All GC/GBA 40% off at Fred Meyer (Zelda/MP 7 $29.99, MKDD/SSBM $17.99, SMS/AC $11.99)

instapho

CAG Veteran
Edit by Io: OK, I'm sort of taking over this thread ;). It was originally about a mistakenly priced Zack & Wiki deal for $23.99. It turns out they had Zack & Wiki in the system as a Gamecube game and thus when they put all the Gamecube and GBA stuff 40% off they also put Zack & Wiki 40% off. Some lucky people were able to get it for that price automatically, then it appears Fred Meyer fixed it and still others were able to get them to honor the shelf tags. If you can still find the shelf tags at this time you might try your luck.

But, anyway, the BIG news here is the 40% off for all Gamecube and GBA stuff at Fred Meyer! I was able to get Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for $11.99, FF VI for $18.99, and saw all the ones now in the thread title and more. The sale is on EVERY GC and GBA game and lasts until January 5th. If you combine it with the bonus coupons FM sometimes has you can save even more (last weekend there was a 10% off all games AND a $30 off $150 which could be combined!).

Original post follows:
---------------------------
Edit: Seems this might be dead.

Went to Freddies to pick up SSBM, when I noticed there was a sales tag for Zack and Wiki for $23.99. Cheapest I've seen it yet so I decided to pick it up for myself.

Although the game range up as $39.99, the cashier adjusted the price after seeing the sale price.

This was at the Fred Meyers in Beaverton, OR... again this might be very YMMV. Fuzzy cellphone pics below (receipt says "GM Cube sftw" but the product number is correct):
tag.jpg
receipt.jpg

Good luck

A lot of the GBA and GameCube games were on sale too - like a LOT of them. Was thinking of Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 for $11.99. All the Pokemon GBA games were on sale - Unf, many of the older ones were Player's Choice box. Sale ends January 4 if I remember.

I don't think its YMMV since it was a sale tag. I saw em at Gateway.

(Btw, this should be posted in the NW Regional Deals section)

Zack & Wiki = Great game. To bad it's going by unnoticed by the general public.

I highly suggest all action/graphic adventure fans to give it a go.

[quote name='brianmoy']Forgot to mention, Trauma Center on Wii is $29.99 at the sale too.[/quote]

I'm assuming this is TC: New Blood, or is it TC: Second Opinion?

Glad it was confirmed...I'm gonna pick it up from Redmond, WA after work today. I have heard too many good things about this one!

[quote name='djfp']Glad it was confirmed...I'm gonna pick it up from Redmond, WA after work today. I have heard too many good things about this one![/QUOTE]
Can you pick me up a copy? I will PayPal you the money!

fuck! I want this game (not that I'd ever get to play it because I can't pull myself away from COD4 and Halo3), but we've got none of these stores on the east coast.

[quote name='vesp']Hmm, I'll go check the Lake City (Seattle) one tommorrow I think. Cant really afford it atm but super tempted.[/QUOTE]

I was just at the LCW FM - no coupon. You might call and ask if they have one behind the counter or something. I didn't have time.

do I see smash brothers for under $20? dang.. there are several gamecube games you can't even find used around this area (cleveland) for less than $20-25. Things that come to mind are SSBM, MK: DD, well.. first party games really.

looks very YMMV. Already bought Zak & Wiki, but don't think I'd go to Freddie's for this one - DISAPPOINTMENT IMMINENT

I'd definitely say this is worth the under-$25 price tag. I rented it for a couple days and thought it was charming if not a little too unforgiving at times. Might have enjoyed it more if I wasn't juggling it between Puzzle Quest, Picross DS, and Planet Puzzle League.

Good find OP!

[quote name='zephie']I'm assuming this is TC: New Blood, or is it TC: Second Opinion?[/quote]

It was Second Opinion - or whichever the new one is - if I recall.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Man, I wish there were FM stores in the southeast![/quote]

Yeah, Northwest only. Its really a good store. You probably notice I talk about it all the time. ;)

Also NOT on sale in the Portland Metro area.

I think what might have happened is that it was mistagged in their system as a Gamecube game and then initially lumped into that 40% off sale. This fits with what is shown on the receipt instapho posted. Thus when they put all the GC games on sale for 40% off they threw in Zack & Wiki ($39.99 - 40% = $23.99). Some stores tagged it that way and then needed to provide the override for it to ring up that way. And perhaps early today or yesterday it was ringing up as cheap everywhere but they fixed it in the system this afternoon. I tried it at 5pm Thurs.

The good news is that there is a 10% off all video games coupon in the paper today (good Thurs - Sat). It is probably available in store. I was able to get Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for $10.19 after coupon.

No Z&W sale tags at Bellevue or Redmond WA, however there were a slew of Pokemon games for 11.99->17.99 (fire red, etc). I picked up Mario Advance for 11.99 to round out my GBA mario collection.

I checked the Beaverton Town Square Freddies in OR and I didn't see it on sale. Also checked another in Hillsboro, same result.

If it was a mistake and now no good anymore, too bad. I saw it on sale the night before this was posted (too lazy to share) and was thinking of getting. But there was a LOT of 40% off Nintendo brand games, so wanted to think about it first.

Note also that there was yet another 1-day $10 off $50/$20 off $100/$30 off $150 coupon in the Oregonian today. This time it was on the inside of the front section and not in a self-contained Fred Meyer ad. As a result, they won't be easy to find in store like last time. But you can always buy the paper and then use it ;). It also stacks with the 10% off video games coupon. So while you may not be able to get Zack & Wiki for $23.99 any more, you can get some cheap stuff - especially that GC/GBA stuff already marked down 40%.

Example: Buy Zelda TP, SSBM, Mario Kart DD, FF V, FF VI, Kingdom Hearts CoM. Total before discount = $113.xx. 10% discount brings it to $102.xx. Then take off $20 with the coupon from the paper making the total $82.xx for a hell of a lot of quality gaming!

[quote name='io']Note also that there was yet another 1-day $10 off $50/$20 off $100/$30 off $150 coupon in the Oregonian today. This time it was on the inside of the front section and not in a self-contained Fred Meyer ad. As a result, they won't be easy to find in store like last time. But you can always buy the paper and then use it ;). It also stacks with the 10% off video games coupon. So while you may not be able to get Zack & Wiki for $23.99 any more, you can get some cheap stuff - especially that GC/GBA stuff already marked down 40%.

Example: Buy Zelda TP, SSBM, Mario Kart DD, FF V, FF VI, Kingdom Hearts CoM. Total before discount = $113.xx. 10% discount brings it to $102.xx. Then take off $20 with the coupon from the paper making the total $82.xx for a hell of a lot of quality gaming![/quote]

Sweet.

Actually, it was the $10 off $50 coupon I was waiting for. That's why I didn't get the $23.99 Zack Wiki when I saw it. I figured I could wait and then get like Zack and Wiki + Trauma Center Second Op for $43.98 after discounts. But maybe the Trauma Center Second Op was a sale mistake too...

There's still a bunch of the GBA and GC sale games I wanted.

Oh, and finally the thread is adjusted to mention that a LOT of Nintendo brand games are 40% off. Note ends January 4 if it wasn't mentioned. Thought it was strange that the OP just mentioned the sale price of ONE game of the sale.

Time to check my Oregonian.

[quote name='brianmoy']Oh, and finally the thread is adjusted to mention that a LOT of Nintendo brand games are 40% off. Note ends January 4 if it wasn't mentioned. Thought it was strange that the OP just mentioned the sale price of ONE game of the sale.

Time to check my Oregonian.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I changed the title. That was about all I could fit in there. After a few days I'll probably remove the Zack & Wiki thing entirely and just leave it as a GC/GBA 40% off sale thread. That is the real story here, but checking for Zack & Wiki was what led me to it (though I know someone mentioned it before too - I just didn't see those games on 2 visits since they put them way in the back corner ;)).

As for the coupon, I would never have found it if I hadn't seen a lady in front of me at FM today use it to buy a DS. And here I was about to let her know about the 10% coupon - she outdid my CAGeyness! Anyway, I looked all over the store where they keep flyers and such and couldn't find it. When I got home I opened up the paper and still couldn't find it. Then my wife showed me it was inside the front section - very wierd place for them. Anyway, now I have one to use and I'm heading out. I may want a second to use, and if so I'll just buy another paper ;).

Missed that $30 off $150 coupon again :bomb:

Found 2 FM's with Zack & Wiki but no mistake yellow tag in sight.

Anyway, I picked up Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 (GBA) for $10.79 yesterday.

[quote name='io']
As for the coupon, I would never have found it if I hadn't seen a lady in front of me at FM today use it to buy a DS. And here I was about to let her know about the 10% coupon - she outdid my CAGeyness! Anyway, I looked all over the store where they keep flyers and such and couldn't find it. When I got home I opened up the paper and still couldn't find it. Then my wife showed me it was inside the front section - very wierd place for them. [/quote]

I looked thru the FM ads and I couldn't find the latest $10 off $50, etc. coupon either... (I remembered to check after you mentioned it) I did see the 10% off coupon, but was sort of "bah" on that. I'm not likely to spend enough to make that really worthwhile.

Guess I'll check again.

As of today (12-18-07) Zack & Wiki is on sale at Vancouver Freddie's (in Hazel Dell) for $23.99. The yellow clearence tag said "wii" on it too. I would've gotten it if we hadn't already had $80+ worth of groceries in the cart. :(
Numerous yellow sale stickers for gc and gba games, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Plenty of old xbox titles still left, though if that's you're thing.

I was at the Gladstone Fred Meyers today and Trauma Center Second Opinion is still on sale (tag by game at least) at $29.99 (regular $49.99), for those that care. Looks like people are more interested in finding the Zack Wiki game. That one didn't have the sale tag by the game.

[quote name='brianmoy']I was at the Gladstone Fred Meyers today and Trauma Center Second Opinion is still on sale (tag by game at least) at $29.99 (regular $49.99), for those that care. Looks like people are more interested in finding the Zack Wiki game. That one didn't have the sale tag by the game.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I was there right after the Zack & Wiki thing broke on CAG and I didn't even notice that ;). Yeah, I'm not interested in Trauma Center at $29.99 either. Though at the time I was there it was 10% + $30 off $150. I still probably wouldn't have gotten it.

I'm hoping they have another $30 off $150 coupon for this weekend, though being the last shopping weekend before Christmas who knows - maybe they'll have one just after Christmas (and while the GC/GBA sale is still going on).

[quote name='io']Hey, I was there right after the Zack & Wiki thing broke on CAG and I didn't even notice that ;). Yeah, I'm not interested in Trauma Center at $29.99 either. Though at the time I was there it was 10% + $30 off $150. I still probably wouldn't have gotten it.

I'm hoping they have another $30 off $150 coupon for this weekend, though being the last shopping weekend before Christmas who knows - maybe they'll have one just after Christmas (and while the GC/GBA sale is still going on).[/quote]

I mentioned it (the $29.99 Trauma Center Second Op) right after this thread started. If it was at the $24.99 or less mark, probably more people would care I'm guessing. I actually don't even have a Rev yet so guess none of that affects me.

Likewise, I'm waiting fo rthe $10 off $50, etc.... coupon. I never did find the last one you mentioned. I did see one earlier in Dec., but didn't make it that day.

[quote name='brianmoy']I mentioned it (the $29.99 Trauma Center Second Op) right after this thread started. If it was at the $24.99 or less mark, probably more people would care I'm guessing. I actually don't even have a Rev yet so guess none of that affects me.

Likewise, I'm waiting fo rthe $10 off $50, etc.... coupon. I never did find the last one you mentioned. I did see one earlier in Dec., but didn't make it that day.[/QUOTE]

Oh I saw your post - what I meant is I went in to the Gladstone store specifically looking for the Zack & Wiki mistag and didn't even notice the Trauma Center one ;).

[quote name='io']Oh I saw your post - what I meant is I went in to the Gladstone store specifically looking for the Zack & Wiki mistag and didn't even notice the Trauma Center one ;).[/quote]

Ah, I got it.

I wasn't implying I have like a posting complex or anything. Hey, see my posts?

[quote name='eldergamer']As of today (12-18-07) Zack & Wiki is on sale at Vancouver Freddie's (in Hazel Dell) for $23.99. The yellow clearence tag said "wii" on it too. I would've gotten it if we hadn't already had $80+ worth of groceries in the cart. :(
Numerous yellow sale stickers for gc and gba games, but I couldn't find them anywhere. Plenty of old xbox titles still left, though if that's you're thing.[/quote]

From my own experience, one or two FM's in our area (Puget Sound) have pulled all their GC and GBA games and put them in those aisle cart/shelves, but then stuck those carts in another part of the of the electronics dept (far from the video games). For example, I found one cart in the entrance way to the dept at one store (easy enough to spot), and then another store had the cart in the DVDs area (not as intuitive, actually opposite end of video games)...

bread's done
Back