimize Wii controls. Least of all on a port of a PSP game that was likely done quickly to bump up revenue. Most of their games can't do it right with traditional controls.

I'll take a copy of the boxart, please. Hold the game.

Can we get the old Alien Syndrome on the VC? that game was alright, good 2 player.

*NES version will never happen, it was one of those unlicensed Tengen carts*

bread's done
Back