All Gaming Hats and Beanies $.01 at GameStop

It's just like guides, it's possible they won't know about it, but technically they're supposed to be tossed. If we leave something out that's pennied we'll gladly give it to you, but there's always the stores full of dicks.

I managed to snag a few of each of the GH, RB, and Zelda hats. The store I went to had already sold the Mario hats and all the beanies when they were $5. They didn't have any Zelda belt buckles in either. It definitely helps to know and be friends with store management.

Ugh, I'm friend with the employees in one store, but the manager is a complete douchebag/tool. I can't really explain in words how much of a douche the guy is, but I'll say from things I've witnessed, I'm almost surprised a customer has never knocked him out before, unless maybe I missed it. I'd say anything the store had is gone thanks to him. :/

Stopped by 4 locations on the way home, came away w/ only a Zelda hat...not the GH and RB hats I wanted.

The lesson here is that if you see something you'd be more than happy to buy at the tagged price, buy it when you have the chance. Because it may not be there tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eugaet']Stopped by 4 locations on the way home, came away w/ only a Zelda hat...not the GH and RB hats I wanted.

The lesson here is that if you see somethibg you'd be more then happy to buy at the tagged price, buy it when you have the chance. Because it may not be there tomorrow.[/quote]

That's why I nabbed the belt buckle when it was marked 7 bucks.

Looks like they gave up the business of selling them. I haven't seen them parked out by the registers in a while. Sucks, I would have loved to pick them up for a penny -- but knowing GS policies, they probably wouldn't allow sales of them.

Thanks Op! Found 3 different ball hats and two different beanies (Rockband and GH).
Willing to trade the beanies as I did not find the GH ball hat.

It's almost closing time in CA, and I have class until after that. I'll head out tomorrow morning hoping to catch a few cheapies as gifts later :D

cag = cheap ass gifter?

[quote name='eugaet']Stopped by 4 locations on the way home, came away w/ only a Zelda hat...not the GH and RB hats I wanted.[/quote]

I smell a trade potential here. I'll stop by my GS tomorrow and see what they have.

Same .. I got about 3 GS real close by where I live .. problem is 2 of the 3 is run by douchbags who still think is kewl to wear dragonball hairdo.

[quote name='maguszxz']Ah, man that sucks. They were really sweet hats. I can't imagine them tossing them in a dumpster.[/quote]

I can, such a stupid store. They could easily get rif of them for $1 a piece or give them out for free when you buy something.

[quote name='Kerig']I smell a trade potential here. I'll stop by my GS tomorrow and see what they have.[/quote]Well...not that I didn't want a Zelda hat...but I really wanted the GH and RB ballcaps for the wife. I would be willing to trade things (strat guides?) for the other hats, though...

[quote name='J Bling Blang']Is this YMMV or national?[/quote]It's a nationwide drop, but their willingness to sell is YMMV

Wow. The dumpster? How unbelievably stupid. How about free hat with game purchase?

There is nothing in that store that should be thrown away, except for maybe Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon for PS2. Oh yeah, and Kabuki Warriors for XBox.

[quote name='donssword']Wow. The dumpster? How unbelievably stupid. How about free hat with game purchase?

There is nothing in that store that should be thrown away, except for maybe Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon for PS2. Oh yeah, and Kabuki Warriors for XBox.[/QUOTE]

Also Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon for Xbox.

There is no way that there are free things at my gamestop. All of the employees steal the pre-order bonuses and the promo stuff.

[quote name='TimPV3']It's just like guides, it's possible they won't know about it, but technically they're supposed to be tossed. If we leave something out that's pennied we'll gladly give it to you, but there's always the stores full of dicks.[/QUOTE]
Those would be the Spokane stores.

[quote name='donssword']Wow. The dumpster? How unbelievably stupid. How about free hat with game purchase?[/quote]We were actually giving the extras for free with a preorder.

The Gamestop at Boardwalk Square off Barry Road in the Northland of Kansas City gave me a free Rock Band beanie yesterday. They had about 4 more of those, plus about 10 hats. They were sitting behind the counter at the front register so it appeared as they were going to be giving them away. I went in the morning so I would guess they are gone now, but for anyone in the Northland of KC it might not hurt to go check this morning.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Same .. I got about 3 GS real close by where I live .. problem is 2 of the 3 is run by douchbags who still think is kewl to wear dragonball hairdo.[/QUOTE]

Wait.. is it NOT cool? ... I need to find one of these hats.. :roll:

[quote name='darkslime']Ooh, I want these, but my local GS employees are dicks.
Will check the dumpster though. (I'll wash them before I wear them. :D)[/quote]

Good idea, unless you want your head to smell like Orange Chicken and expired milk.

Will these hats give me m4d sk1llz?

My nearby Best Buy was clearing these out for $5 each. Seemed pretty meh to me, a beanie with a giant Rock Band logo = fail.

I was genuinely interested in the Bullet Bill beanie for $5 but all the stores on the website that said they had them in stock ended up not having them. I called the last one yesterday and they just laughed and said they would put it on hold.

Come to find out when I walked in that they were laughing because the one time someone called about the hats they had dropped to the $0.01 mark. The clerk said it was my lucky day and explained the situation and said I could have it. He also brought out the box that they had of the leftovers that they had already gone through and said I could help myself. I was pretty impressed with how awesome he was. (He ended up snagging the NES Wallet for himself as well as a hat or two.)

Plus on top of that I ended up finding a complete Megaman Battle Network for the DS - I've been looking forever for a complete one. So yeah - lucky indeed + rare awesome rapestop service.

[quote name='fairtrade']Will these hats give me m4d sk1llz?

My nearby Best Buy was clearing these out for $5 each. Seemed pretty meh to me, a beanie with a giant Rock Band logo = fail.[/quote]

$5>$0.01. Plus, were talking about GS here, not BB @_@. But I don't really care, for a penny, just give it away as a gift, lol.

inspirationaldiscoverdu.png

went to pick up my killzone 2 and saw a full rack of hats/beanies. asked the cashier if they pennied them out yet so he priced checked them for me. sure enough, they came up a penny. cashier let me grab 1 of each kind. he didn't bother scanning them so i came home with 5 hats and 2 beanies for free. doubt ill actually use them, but free is free.

bread's done
Back