Aliens Quadriology (DVD) - $25.49, Batman Anthology (DVD) - $19.99 @ Amazon

On the Alien tip, I would wait and get the Alien and Predator Ultimate Destruction box set, it has 8 films in it... Amazing... DeepDiscount had it for 30 one time. I'm waiting until I find it cheap.

When I first heard that the Batman Anthology was coming out on bluray, I was able to ebay my BA DVD set for $75 because at the time it was out of print. Those were the good ol' days.

[quote name='plong']When the Alien box hits blu is when my wallet comes out.[/QUOTE]

QFT....

The sad this is, Alien has already been released on a HD format: the awful DTheater/D-VHS format.

And yet we wait....

[quote name='Fire_Thief']On the Alien tip, I would wait and get the Alien and Predator Ultimate Destruction box set, it has 8 films in it... Amazing... DeepDiscount had it for 30 one time. I'm waiting until I find it cheap.[/QUOTE]

But aren't those the barebones versions of those movies, whereas the Alien Quadrilogy has all of the director's cuts and special editions and bonus features?

[quote name='boyward']But aren't those the barebones versions of those movies, whereas the Alien Quadrilogy has all of the director's cuts and special editions and bonus features?[/QUOTE]Correct.

[quote name='boyward']But aren't those the barebones versions of those movies, whereas the Alien Quadrilogy has all of the director's cuts and special editions and bonus features?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 8 discs 8 Movies, versus the Quadrilogy is 9 discs - 4 movies

My local FYE store has the AVP set for $34.99 but it is part of the holiday buy one get one free sale. So you could get it and another boxset for $35 most of the BOGO boxsets are TV seasons though

The Quadrilogy set is masterful. One of my most prized DVD collections. Why anyone would want to pay extra or own the AvP films at all leaves me puzzled.

Now lets get that Quadrilogy on Blu please!

[quote name='pochiz82']The Quadrilogy set is masterful. One of my most prized DVD collections.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The amount of extras you get on the Quadrilogy set makes it more than a worthwhile investment. Not to mention each film having two edits as well.

For those interested by the way in a making of the Quadrilogy...

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Bits-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260007063&sr=8-2

A good chunk of this book details the making of the extras and what not. Many interesting things are detailed that really make you appreciate what goes into making sets like these.

bread's done
Back