(ALIVE!) There Will Be Blood (BR) and Sweeney Todd (BR) - $9.99 each.

I ended up getting There Will Be Blood, History of Violence and Michael Clayton all on Blu-ray for under 30. Thanks.

i fucking hate amazon. i have spent over 100$ on blurays with them in the last month.

i never saw TWBB but i didnt like the trailer.

i may bite for sweeney todd. i hated edward scissorhands but this looks much more interesting. recommendations?

[quote name='postulio']i fucking hate amazon. i have spent over 100$ on blurays with them in the last month.

i never saw TWBB but i didnt like the trailer.

i may bite for sweeney todd. i hated edward scissorhands but this looks much more interesting. recommendations?[/QUOTE]

I loved TWBB. Possible spoiler:
I thought it was great up until the end, which sort of fell flat. There was no real resolution.

Am I the only one who thought TWBB sucked?

Guess so.....

Either way, GREAT bargains if you want either of the movies on Blu

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fan of the Sweeney Todd from the 30s, but I'm just not so sure of it as a musical. I abjectly detest most musicals. I'm tempted, but unless my wife wants it, I think I'm passing. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Thanks, bit on There Will Be Blood (still have at least $50 of Amazon credit), haven't seen the movie but heard great things and you can't really go wrong for $10 for a Blu.

sub-$10 is definitely the sweet spot for me. Grabbed TWBB, Dark City, and a $10 360 headset for free shipping. Thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='Sporadic']Don't be a retard and buy There Will Be Blood[/QUOTE]
Don't be a retard, buy There Will Be Blood

[quote name='mlisette23']Amazon has The Spiderwick Chronicles BD for $9.49 as well.[/QUOTE]

I feel that movie sucks, but it did get decent reviews. The acting was bad and the plot was contrived. Lame, too-convenient ending too.

Anyway, might have to get Sweeney Todd now. Thanks Shrike!

Amazon have also just reduced a bunch of the 3-pack blu rays to $24.99 each (Jocks, War, Action, ect) which isnt a bad deal if you can find a pack with all 3 movies you need.

Funny (or crappy) thing is I bought Sweeney Todd and Fight Club yesterday and they already came today. I paid $16.99 for Sweeney Todd and of course they drop the price a day later. I sent them an e-mail though, so we'll see.

don't know if its valid, but when I purchased sweeny todd it had a $10 rebate for trade up... The form was in th bluray case. All you had to do was cut out the 2 proof of purchase.

Damn it Shrik I can't keep buying this stuff. I would like to see TWBB and 10 bucks is a hell of a deal. Hell I would spend about that to rent it depending on where I went. I'm sure their are other BDs that are cheap that I want to get but I don't know about them. I have spent way to much and most of it all has been at amazon. Nice find but I wish it was some time after the first of the year.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I loved TWBB. Possible spoiler:
I thought it was great up until the end, which sort of fell flat. There was no real resolution.
[/QUOTE]

Filthy Lies!
It was a noir movie kind of comeuppance, where everyone gets what they deserve. H.W. has learned from his adopted father's mistakes to become a good man, overcome his disability, and he and Mary Sunday run off to start a new life together. Meanwhile, Eli gets floor wax mixed with his brains. Plainview is a little trickier, but it is implied by his last line ("I'm finished.") that he realizes that his solipsism has brought him to this end. Wet hands, and what will undoubtedly be a hangman's rope. Either that, or he's so mad that he genuinely meant he was finished beating Eli to death.

I call that some damn fine closure.

[quote name='shrike4242']Seems to be dead now, as both are back up to $17.99. Glad people managed to get in on this deal.[/QUOTE]

I am too, thanks for posting :)

These are both back down to 9.99 at Amazon. I believe they are also the same price at B&N, so if you have a membership it may be slightly cheaper there.

YES! There Will Be Blood is about the only great BD I'm missing. Can't wait to see this in HD! One of my favorites... along with any other PTA movie really.

[quote name='indieinsd']I ended up getting There Will Be Blood, History of Violence and Michael Clayton all on Blu-ray for under 30. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Got all 3 of these too! Thanks guys! :applause:

bread's done
Back