ALL Atari Current Gen Games $20 on June 1

Togepy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Check it:

GamersFirst will begin on June 1st at participating retailers and will include a new price point of $19.99 on all existing console titles for PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM), and Game Boy® Advance as well as all existing Windows titles (excluding the recently launched Dungeons & Dragons Online). Additionally, all Windows titles included in the program will be available for immediate download at Valve and Direct2Drive, also for $19.99.

http://www.atari.com/us/gamersfirst/

Quick glance at the games list and we can expect games such as...

Indigo Prophecy
Mark Ecko's Getting Up
Driver Parrallel Lines
Test Drive Eve of Destruction
Matrix Path of Neo

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']is marc ecko's like jet set radio?[/QUOTE]
No.

This is a good time to get Marc Ecko's Getting Up. Been meaning to...

[quote name='rabbitt']Is anyone else curious as to how Atari is still in business?[/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but it's not the same Atari founded by Nolan Bushnell that helped pioneer the industry in the 70's. Infogrames bought the Atari name and later changed their own name to Atari, Inc.

[quote name='rabbitt']Is anyone else curious as to how Atari is still in business?[/quote]
Like whitereflection said, Atari isn't really in business any more, the original company got bought out repeatedly in the 1990s and faded away. Infogrames was the last company to acquire the Atari name and catalog when they bought Hasbro Interactive, so current "Atari" games are really published by Infogrames.

[quote name='rabbitt']Is anyone else curious as to how Atari is still in business?[/quote]

No not really, but I do foresee them to go the way of Acclaim and soon. I don't see them being able t pull an Eidos and reverse the direction the company is currently going in. There is simply too much competition and it is too hard for themto get any of their games truly noticed, nor are any of their franchises really going anywhere. THe only games I am interested right now from Atari would have to be Indigo Prophecy ($14.99 after GGC, yay!) and some DS/GBA games. CAG needs to formulate a more concrete list.

[quote name='rabbitt']Oh, okay. I understand now. But this new Atari doesn't make too many good games itself.[/quote]

they make some good games (mark ecko's getting up, indigo prophecy, transformers, etc.), it's just that they don't get as many sales as they could/should...

I can't vouch for Transformers:armada/energon/whatever but I've heard nothing but good about Path of Neo and I've played Indigo Prophacy which should have gotten more buzz and is definately worth 20 bucks. Honestly I dont think their catalog is any worse than say Konami's.

[quote name='Alpha2']I can't vouch for Transformers:armada/energon/whatever but I've heard nothing but good about Path of Neo and I've played Indigo Prophacy which should have gotten more buzz and is definately worth 20 bucks. Honestly I dont think their catalog is any worse than say Konami's.[/quote]

Really? Konami? I think the reason Konami is much more successful than Atari is because of the arcade and their properties like Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and DDR.

Atari has the resources to create better games, but they just do not utilize it. They need better ideas for games.

[quote name='4tygames']Really? Konami? I think the reason Konami is much more successful than Atari is because of the arcade and their properties like Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and DDR.

Atari has the resources to create better games, but they just do not utilize it. They need better ideas for games.[/quote]

again, i don't think that's the problem..it's that their sales aren't as great as they could be...i mean, they make some quality games, but the sales on those games are about the same as the sales of crappy games from other companies

Is the PS2 version of Indigo Prophecy just as good as the Xbox one? I usually prefer the Xbox versions over PS2 ones but I dont think Indigo will work on the 360..

[quote name='Kuma']if its PC and PSP im all over Dragonshard, Indigo Prophecy, and DBZ for PSP[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, I never even thought about PSP.

DBZ on PSP for $20 would be ace, but you know they will find a way around that. The fact that the article dosen't mention PSP / DS makes me think they aren't going to do it.

[quote name='Kuma']if its PC and PSP im all over Dragonshard, Indigo Prophecy, and DBZ for PSP[/QUOTE]
Says just PS2, GC, XBox, GBA, and PC.

[quote name='Alpha2']Honestly I dont think their catalog is any worse than say Konami's.[/QUOTE]

sorry, but that's crazy talk. :lol:

Konami's catlog has some solid ones and hits but some just are horrible. Silent hill was medirce... Atari needs to bring back alone in the dark, test drive le mas..
But the new driver is defiently fun, matrix, and dragon ball z were all really fun.. so yea ..

Any word if this applies to the LEs as well?

One of my local gamestop's has the LE of Driver 4 and Getting Up and I wouldn't mind snagging both for $40.

Marc Ecko's Getting Up is already $20 at Comp USA (of course YMMV because it's a manager's special, but my local Comp USA had a few copies of the game)

I'll definitely take a look at the new Driver game as well once the sale hits :)

[quote name='ITDEFX']alright, path of neo, finally 20 bucks for the pc :p[/QUOTE]

Saw this at Target yesterday, red tagged at $4.98.

Only games I see myself getting are Path of Neo, Indigo Prophecy, and Neverwinter Diamond. Even with Neo I'm waiting for a price drop, same with Indigo. Diamond will be as soon as I can, I've let that wait too long.

Neverwinter Diamond is by far the best deal of the bunch, if i didnt have it myself id be all over it. It has the original game, the two expansions plus the Kingmaker module

[quote name='Graystone']Might be time to get Ecko's getting up.[/QUOTE]

Ecko will be $9.99 at Circuit City starting next week if you got access to CC.

I heard Indigo Prophecy wasn't bad, although $20 might still be too much for me to make the jump.

bread's done
Back