All Pro Football 2K8 (PS3) 9.99 Amazon.com

I bought this for the 360 at Target for around $7.50. You figure, the rosters will never get out dated, and the gameplay is good enough. Some people even think its better than Madden's. For such a cheap price, it won't take many plays to get your moneys worth. Plus i found its really hard to stop the Dan Marino to Fred Biletnikoff bomb! If ya like football games and don't have one for the ps3 yet, why not?

[quote name='dugo_7']I bought this for the 360 at Target for around $7.50. You figure, the rosters will never get out dated, and the gameplay is good enough. Some people even think its better than Madden's. For such a cheap price, it won't take many plays to get your moneys worth. Plus i found its really hard to stop the Dan Marino to Fred Biletnikoff bomb! If ya like football games and don't have one for the ps3 yet, why not?[/quote]

Thanks!, I placed my order....

possibly the best deal yet on a PS3 game that you might actually play more than once. I mean, it's the 2K5 engine, just with retired players. I play it all the time & prefer it to Madden any day. i bought it for 19.99 and thought it was a steal at that price. :applause:

Just a side note... the PS3 version runs at a shaky 30 frames per second. 360 version is 60. So if you have both systems I would wait for a sale on the 360 version.

^ Since when has 30 frames per second been shaky? If you have both systems, I WOULDN'T wait for a sale on 360 cuz you won't know when it will be and if there even will be one. As for me, I might bite on this one.

Dunno how the PS3 version is but the 360 rocks, outside of being a stripped down 2k5 It's easily worth $10 considering your supporting something besides Madden, but buying at $10 I don't know if that's supporting ;)

I'm conflicted by this deal. I love cheap PS3 games but I'm not really into sports games. Oh well... Looks like a good deal if you like football.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Both PS3 and 360 versions will be $9.99 next week at BB, per next week's ads posted on this site.[/quote]

Hmm - I wonder if I can use that $10 off any PS3 game with this.... now that would be nice :bouncy:

^ You can, my buddy did this just a few days ago.

Good game, get it for $10. I think I paid 20 or 30 and I am satisfied.

Also, no problems with frame rate. However, you will also want to gouge your ears out after you hear Tom Sawyer 10 times in one game.

[quote name='shortyman920']^ Since when has 30 frames per second been shaky? If you have both systems, I WOULDN'T wait for a sale on 360 cuz you won't know when it will be and if there even will be one. As for me, I might bite on this one.[/QUOTE]

It's a sports game. You can bet on the 360 version falling to $10 or less.

It is kinda sad to see how low VC has gone with their games just not selling, especially the once prized football games. This happened with their last few and I wouldn't be surprised if this is their LAST football game period.

Weird thing is that if they released this on a budget price, it would have sold better. Which I think would be more important, getting the brand name out there. At this price, its basically a steal. What is surprising is that Madden this year sold well but not like it has before.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Both PS3 and 360 versions will be $9.99 next week at BB, per next week's ads posted on this site.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Somehow I missed this when I looked at Speedy's post. I'll be heading to BB next week for the 360 version.

Good deal for those who don't want to support the Madden empire. I picked the 360 version up from Gamefly for $3.XX during Thanksgiving with a $10 off coupon, and it's definitely worth $10.

I'll probably pick this up at Best Buy next week if I can find a decent coupon.

I'm a huge 2k5 fan.

I'll try picking up a PS3 copy too, free with that $10 off PS3 game coupon... even though I don't have a PS3.

[quote name='bingbangboom']It is kinda sad to see how low VC has gone with their games just not selling, especially the once prized football games. This happened with their last few and I wouldn't be surprised if this is their LAST football game period.
[/QUOTE]

I thought APF 2K9 has already been announced.

I'm wondering the same thing, I bought Madden 07 for $9.99 from BB on Thanksgiving but haven't opened it yet and am considering returning it and getting this instead.

madden really sucks imo. (for all systems)
Its been going downhill for YEARS.

Ncaa is going downhill too and follwoing in EAs/Maddens footsteps.

[quote name='dugo_7']I bought this for the 360 at Target for around $7.50. You figure, the rosters will never get out dated, and the gameplay is good enough. Some people even think its better than Madden's. For such a cheap price, it won't take many plays to get your moneys worth. Plus i found its really hard to stop the Dan Marino to Fred Biletnikoff bomb! If ya like football games and don't have one for the ps3 yet, why not?[/quote]

The hell are you talking about it "some" people think the gameplay is better than Madden. The gameplay IS better than Madden. I bought this game back when it came out in July and I play it to this day. It is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Madden NFL 08, and for only $9.99 you should buy six, lol.

The hell are you talking about it "some" people think the gameplay is better than Madden. The gameplay IS better than Madden. I bought this game back when it came out in July and I play it to this day. It is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Madden NFL 08

haha, sorry, i just didn't want to take a drastic position on this issue. I owned madden 08 for the 360 and sold it on half.com after hating it compared to the original Xbox's 07 Madden. I still haven't played much of All Pro Football, but i do know that Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smitth average 10 yards a carry against me!! haha, must be my sloppy run defense

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Dunno how the PS3 version is but the 360 rocks, outside of being a stripped down 2k5 It's easily worth $10 considering your supporting something besides Madden, but buying at $10 I don't know if that's supporting ;)[/quote]

I'd imagine this is just stores unloading unsold inventory, so the developers probably already have all they're gonna make on it. This is just getting a good bargain from retailers.

I've seen at least half a dozen of these for Xbox360 at $7.48 and about another 6 or so priced at $19.98 for PS3 at my local Target. I got it for 360

[quote name='dayento2']I've seen at least half a dozen of these for Xbox360 at $7.48 and about another 6 or so priced at $19.98 at my local Target. I got it for 360[/quote]

I wish I could find one for 7.48, that's crazy

[quote name='mattheus']I wish I could find one for 7.48, that's crazy[/quote]

Just got it from best buy for 9.99, didnt miss that price by much

[quote name='Negronometry']Wowww. Not a bad deal at all. Only if the 360 version was that price.[/quote]

it is at best buy right now. look on the site

It's at $10 this week at BB (this is the price in their ad.) Amazon was likely just matching that as they do several other B&M sale prices.

I picked this up on sale @ Fry's when it was initially release and like all other football games I buy, I stopped playing it after about a month and then unloaded it on e-Bay. However, for $9.99 I'm back in...can't pass up the chance to once again play as Dan Marino at that price.

bread's done
Back