All Evangelion Eps/Movies?

WiiNet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
125 (100%)
So what is the cheapest way to get all of Evangelion?

I know the Platinum set is a good place to start, but what other movies/director's cuts are there?

And, most importantly, where can I get stuff cheap?

Thanks

ebay probably. the slim pack dvds are the best choice. they don't have any extras, but they're still good because the extras on eva suck balls. especially the commentaries, they REALLY suck.

after that, there's just the two movies, death and rebirth/end of evangelion.

The director's cut episodes are included on the Platinum DVDs along with the original episodes.

Death and Rebirth is basically just a quick summary of the series up through episode 24, and is not very good IMO.

End of Evangelion is the "true" ending to the series and is one of my favorite movies, anime or otherwise.

The new Evangelion 1.0 that just came out in Japan is a remake of episodes 1-6 of the series with new animation and many new scenes/changes. Probably won't be out on DVD for a while yet.

[quote name='Gameboy415']The new Evangelion 1.0 that just came out in Japan is a remake of episodes 1-6 of the series with new animation and many new scenes/changes. Probably won't be out on DVD for a while yet.[/quote]

Oh shit!! That sounds awesome! Is it still IG behind the animation?

And yeah, the movie End of Evangelion is the only real movie in the series you should concern yourself with. Also, it's absolutely amazing.

If you don't care about extras(episode commentaries, a couple discussions from the ADR director and manga panelist, animatics, an interview with Tiffany Grant) then get the Platinum thinpak from Amazon. You should also get End of Evangelion as it is a masterpiece and better than the whole TV series but you might want to check your local used stores for it since it seems there aren't any good deals for it at the moment. If you want the extras for the TV series, then Rightstuf has all of the Platinum singles for $8 each.

lol, from one Eva fan to another, if you want to get the cheapest price then getting the slim-pack of the platinum collection on eBay for about $40 or so. The Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion dvds can be found bundled together for about $30 from what I understand.

Rumor I'm understanding is that Gainax is planning for a HD-DVD re-release of the series sometime later next year. Unfortunately the only two officially announced titles for next-gen dvd formats are the Freedom series and (unfortunately) Dragonball Z. Egh.

Wait another month. They're coming out with a new Eva tin. No idea whats in it yet, but it should bring down the prices of the other sets even more.

[quote name='Bezerker']Wait another month. They're coming out with a new Eva tin. No idea whats in it yet, but it should bring down the prices of the other sets even more.[/quote] Here is the detail of that upcoming release:
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum: Perfect Collection (SRP $129.98 DVD) is a DVD-only release including the entire groundbreaking series thin-packed in a collectible tin case, presented in both English 5.1 and Japanese 5.1 with English subtitles. This collection contains every video extra produced for the original single disc release of Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum.

[quote name='WTK']Here is the detail of that upcoming release:[/quote]

yea...this was supposed to be the 10th (?) anniversary Collection that was supposed to be out last year...then d e l a y e d..........

They also got rid of the pleather jacket.

I know it probably wont benefit too much, but I think they should do one more transfer for BR, then put it to sleep. I'm sure Rebuild Of Eva will probably be marketed to hell as well.

So I just picked this up on eBay for $60US (makes it about $56, $57 Canadian) with shipping.

It's brand new apparantly, and it's a good 50% cheaper than anywhere else in Canada.

Looking forward to this - I've owned all three films for years, and they've never, ever made sense to me...hopefully this will open my eyes a little.

I originally bought the platinum set from deep discount dvd for $45.89 during the 20% sale. They usually happen twice a year, i think the holiday one is coming up. All in all it came out to about 37 bucks. Thats a steal for a great set.

[quote name='Bezerker']They also got rid of the pleather jacket.

I know it probably wont benefit too much, but I think they should do one more transfer for BR, then put it to sleep. I'm sure Rebuild Of Eva will probably be marketed to hell as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's gonna be an onslaught and a half.

I'm ready though.... I'm dying to see the new versions.

bread's done
Back